1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Never sold a doll??

Jul 27, 2007

?
  1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Yes, I have sold dolls before. I think once you sell the first one, it gets much easier.

I find that selling a doll I'm not interested in keeping is a great experiance. It actually taught me a lot about myself. Even though I always feel a little regret right after selling, that regret has always been erased by relief. :)

2. I never have--they are to personal and special to me. There would have to be some awfull disaster before I sold any of my guys. This might partly be due to the fact that I seem to bond easily with the dolls that I choose.

3. I've sold one and another is pending, and it was hard to do at first, but when I thought about it those two just really weren't getting the attention they deserve, and they could go to much better homes.
      I'd rather have a small group of dolls that I really love as opposed to a lot of dolls that I'm not all that infatuated with :)

4. I've sold porcelain dolls before, and a American Girl doll. It was kind of hard because of all the memories that were attached to them, but in the end I didn't regret it. Seeing as I don't even have my BJD yet, I haven't sold one of those. However, I'll probably sell the head that's coming with my doll, as I really don't need/want it.

5. I've only sold a sleeping head that I had no real connection with. I know it would be hard for me to sell any of my boys, because I have a bond with each one of them. I'm also really into their characters as well, so yes... it would be terribly hard for me. It kind of makes me angry to think that someone else would have my doll. :sweat Silly, I know.

6. I sold one before. it is hard to do it but better to send if the doll is not getting any attention.

7. I've sold non-BJDs, and I always find it a little difficult 'cause I'm a sentimental fool! LOL! :lol: But, I'm happy to see dolls that didn't fit into my collection anymore, or that I have a dupicate of, go to another collector that will really enjoy them. As for BJDs, the only one that is a question in my mind at the moment is the FCS coming in September, ordered on impulse during NYC Dolpa 2. But I have the feeling that once I see him, he'll be staying, especially since I've already given him a name. ;) I'm thankful for those that are comfortable with selling dolls though, or I wouldn't have the majority of my BJDs! :lol:

Oh, and I have bought a BJD (Volks Jun) in order to resell it at original cost to another DoA member in the UK who couldn't buy her from Haute Doll. And I put in for Masha during NYC Dolpa for a friend too, but as for selling a BJD from my collection, no I haven't.

Juli DC 8)

8. I'm still under a year as an enthusiast (October is comming up though). So far I haven't sold anyone. Doesn't mean I won't and I have thought about it regarding one of my boys. But so far everyone's worked themselves out in the family and I adore each and everyone.

It makes me nervious how many have agreed on how tough your first doll sale is. I guess you can't eliminate the posibility. Whether it's a matter of bonding or outgrowing a doll, it's a fact of life.

9. I sold 1 tiny, she was just too small for me and not getting the attention she deserved. Now she has a great new home and I was able to buy a slightly bigger doll that I really wanted.

10. i think i would only ever sell a doll if it was a matter of life an death. like i had to sell because my car was being repossessed or someone in the family got sick(though canada has free health care so...) i mean, before now i had only ever cut my hair once in second grade and now i'm in university. i get attached to things very quickly so i'd probably be upset if i had to sell any dolls XD

11. I used to say that I would NEVER sell one of my BJD. But after 2 years I ended up selling one ^^"

I like boys much more than girls. I bought 2 dolls by impulse in the past, one of those was a girl. After 2 years I realised I didn´t liked her as much as the boys. I always said that, and I tried to sell her a few times but never made it. In the end I always thought I was betraying her and that I would miss her a lot.

This month I finaly sold her. It was wonderfull^^ She went to sombody that is crazy about her and will give her the attention I never gave. I don´t miss her neither feel guilty. And with the money I will buy a doll that I wil like much more than I liked her.

I think I just bought the wrong doll for me. It wouldn´t be fair with neither of us if I stayed with her.

12. I never have and I don't see it in fereseeable future, which doesn't mean it's completely impossible.

13. i´ll get my first one now...
      and i don´t think about selling it...
      BUT i´m thinking of getting 5 dolls and stoping there,so they MUST be my FIVE SPECIAL ONES...if in the future if buy one that doesn´t actually fit me as i thought,i would sell it to buy the real one.
      And that one could be the one for someone^^

14. I have sold one, but it was because the mold was wrong for the character - so the character remained the same (same wig and eyes and personality), only her face changed.

15. I wish I could sell my BJDs, but each time I think of it " if you want that new one, better to sell one of the others, you will have too much BJDs, that would be more reasonable", I feel totally incapable of it. I already sold a very few of my vinyl dolls, but not the BJDs.

16. I don't intend to ever sell any of my dolls... if I end up with some major financial emergency I may have to, but it would be very very difficult. =(

17. I haven't sold a doll (owner of BJDs for 3 years).

I did sell a head, but it was a Luts gift head and I never intended on keeping him.

These dolls are big investments of time and money and emotion for me, so I try hard not to get carried away and get on I think I won't keep.

But I'm not against selling, if for one reason or others the matter comes up. I just haven't wanted to sell any of mine so far...

18. I sold my first doll, and I always felt pretty guilty about it, even though I didn't really bond with her at all. But... ^.^; My new doll is pretty much identical to her, so... I guess that's how it worked out.

19. No...and I hope not. D: I love my kids so muchies! I would feel terrible if I ever sell one.. TwT

20. Unfortunatly I had to sell my very first bjd because I realized that she just wasn't working for the character. I tried to make her a different one but that wasn't working either. So I sold her to my bff. :) I'm also trying to sell my BC Pepe now because I'm just not bonding with her.