1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae Owners - Your Favorite Skin Tone and Why?

Sep 1, 2006

?
  1. Snow White

2. Pinky White

3. Golden Beige

4. Tanning

5. Cannot decide

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. This is a great thread. I have been trying to decide for a week on what to order. Think I will go with tanning for my first. Thank you everyone! Jackie

2. pinkywhite. because of the glow, they can easily wear any color clothing or wig (kind of like with peoples' skin. like i can't wear orange because it makes me look green. stuff like that), and it's the only color that other french resin dolls come in for the most part. and i like that all of my midgets match (sort of. limhwa pinkywhite is pinker, n-dolls is paler).

although i have to admit that golden beige might be a second choice for me since french resin has a tendency to yellow (or as i like to say, mellow) over time and it might be more subtle with them.

i'm not a fan of the new tan because it seems to turn purple against oranges and reds.

3. OMG this is great topic. i wondering for month what color choose. and from your opinions i think i will take the tan one :)

4. Shaiel -Be sure to see the new tan because it is new and darker than the original tan.

Carolyn

5. Laurman2000, is that the new or the old tanning?

It's very pretty!

6. Carolyn.S : okey, thanks.
      i love new tan ^^ its very lovely

7. The new tan is quite beautiful, I have seen it at a meetup. It is not as dark as other tans though. I have an old tan and it is more like the new golden beige. I love it though. I have to say my Narae is 2 years old and her resin has not changed color at all and I have taken her everywhere. I think the tan may be a good choice for the French Resin.

8. *raises eyebow*there's a NEW golden beige? how simeler is it to old tanning tone?

9. Macey is the old tanning. I've had him since February.

10. Darn! The old tanning would have been perfect!

(The problem with putting together a doll based on an original OC, everything has to be as close to perfect as possible ;) ).

Does anybody have links to pictures of the new golden beige and tanning on actual finished dolls? The pics I have found of the new tanning have been on dolls without face ups and that makes it quite tricky to figure out what it will look like on a doll with face-up, wig, etc. (as that can affect how it appears and it may not go well with certain colours, etc.) and on some the lighting has just been awful (really dark on one side and bright on the other). Also the skintones just seem to come to life on dolls with faceups. :)

Thanks!

11. I think that both the (new and old) tanning and also pinky white are all gorgeous colors.

12. I just received my Narae in tanning. I love the color. It is like the Seeley porcelain bisque color called "French Bisque". It is like a blank palette and done up, it is so lovely. I would say it is like a flesh color, but darker than my Soulkids "normal" and much deeper than the Unoa white color. I just blushed my new Narae and it came out stunning. I did order another Narae yesterday and ordered an open eye in pinky white. I want a variety of dolls and colors. When I can get another one, I would like a Narin in golden beige. I think all the colors are great doll colors.

13. I'm torn between pinky white and tanning- I liked the old tanning, but this new tanning, from pictures I've seen, can look either very beautiful or very... ugg.D= Pinky white I adore, but Im not sure I want something that pale first. (I know I'll be ordering more xD) My problem with the new tan is that it looks kind of.. gray?

Any opinions on this?

14. Try looking here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165907&page=497

Someone posted a picture of their dolls in Golden beige, new tan and old tan.

15. I have seen the new Tan in person and I can tell you for certain they are not grey. They are a very nice cool color. I have an old tan and they are not in any way the same color. Old tan is more like new Golden Beige. The new Tan is a very lovely color. Maybe some people's photographs have appeared grey but the color is not grey to the eye.

16. Oh, well... if you're sure. ^w^ Thanks for the help.

17. Thank you so much for the link laurman2000!

That has certainly helped settle the skin tone question for me. Old tan would have been great, but the new tan is a touch too dark so Golden Beige it will (eventually) be! And it's really stunning too. :)

Thanks a million!

18. Any tan in the French resin is my favourite :)