1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Never sold a doll??

Jul 27, 2007

?
  1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I haven't sold a single bjd, and I've bought quite a few. Sometimes I think I ought to sell a few, and then I ask, would Name go, or Name2, or how about Name3?

I've sold hundreds of cloth dolls (see avatar)--I believe at least one is owned by another member of this board--and I have to trick myself--I don't name them, and tell myself that only their Real Person will name them.

Ann in CT
      and probably too many dolls

2. I haven't sold yet, but I will in the future. I don't think my nameless SS-El head will ever have a body; and I feel bad just keeping him stuffed an a drawer.

If anyone's interested in him, PM me ;)

3. I never have. I don't imagine I ever could. I get too attached to things. I even get sad when friends of mine sell dolls. Whenever I find myself less satisfied with a doll than I used to be, I just get a new faceup for it. It's /almost/ like getting a new doll. ^_^

I have a problem with selling things in general though. I can't seem to part with clothes for them either. Eyes and wigs are the only things I've been able to see myself getting rid of. Comes from being sentimental I guess. XD

4. I had hoped to never sell a complete doll but I have. In March I bought my very first mini doll, he lived with me for a few months and I never felt right about him. I developed a character for him that interested me, but he still didn't fit. Perhaps minis aren't right for me.

I'm about to sell a body I got a couple of weeks ago, but it's just a body. Since it doesn't work with the head I intended it for, I certainly don't feel attached to it.

5. Never have, I have a few in the cue for sending out as gifts, but ones intended for me have stayed with me.

6. I wish there was an option for "sort of"...

See, I've never sold any of my dolls. But through a weird set of circumstances, we ended up with two of two dolls (it was either that or end up with none, I did say it was weird!), and I sold the extra of each.

But I never considered those dolls as mine - they just made a stop here on their way to new homes. All the dolls I've ever bought for me are still here and I have no plans to change that.

Marcia.

7. No, i've never sold a doll. Nor do I think I can, because then my parents would get UBER mad at me :[

8. I sold my first doll (and my first Nevan), a DollZone Shoyu, and now she is a Yewon, and Shoyu now is a black-haired girl named Arisu ^^

9. I think Ringo would cry if i sold any of his "siblings." I almost sold one...but he stuck around and proved he could stick it out. I try and try and try till i find something i really love a mold before i even consider selling. I enjoy adopting the unwanted kids...and makeing them feel loved...even if they are just dolls...It makes me feel happy to give something unconditional love...be it even a resin doll! :)

10. i try to sell my chiwoo and sleep chiwoo before , but finally i haven't

11. No, but I'm having one FS/FT at the moment. I'm quite sad that it had to come to this point, but I simply can't seem to bond right with her... :'( I thought it would be hard to put up the thread, but at the moment the most frustrating part is that no one's interested in her at all... T__T I know I suck at making face-up's and I'm currently practising... but that no one even gives a little friendly bump or so... T__T sigh... I hate to sound as if I'm feeling sorry for myself XP

12. I sold one doll, I just couldn't bond with her and I think it was because of her size. I now know that 60 cm and above are perfect for me and I don't think I'll ever sell a doll again.. but you never know what happens I guess ^^;;

13. Nope. I bond too easily. Even the dolls I bought saying "I can sell these later, so it's okay to buy them now..." I can't sell them! I fall in love when a doll falls into my hands, and they will stay with me frever!

14. For now I only have one (my first) and I've had him..a week :daisy An now I couldn't imagine selling him! D=

Onthe way is a girl and i think Im going to love her, I think I bond easy XD =] well lets see....Im new at this there might be some sold in the future who knows.

15. I bought a doll on impulse (Elf Chiwoo) and ended up selling him because Luts released MNF Elf Shushu (who happened to be perfect for one of my characters). Im sad that I sold him now but at the same time elf Chiwoo just wasnt the same as the regular Chiwoo. I prefer the larger nose reg Chiwoo has. But at the same time I miss him..I think I had started to bond lol.

16. I haven't sold a full doll before and I'm not likely to. I have however sold a doll head. My El 'special' came with the dreaming head and the regular head. I sold the regular head because the dreaming head was the reason I ordered the 'special' version. I had no use for the regular El head.

And I'm in the middle of selling a Heath head I bought a while ago because I bought a fullset Heath recently. I do not need two of him.

But yeah. I've sold heads, but never full dolls.

17. I've sold a doll before. It was relativley easy, I just didn't like him. I don't get too sentimental about objects, but i'm more careful about choosing dolls now, becuase selling usally means taking at least a small loss.

18. I buy to keep, as I can get pretty emotionally attached to objects. So no, never sold a doll.

19. Nope, never. I'm waaaay too careful in my doll-buying decisions. It took me MONTHS just to decide on my first! :sweat

20. no I just got my first doll, I would never give him up (hugs Darrius) maybe in the future if I start collecting a lot more ABJD'S.