1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae Owners - Your Favorite Skin Tone and Why?

Sep 1, 2006

?
  1. Snow White

2. Pinky White

3. Golden Beige

4. Tanning

5. Cannot decide

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I agree Stella, I think it's because the MNF bodies are more stylized and more.... like, flaunting the sexy? Whereas Narae is more natural and kind of more 'at ease'. I could really see the difference when the two were standing, Lishe was like, 'LOOKIT MAH BOOBIES! 8D' and Narae was kindof like, 'Ok, I'll just kind of slouch here ^^;;' XD

2. Gah, doublepost >O<

3. Yeah i really dislike the mini fee bodies, there just in my oppion fake.
      The narae howeve5r from pictures i've seen looks natural and more human like. Just my oppion anyway.

4. In terms of color, for the pinky white skintone, I have noticed that Naomi has "goldened" a little over the past year. You can see the difference in the pics I posted earlier in this thread. It's subtle, but there is a slight change. I am now more aware of keeping her - and my other dolls - out of sunlight as much as makes sense. She doesn't look yellow, except in certain light, but perhaps almost looks like the Golden Beige skintone. When she arrived here she was sugar-white, with a tinge of pink - really just a tinge. She was very transulcent. Still, the lighting makes a huge difference. In my livingroom she still looks delightfully pale, but in some lighting she turns yellowish. From photos taken with the same lightsource, I can see the color change in her resin. Which also makes me wonder if using lights to photograph can yellow their resin. Hopefully it won't get more yellow over time, but if it does I'll still love her. It would be interesting to have a new pinky-white girl here, to compare their skintone. I've noticed that my Narin, who is tanned (I think...hmm, Catrina, do you remember what hands finally matched him? LOL!) has not changed color at all, that I can see. But then, I haven't taken him out in the sun at all. Naomi has been out for photoshoots about 3 times, I think. Enough, I guess. But then, I hate the thought of a doll trapped in a dark closet for life...

5. Yeah Steph I agree. I'd rather play with my dolls than keep them in a box or a cabinet. That is the joy of BJDs for me.
      You know I am maybe prejudiced about the MNF body. I just don't like that exaggerated "fake" look. I love BJDs when they look real, they are so much less "dollish" and more like small human sculptures.

6. I voted for tanning although it is so hard to tell from pictures what I would truly like the best. I think the other colors are pretty, but for me I like a little more natural look.

Those with Golden Beige...does it have more of a yellowish tone to it?

7. I have to say I really like all the colors. I don't have a Narae or Narin YET but I will someday have both. I think I will order Narin first and I am going to have a very hard time deciding on the color. Does anyone have both Narin and Narae in two differnt colors? How do they go together.
      Chopsartyour Narae is beautiful and I think that's the first golden beige I've seen. It's a lovely color.

8. I have one in each color. My first order was for a 60 cm Narae in pinky white (Limited wedding) and a snow white default 43cm Narae. My next was for a golden beige Narin 43cm. Now I have a tanning 43cm Narae with two faceplates. All the skin tones are exquisite.

9. I have a tan boy , this skintone is so real , its gorgeous
      he has much more of an outgoing personality

Fleur is snow white , and she has a very delicate , innocent feel about her

Fleur has yellowed , but it dosnt affect her beauty at all , I adore her

if money were no object , I would have a golden beige and pink white

10. I was on the narin thread...and suprised that golden beige is darker than tanning...is your golden beige also darker than the tanning?

11. Hey Nikki, I responded on the discussion thread as well: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81444

No, the golden beige is not darker, just different. More golden. The tan is not a deep rich tan, but the skin tone has some depth to it, I guess. It photographs nicely. It would not be comparable to the tan of other dolls sold as tanned dolls.

Here is another photo from Catrina's thread:
      [​IMG]
      Here is the thread with more photos:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56037&highlight=narae+comparison

12. thank you Deb..I so love tanning..and that pic had me second guessing. I just love the warmth of the tanning skin. I look forward to my little girl.

13. I'm getting a tan Narin. Does anyone have a comparison picture of a tan Narin or Narae and a normal skin Volks SD/MSD (pureskin)? If noone posts here maybe I'll put this request in the gallery section.

14. This isn't the best shot for your purposes, but Hewitt is a Volks normal skin, I believe, and Nanette is a tanning Narae.
      [​IMG]

15. Thanks. Looks like the colors aren't that different. Nanette looks just a little tanner in this shot. Is that how it is IRL?

16. Yes, that photo is a little yellow with the lighting. Nanette's (Narae) "tanning" skin has the deepest tone of the three. Holly (Sist) is the lightest.

17. i chose pinkywhite because i love the way it photographs on other peoples' dolls.

18. I guess I will give in...I was trying so hard not to spam with my Nerilka! She's a tanning Narae and I love it that her french resin glows and looks great with simple black bobbed hair or wild and bright colors too!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      To me, Nerilka's tanning tone always looks like she's sun kissed and healthy- not fake tanner orangey or overly brown.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      And no matter what tone you pick, they pose beautifully as well!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]