1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Neo-Angelregion iMda doll - Discussion Thread

Mar 31, 2010

1. Thank you @eva_h! She does have a very sad expression. The sewing machine was a prop from the meetup location! ^^

2. Aw, she's very sweet.

I finally gave my Sophia a face. Now to make her some clothes!
      [​IMG]

3. @pixidance, She is adorable! She looks a bit worried. Maybe she's wondering how much you will show when she doesn't have clothes. I like the green eye, but I frequently favor green eyes!

4. @pixidance Thank you! ^^ And your Sophia is adorable~ I love her lips :D What eye size is your girl wearing?

5. Thank you :D

I believe these are 18mm

I made her an outfit yesterday. She now has bloomers, socks, a dress and a pinafore.

[​IMG]ldoll by pixidance, on Flickr

6. Wow such a lovely picture! :D Those ruby red slippers are gorgeous, too. Beautiful outfit!

7. Oh she is so pretty!
      I m recently thinking of Imda 5.2

Can anyone advise me how their body size compare to other dolls?
      Like what doll size clothes does 5.2 wear?

Many thanks!

8. I love how imdas have a sad look on them
      It adds in an artistic feel to them

9. O
      Oh I m as regretted!
      I saw Sara was for up last yr
      I didn't like that they don't offer makeup option and so have not ordered her

I just realized that it seems 5.2 only release once a year and with a different sculpt! I hope the next sculpt is sth I like! @_@

10. Hey all! Just a heads up; it seems like iMda will be selling all their 5.2 models from June 8th to 21st. I'm not sure about this, I was just browsing the site today and spotted the "YC (your choice)" option popped up on the main page. Anyone thinking of getting one of the girls? :3

11. Anyone have one what do you think of the 5.2 body? from what I see they created on body the first one and it was not very good at sitting up without falling back? or standing? and they never improved the body is that correct for the later dolls sold?
      It would be very cool to have a your choice if they have all past molds! looks like five types including Sara. The body puts me off a bit. Also can the 5.2 wear normal SD clothing? I would like a doll that can at least sit up ? No Laureen.

12. @TreeLore the 5.2 body is shaky and unstable. It doesn't stand very well, nor does it sit very well. My girl cannot sit up straight without falling back or forward, and standing is just as stressful although she does stand with a lot of patience and fiddling with the knee/hips joints extensively. Although the body is quite beautiful it was very poorly engineered. I thought of restringing her more tightly but that's a whole other story.
      Nonetheless, I don't think it would be possible to hybrid the iMda girls with any other body because they are extremely unique/the proportions are hard to match with any other BJD maker. Although I'm sure some people have been successful (I spotted a Doll Chateau hybrid on flickr).

The 5.2s are a really unique size as well, right in between SD and MSD! :lol: Finding shoes for my girl was difficult but not impossible; and for clothing, I ended up custom making her entire outfit because I was too nervous to order anything online. These dolls are definitely a challenge meant for the crafty/courageous collector! But they are a joy to own.

Any other owner's opinions?

13. I've never restrung my 5.2 Monika and she stands and sits very well--no falling over for my girl at any rate. She is single-jointed though, so you'll in no way have the same range of motion as with some other dolls. But I find her to be unique and great for those not looking for a lot of posing. More pics of her are in my Flickr folder of her if you want to see more.

14. Thanks for the heads-up @Dayme!
      I have sort of decided to stay away from anything larger than MSD but it's interesting to see that they're doing a "Your choice" release. I wonder if they need to do this to get a large enough volume on the order.

Anyway: With my self-imposed MSD max limit I am very excited about my incoming 4.3. I know at least one person received hers; did anybody else? I don't have my shipping notice yet. Would love to see some photos :-D

15. @marci12 Wow is your Monika really able to sit? I wonder what happened to mine... Did you get her straight from iMda or secondhand? Mine was secondhand and I keep thinking maybe she's way more loose than she's suppose to... Maybe I should try to restring her when I get the chance.

@eva_h Oh did you get the 4.3 Manon? How exciting! I am so late to the party in knowing that iMda made an MSD. But I'm not sure people can post their MSD photos on here; would probably have to make a new MSD thread in the mini doll discussion forum. Probably doesn't exist yet.

16. Hi, no, I ordered Monika directly from iMda. She's not loose at all, and yep, sits and stands just fine. I only use a stand because I prefer it for all my dolls if they aren't sitting/laying for safety :). Yeah...you may want to try restringing yours then.

17. Thanks @Dayme and @nancy_schroeder_ca ! I forgot this is the large dolls section.

@Dayme: Best of luck with the restringing, I hope it will have the desired effect!

18. The return 5.2s have been release for sale!

Also, I really don't remember. If your order is "Before Shipping" is that any indication it's close to shipping, or does that just mean any time before it's shipped? And, if you did layaway, do they still start preparing the doll when you make the first payment, or only after all payments are completed? Thanks!

19. "Before Shipping" simply means the order is fully paid. It's best to assume they start making your doll when it is fully paid. They order resin in batches, so sometimes they already have the resin in-stock or on-order and then it's quicker