1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae Owners - Your Favorite Skin Tone and Why?

Sep 1, 2006

?
  1. Snow White

2. Pinky White

3. Golden Beige

4. Tanning

5. Cannot decide

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Ranmanekineko---Spam away! Narae looks wonderful in all the photos. She is so versatile and can create so many unique looks.

I especially love her black bob wig with those intense lips.

2. Oh goody...another thread to spam with Nona pics! LOL.

I painted Nona for my Mom with a warm/peach palette which compliments her skin tone and seems to be pretty versatile. I love the skin tone so much I ordered my Narae in tan too. ^_^
      [​IMG]
      The only wig I haven't liked her in yet was a pure black one.

3. She looks gorgeous! Mine is tan too, she is very pale actually!

4. Hehe, get one in each colour. That's what you'll end up doing anyway, these little ones are addictive!

I must admit I'm not a big fan of super pale dolls, as I find them harder th potograph (personal perception). I only decided to finally order a Narae when the tanning skin tone was released and I saw some beautiful dolls in this colour around... I must admit I was expecting a darker doll, and not really sure if I'd like that.

To my surprise, she arrived and wasn't "sunbed tan" at all! Just a lovely, realistic skin tone, simply incredible... Teamed with the french resin, it makes her SO real, sometimes I think she'll start talking and walking around.

Here's my Emmaleth:

[​IMG]

5. She's so beautiful. I'm trying to decide between Pinky white and Golden Beige for my new girl so I've been staring at this picture an awful lot.
      Is your Dollzone considered white?

6. Oooh, this thread is so interesting. It's nice to see all the different Narindoll skin colours.

7. OK I'd like some opinions, so I'm resurrecting this thread. I'm going to order a Narae (big one actually, but I thought this thread was appropriate since it is about skintone. Mature head in case you were wondering). I want her to be the character of Jadis the white witch in Narnia. I know the apparent skintone choice would be snow white, but I often waver towards pinky. What do you guys think? I've only seen golden and tan in person.

8. Here's a link to how she looks in the movie -

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/whitewitch.asp
      http://costumes.narniaweb.com/wwlook.asp

From the second link it seems the movie witch is not as white as the book. The movie witch seems to be maybe darker even Narae pinky-white, but less pinky. To match book I guess snow white, to match the movie not sure. With pinky white she might look a little warmer than those movie shots.

Carolyn

9. The whole thing about Jadis is that she is meant to be extremely beautiful. Which is what made me think Pinky might be the way to go. I want her to be extremely flushed, which I guess could work on either skintone.

10. I ultimately picked tanning because I started out with a snow-white Narae and she was too pale for my taste.

Then I got a pinky white which was GORGEOUS but after a almost a year she did yellow a bit. But it really didn't detract from her true beauty.

So I ordered a golden beige and this color didn't suit my tastes. But I gave her a nice face-up with complementing colors and she looks really nice now.
      She has found a new home because...

....I decided on getting a tanning Narae. All the pictures in different lighting of the tanning Naraes show a gorgeous skintone...not at all tanned but nice and flesh-toned. She will be a gift for someone close to me but if I like her too much I may end up keeping her and giving another doll as a gift.
      We'll see when she arrives before the holidays!

11. stella maris For that character my thought is snow white. I think if you blush her the way you want to she will be quite dramatic. That being said, I'm sure that pinky white would work well also. I have not seen a snow white IRL but I have seen a pinky white and that is a very white color too. Good luck deciding. I'm horrible at making decisions but in this case my opinion is snow white.

12. ...all of the Narae's on the site are so unique...

I am most taken with Lyn's Nona...so hauntingly beautiful.

Marie's Emmaleth...she looks like she's so alive!

I am SOOOO glad I ordered a tanning NarinGirl (Narin head with Narae body).

The tanning skin tone looks luscious!

Keep the pics coming!

Steph C.

13. So, you had no yellowing problems with the snow white? Or did you not have her long enough to know?

I can't decide between pinky-white or snow white for the Narae I want to be a companion for my Tanning Narin. I want there to be a distinct difference between their skin tones, but I worry about her "yellowing" to a darker skin tone than him. And with the snow white, I worry that they wouldn't photograph together very well. From what I've gathered, the pinky white seems to just become a "deeper," warmer skin tone when yellowed; whereas, the snow white actually takes on more yellow hues? Correct?

14. I started this thread when I was agonizing over whether to get pinky-white or tanning for my Narae. I eventually decided on pinky-white and I'm very happy with it. The skin tone is not too difficult to photograph and it has a fragile look. Someday I would still like to get a tanning friend for her.

Wren (Classic Pinky-White)
      [​IMG]

Carolyn

15. Since Nona is Mutti's doll I'll add a picture of Kiele. :D

[​IMG]
      Kiele is a open eye tanning with faceup by me. She's freckled, but it doesn't really show in this pic. Please visit my LJ or the Narae thread for Kiele overload. LOL. Her reluctant pal here is Ullrich, a Normal Skin IM Hound. I guess you could call HIM pinky white. ^_^

16. Great shot! She looks sweet and he looks reluctant but wondering about it...

Carolyn

17. Does anyone have multiple skin tone Naraes in the same photo? It would be interesting to see them in various lighting.

Carolyn

18. Bumping for more opinions on skin tone.

19. I'm waiting for a Pinky-White 43cm Narae to arrive.

Based on the photos I really like that skin-tone best, but since hearing about the issues of yellowing, if I order another one it will be tanning. Not because I like it better, but because I'm worried about matching with new face plates down the road.

I see in the poll that pinky-white used to be ahead by a margin and now tanning has overtaken it as the favourite.

I hope there's a chemist out there right now who's working on a protective spray that will prevent the pale girls from yellowing!

20. Dollshe boys make a GREAT Narae accessory! ;)