1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narin Dragonfly/Heartbreak closed mouth boys- Discussion

Dec 20, 2006

1. Both are beautiful ... I havnt even got my first Narae yet (#27!!) and already am planning my next one. I look forward to see the diferent interpretations of the faces

2. aw. i can just see it. two people that are so used to expressing themselves in front of huge audiences, but in the private realm they are totally awkward.

oh my! i want your narin to be here now just so i can watch!

3. Thanks Catrina. I'm beside myself with excitement. I feel like I've been waiting for my order to go in forever. Well, I started the layaway in October so it really hasn't been forever but it sure feels like it. :lol:

I also agree with you that it does take time to see a mold. The more I look at these two the more I like them and then I start to doubt my decision but Classic Narin had captured my heart so long ago I feel like I should go with him. I think. *_*

4. oh no, I adore them both! :love I thought, definitely there'd be one that would appear to me more for this particular character, Icarus, and probably at this point I think he would be a tanning Dragonfly, with a shock of red hair falling in his face and a really haunted look... *dreamy sigh* *discreetly wipes drool from chin* :drool But Heartbreak / Emo (d'aww! :aheartbea) is basically everything I like in a doll: sadface! realism! makes me wanna give 'em a big hug and dress 'em in cute little pajama pants and sweaters and feed them imaginary mugs of cocoa! He is sooo cute and it makes me want to make him my wooblet, even though my August will always be my #1 cuddly baby boy. (and he could be pinky-white... and then I would have 3/4 skintones represented... )

In short - yaylove! :aheartbea

(Edit: okay, now I have a whole storyline planned out incorporating both of them, where they're twin brothers but one dies and follows his brother around as a ghost, that would be Mr. Heartbreak... *slaps self* I'm not supposed to be thinking this far ahead about more dolls...)

5. Dragonfly doesn't look like I had imagined. I had hoped for a more smiley version like Narae Butterfly. But Narin Heartbreak really is quite unique. He looks wonderful.

Thanks so much for posting these pics, Dollyholic :)

6. The new boys are yummy! I cant take my eyes of the Heartbreak boy he is truly beautiful...Cant wait to see owners pics of the new boys!

7. cherryghost that story sounds fantastic. i know you're not supposed to be thinking so far ahead but i want to know more!

8. Velcro, congrats on ordering one of the heads :aheartbea
      I feel so guilty . . . I really think the Dragonfly head would suit my Lucien so much better than the face he has now . . . but do I have the heart to replace it? >_< I need to see owner pics first so someone hurry up and order Dragonfly!
      And I already know a Heartbreak boy will have to come home with me sometime next year :aheartbea

9. tuvie: ludo will definitely be sporting both faces to reflect both sides of his personality.

i can see you using lucy's current face to represent him in his younger teens and the dragonfly face to represent him in his maturity. use his current face for flashbacks and whatnot, no? it's what i was initially thinking to do for ludo, but then when i saw the dragonfly face i realized it's much too stern for him, and ludo, though emotional, isn't very vain or stern. (although he is a ham. can one be a ham and not vain?)

just fanning the fire for you, my dear. ;)

10. Cherryghost --what a vivid imagination!

This is going to be tough. I just might have to wait it out to see what people do with the faceups. Oh--then one has to also decide on the skin tone......

Decisions decisions!

11. Urgh. YES. That's exactly what I was thinking- I actually have a few separate stories for Lucy- one when he is a teen, one when he has a mid-20s appearance, and as an old man. Don't think I'll be casting the old man in resin, but mid-20s Lucy is the one I'm most attached to, and his current face just came out looking more teenager-ish. Ok so now it's justified :sweat Maybe I'll be able to order it with my Narae . . .
      I still can't wait to see these babies with wigs though . . . I was able to muddle through the Korean Narin site enough to find more pictures of Narae butterfly so maybe there will be more of these guys there, too, eventually?

12. a couple fast photoshop jobs that very simply show how versatile narin heartbreak is:

[​IMG]
      sad

[​IMG]
      stern (doesn't he just look like he's judging your very existence?)

pretty awesome if you ask me.

13. Heartbreak reminds me a bit of Hound or Huske the way the corners of his mouth turn down. I thought I might be getting one of them to replace Ulva's current face, but it turns out I am very happy with her just how she is ~ so she might have to get a friend instead.

14. Ulva'a amazing...please post more pics of her!

15. I like both heads very much, and am considering the Dragonfly head seriously.... I really wish we could see pics of these heads with eyes that don't fill the eyehole with the iris of the eye. I find it very distracting... I'm looking forward to owner's pics. And of course hair and clothing makes a difference, but I'm betting that both these heads are going to be very interesting, when painted by different artists! Isn't it wonderful, that Narindolls is giving us so many options!

16. Haha Velcrotrainer! I laughed when you mentioned he was "judging your very existence". :D But it's true, he looks very "holier than thou" with those eyebrows. I am looking forward to seeing some owner pictures soon with different styles, etc. :)

And you might have to wait a while before I get a Narin if you want to see them together! Too little money, and too many bills... :P

17. Why must you tempt me so? Waily, waily, waily! So gorgeous! I must have a Narin of many faces... *shakes her emty piggybank hopefully, sighs* ...and I will as soon as I've saved up for him that is... *sniffles*
      Question though... You have to buy an entire head, yes? You can't just buy the faceplate part? Wouldn't that be better? Maybe it's just me, but I for one think it's unnecessery to have a lot of backheads lying around if you just have on doll...

18. Oh Steph it's wonderful and awful all at the same time. Too many choices too few dollars. :(

19. Hi Catrina:

I sent you an e-mail regarding my Narin doll order that came today....

The shipping was REALLY FAST!! WOW!!!

Anyway, if you can get back to me regarding the head that would be GREAT!!

Thanks,
      Steph C.

20. I love the dragonfly head...very masculine. Narin may have to be my next boy....lmao.