1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Never ever sold a doll?

May 22, 2010

1. I have never sold a doll. I'm on my sixth and I've been in the hobby for three years. I'm very attached to my dolls, and they each have a character and a backstory. It'd be like selling a bit of myself. I considered, for a while, selling my Fox, but I didn't do it. I'm glad that I didn't because I definitely would have regretted it. They are all here to stay!

2. Who here has never sold a doll?

>> Me <<

What are your reasons?

I don't live at home and don't have quick access to my things. When I finally move back, I think I'll clear out some of the stuff I've accumulated, doll included.

Would you ever consider it?

Oh yes...
      One of my dolls was a impulse purchase. I still berate myself for it. I don't ever play with her, and now that I have her, I realize I don't like the size at all.

3. Who here has never sold a doll?
      Me, not yet.

What are your reasons?
      I don't have a need to sell a doll. I like all of my dolls even though I don't give all of them the same amount of attention.

Yes. As of late, I have been considering it because I feel like I have too many dolls. I wanted a small collection. I also have a problem child doll that is a little fiddly to dress. And I'm not as inspired by him as some of my others. I know I'd regret letting him go without at least putting in due diligence at re-styling him. His sculpt has been discontinued too. That said; I don't have a need to sell him. I have space and not in need extra funds. I only consider it because there might be someone else out there that might give him more attention than me.

4. Who here has never sold a doll?
      I haven't sold my dolls. Now I have 6 dolls at home and 3 are coming soon.

What are your reasons?
      1.) It's only a year after I owned my first doll.
      2.) I'm a kind of people who don't sell their collection.
      3.) I'm quite satisfied with every doll I decided to buy. So I can't let them go away.

No, for dolls. But for bodies and extra parts I may do because some of them don't suit my doll well, so I may consider to sell them off and get new body for them.

5. I've never sold a doll. I only own 2 (my third is going to arrive tomorrow).

What are your reasons?

A few different reasons.
      1. I have an irrational fear of mailing things. (Seriously. I don't even get it.)
      2. I don't feel like I have to have a constantly changing collection. I always enjoy my dolls even if I don't 'play' with them for months at a time. They are displayed in my room and I enjoy their company so I don't see them as a waste of money.
      3. I am very passive about spending money. Occasionally I'll get buyers remorse but I never return/sell anything. I don't know, that's just how I am. Money spent is already gone and I'm doing fine without it so why try to get it back?
      4. Emotional attachment. Pretty self-explanatory, I see my dolls as mine. I couldn't imagine them being owned by somebody else.

Sure, I would consider it. I'm sure there will be a time in my life where I need the money and I think "if I could just sell that one doll..." Will I ever do it? Highly unlikely.

6. I have never sold a doll. The main reason is because of bonding. When I look for a doll, I make sure that doll is THE ONE, which I will bond/have bonded with strongly. I cannot imagine ever selling one; they are too precious to me. It is safe to say I will never consider selling one.