1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Never sold a doll??

Jul 27, 2007

?
  1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I haven't sold any yet, once I aquire them, they just stay.

2. I voted "no", though technically I sold my Wishel, pretty much within hours of receiving it. -_-;; It just wasn't to be. The wee thing never had a name, character, or personality and didn't stay in my possession for more than 24 hours so I'm loathe to count it.

The rest of my kids are here to stay, which......well, explains my current census. They're all somebodies to me now, and have such a convoluted set of relationships with both my and my friends' dolls that I couldn't think of selling any of them. Closest I came was upgrading the body of my Sharmin girl.

3. I sold a head once.. other than that, no. :3

4. No, I have never sold one of my dolls and I hope to have the good fortune never to have to sell one. :)

5. I could never sell either of my BJD's, but then I've been able to bond with them instantly which is good.

6. Only heads. My wife and I have a no-sell policy for dolls, since all of ours have a personality waiting for them when they get here. I don't know...maybe we just are more picky about getting just the right ones the first time? We wouldn't even consider getting a different doll for a character. As for selling in an emergency...no, but we have other options of things to sell in that case, so the dolls are secure.

If there was a doll that ended up just sitting in a box in the closet, we might consider it, but that's really unlikely.

7. I've sold several dolls and don't regret it in the slightest. I bought what was easiest and have since changed to dolls I really want. I don't think there's any right or wrong to whether you keep or sell a doll, it's up to the individual. It would probably have been cheaper to have kept my original dolls but I would never have been able to afford the ones I currently own that I adore.

8. I never sold one and I think that it's going to be so dificult to me if a need to do it in the future, when I buy a doll I really love it and even it's only a head without eyes or wig, I love it anyway =P

9. I havent sold a doll..have given one away, but i dont think that counts since I bought that doll with the intention of giving it away (and I kept her in the box so I wouldn't bond with her!)

10. I haven't. I only have one so far and plan to have a very small number of dolls. Too much planning goes into buying a doll for me, so I won't have to have second thoughts and sell one in the future.

11. Sold 60 dolls plus heads that i haven't count... I have sold them in the years (2) of course, cause I have never had 60 dolls in my home in the same time! (the idea is out of sanity ^^) ... actually I am goint to sell another one, so 61...
      I like to experiment new molds and new dolls but there are not many molds that I like to hold for long (the 20 dolls I have now are almost the molds I love much), so I have no regret in sold them when I am aiming at new dolls...

12. Never sold a doll. I'm quite picky when choosing them and I quickly became fond of things I buy (not only dolls :) ) so it would be hard for me to sell them XD

13. While vinyls leave home on a regular basis, the resins are harder to part with. I traded one & currently have 3 who are looking for new homes but I've got to get pics posted of them. I had a couple that I though I'd sell but they ended up staying after I gave them enhancements.

14. Well, I've sold a head before ^^;;;

15. I don't think I could ever sell one of my dolls. I spend so much time with them, and I've saved for so long for some that I'd feel like I wasted a bunch of time saving for something I didn't want.

16. I never have and never will. I tent to get rather too attatched to my things, I've never been able to part with anything really, my plushies espcially.... And that's probably why my room looks the way it does...

17. I've never sold an actual BJD...a spare head, yes, but otherwise, no. ^^' I couldn't, really.

18. I sold a body I didn't like and traded a head for one that I love to pieces. I have some heads I got as gifts (Dream Dollfie heads) that I'm planning on selling but I don't really consider them mine as they were gifts when I got my Dream Dollfie body. So I voted no.

Whenever someone posts a thread like this I look at my dolls and try and imagine who I'd sell if I had to sell someone and I just can't do it. :sweat Some of them get less active play than the others but I love each and every one of them too much to ever let them go. :aheartbea

19. Nope.
      I never make any dollie impulse-buys since I have to save up slowly for each one I get...so I make sure the doll in question is one I definitely want for that character.
      The only one I'm re-thinking is my Yder head, who was kind of an impulse buy as it was the only one available at the time that was 'close enough' to the look I was going for that it would do until a better one came along. I've now found that better one, and the character is shifting onto that head...but I'm keeping the Yder head to play with. I may sell it if I don't get attached to its new look, though....

...and like many others have said, I couldn't sell anyone. I'd sell my TV, my game systems, all my DVDs, and so on, before I'd part with any one of them. Those are all things. My dolls are family. :whee:

20. I sold some BJD when I moved to the US from Japan. I felt guilty, but it was better for my dolls to find the new owners who would love them more than me, otherwise, I had to leave them in the box at my parents home in Japan.