1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae Owners - Your Favorite Skin Tone and Why?

Sep 1, 2006

?
  1. Snow White

2. Pinky White

3. Golden Beige

4. Tanning

5. Cannot decide

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Pinky white is my personal favorite, Ophelia seems to look good no matter what eyes or wigs she's wearing. But I agree with StrontiumDog, it really depends on your doll's personality and style. Another thing you may want to consider is upkeep, paler dolls will show dirt easier, and depending on the amount of sunlight they get there could be yellowing.

2. Re whether this is helping my decision, I think so.

This matches exactly what I've been thinking. I was on the fence between pinky white and tanning. I was wowed by all of the gorgeous tan Narae photos that have been posted in recent months, but I did get the same feeling that tanning Naraes usually looked outgoing and self-assured. That might just be the faceups but I think it's the healthy tan skin tone too. I think I am looking this time for a doll that looks shy and a bit fragile. But not one that's hard to photograph.

I hope I can decide between Classic and Standard! I haven't seen a new Classic pinky white with delicate makeup anywhere yet. But at least if I make a mistake on that choice, I could get another head.

Carolyn

3. Wow Chopsart your Narae just changed my mind about the Golden Beige tone! Which souldoll is that?

4. Well here's some pics of my girl to try and sway you to the darkside of beauty white LOL I also forgot to mention that she's not a spirit or dead or a fae or anything. Just a normal girl who's really pale XD Also, even though she's quiet, she doesn't relly fit the 'shy type' sterotype. She can be pretty tactless when she speaks XD

With my Soulkid Chase
      [​IMG]

In a wine fur wig~
      [​IMG]

Natural Lighting
      [​IMG]

I just really like this pic XD
      [​IMG]

Looking like an Unoa
      [​IMG]

One if her first pics~
      [​IMG]

Sorry about the spam! I just went though my photobucket and kept adding and adding and adding.... @_@

5. I love her Choco!
      ...what's her name?

6. Her name is Namiir, she is (technically) the first doll I ever got, and the one doll I've taken WAYYYYY too many pictures of! LOL She's a camera hog X3

7. That's a great name.
      It's funny because I've always just called her Choco!

8. Doll stats:
      Most popular color, pinky white. However, lately tanning has begun to overtake pinky white. Both golden beige and snow white are much more rare.

Narin's favorite color for its LE dolls: pinky white.

the tanning dolls *are* natural and not dark tan. The tan is meant to give them a healthy glow rather than scream, "tanned doll!" : - )

Catrina

9. That's funny because when I first saw a tanned doll that was my exact reaction! Lol. Nothing wrong with them, that just wasn't what I had in mind when I read "tan."

10. LOL Well she's got a nickname now! XD

11. Choco - she's beautiful and very alive looking.

12. Watch out you guys. These little ones are very addictive!

Hillary

13. I chose pinky white. Izzy looks good in everything! (IMHO) :)

[​IMG]

14. I am also having problems deciding on color, does either white or pinky white have a yellow hue to them (like luts BW). And is one more transluucent then the other? I guess I am wondering if the white is flat looking- (again like luts)
      Please help!

15. I'm not sure about the white, but the pinky white has more of a pinky hue although it is very white. However, if exposed to the sun too much and with time the pinky white tends to yellow a little.

16. Thanks Denali- Know I just need to know about the white. And then to decide on classic vs regular. They are just such lovelys. Maybe in the future a tan...

17. My girls are giggling, "What is she doing" Okay... The one on the left is a pinky white Narae and the one on the right is a MN Fee White. I thought it might help to tell the difference in color between the bright white of Luts and Pinky White of Narae. Sorry I don't have a white in Narae.

This is without a flash
      [​IMG]
      This is with a flash
      [​IMG]

18. I did a comparison a while back of my Narae and a BW MNF Lishe:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56661

My girl looks really pink due to her bodyblushing though. The last picture with their hands is the most comparable one. Narae is more translucent and has a different kind of resin feel, but other than that, they're quite similar. MAYBEEEEE the Lishe was a TEENSY bit yellower, but it was hardly noticeable. Narae is pretty much stark white. But yeah, the very last pic is the best resin comp. for them. It was after I took off her blushing X3

19. Thanks so much ChocoMejin- that helped a ton- and makes me really want to go with snow white. I loved the comparison of their hands- they are both so delicate.

20. It's amazing to see how much more beautiful (in my opinion) Narae is than a MiniFee. I do love the MF faces, but the bodies, well not so much.