1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Natalia Loseva Dolls Discussion

May 20, 2016

1. Yes, probably this is the thinking. However, as you say, they are two, different markets. Perhaps it is the thought that, if other people customise them, it takes away some of the specialness of the dolls for those who buy full sets. I don't know. I don't buy full sets and I don't buy to collect, so I don't know what the thinking would be behind those who do.

2. to me its almost impossible not change the dolls outfit or the face up since it will fade, plus the fact that its not porcelain and the resin gets yellow with time, may not be so fast but one day it will turn yellow. idk i have to agree that these fashion dolls is getting too expensive but i can say that is hard too see dolls with the same quality.

3. Good time of the day, everybody!
      [​IMG]

4. $3,500 is a heck of a lot of money, even though you can tell that the creator puts her whole heart into these dolls!

I have been intently studying all her photos and find it interesting that the doll construction is actually pretty simple - single joints in the elbows (flattened inner elbow to allow bending of the arm), no mobility thigh joint, and no ankle joints.

I love how natural their faces and bodies are. Their features are very Russian (which is lovely) and their torsos/hips, hands, and feet are beautiful. I don't know if she uses different bodies for different full sets, but to my mind in some of the pictures the doll's head looks a tiny bit too large proportionally speaking (or perhaps aesthetically speaking, since in real people head size varies widely), but it just gives the doll a youthful appearance.

If she ever does decide to sell blank dolls for a price more similar to the Popovy dolls, I would want to know!

Edited to add: I found this blog post which includes a diagram showing how her dolls are strung. It's interesting!
      Natalia Loseva dolls: I'm glad you could drop by!

5. Yes, I would also like to know. I haven't been able to fork out the money that Popovy are asking, as much as like them, but these would probably tip me over the edge if they went up around the $800 mark.

6. I hope one day the situation will change... and for now I would like to congratulate all women with upcoming Women's Day!
      [​IMG]

7. Walking with my girl...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. The beautiful Mila, so pretty in pink :)
      I love her knitted jacket.She looks cosy and warm.

9. What a lovely doll! :XD:

10. Wonderful thread with beautiful photos of Natalia Loseva's dolls. I am really looking forward to seeing her new works. And if I'm lucky, perhaps I can take a lovely girl by Natalia home in the future. :eusa_pray Really love how realistic they are - so human-like. I like how they are full-set - because this how I usually purchase all of my dolls, and I love the artistry of the outfits and make-up.

11. And it looks as though our nagging has finally paid off. Natalia is preparing to sell blank dolls. As the rules here specify that you can't discuss a doll until it is in production (I think. No idea. I lose track), I am mentioning this as a general piece of news. If you are on Facebook, have a look at her page.

12. MadamMauMau, I must be looking in the wrong place, I couldn't see anything about blank dolls, only a photo of a sculpt she is working on. Have you been in contact with her?

13. Have a read of the comments underneath...

I have been nagging her for a LONG time about possibly selling a blank line, for customisers. She has, to date, always said no. However, when I raised it again under this post, she replies "Have it your way, then". And she is happy for me to share this news.

No date as yet, but she talks about the end of the year for more info on this project.

#54 MadamMauMau, Jul 22, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    14. Ah yes, now I see it, the comments did not load for me the first time! What an exciting venture.
      I think blank dolls may be expensive as the resin is high quality, but well worth the expense!

15. They don't need to be. Other artists in that neck of the wood (Russia and Ukraine) can sell resin for a reasonable price. aGatti dolls are $450 (I think), although Triffony dolls are quite a bit more. Depends on what the artist wants to charge, I suppose.

Well, I can't tell you how excited I am! I don't use the term "grail doll" lightly, but this is exactly that.

16. Well, I don't think we should count on "good" price. In any case the price depends both on the brand and the edition limits. Тime will tell. at least 7-8 months to wait :)

17. I have waited a couple of years already. Another seven to eight months will fly by!

18. this doll will be yours! it's nice to know that she changed her mind.

19. Belledoll - what happened there...?