1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Never sold a doll??

Jul 27, 2007

?
  1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I'm in the process of selling my first BJD that I ever purchased at the moment. I feel a slight bit of regret, but I think I'm wiser for it. I fell in love with him when I saw him on the site. However, once I got him home I tried and tried but that special connection never formed. The best thing that's come of it, is I know he's going to a really good home and some sage advice. When you order a doll, make sure you're really in love with him/her. Sometimes - like in real life a relationship/attachment doesn't form. No matter how badly you want it.

2. Nope, I'm a "black hole" doll owner. ^_^

3. no I did not, but for gettig a dream dolly, I think I can sacrifice some O____o

4. I haven't yet, but I'm new to BJD's and only recently got my first doll. Though I can see myself selling a doll in the future. If I can't bond with my doll or if the sculpt isn't what I expected, I might want to find a better home for the doll. But only after putting a certain effort into bonding with the doll first.

5. I don't believe in hanging onto dolls I don't adore completely, especially when selling them means I can get other things I want/need for the dolls I love or even another doll that I may love more. While it's sad to be so excited for a doll and then end up not liking it or eventually out growing it - there's always another home out there for the doll - and other dolls waiting for you.
      Im hoping from here out I sell less dolls since I've tried most sizes of BJD and various styles and have learned my tastes alot better. Sometimes you shock yourself when you realized what you really prefer!

6. I couldn't if I tried, I can't even sell a floating head, I get way too personal about even them, once mine, always mine, they belong forever. I even realize they are toys, but they are my toys.

7. It sort of creeps me out to sell a doll I spent to much on. I don't get why companies won't let you return them, too.

To me: if I'm gonna buy a $300 doll, I better find something to do for it. Even if they didn't look how I'd imagined, I'd still strive to make it a part of my doll family. So, yeah; maybe the doll I planned to fit a character looks too different, but there has to be some way to make it part of the story.

If someone held a gun to my head, then maybe I would. I'd be too invested in a doll that I wouldn't want to sell.

8. This. I haven't sold any dolls yet and I don't think I will. They're here to stay!

9. I hate selling bjds, maybe because they seem to have such personality, and I get attached (or feel like I should have become attached). Looking so lifelike, they're very easy to personify, which is the reason I like them so much. Still, I've sold 2 so far, with the last not even shipped yet, though she's boxed and ready for the post to open. I just wasn't feeling a connection with her, and her character wasn't integrating like I thought she would.

The other was a 60 cm boy intended to be an original character of mine, Carthage. He looked really great all done up, too, but 2 feet of resin doll was too much for me to work with; it seems minis and tinies are best for me. I wound up removing the mods I'd done on him and altering his wig, and dressing him in something his character would never wear before sending him off. I really would have been sad to have packed him up looking like my Carthage. Still kinda miss him, but that doll has an awesome new home, and I intend to bring the character back as a mini eventually.

10. I have sold one and now I will put on sale a head. At first I thought it would never sell a doll, but now I know I am sorry that is sometimes the best thing you can do.

11. I haven't sold one...yet. I seem to get too attached to each one. But I may have to at some point, I guess, if I cannot bond.

12. If I get a doll and I'm not 100% happy with it them I sell it. I've sold sold six dolls because I found a doll that fit them better. And now I'm happy with the crew that I have. Now, it's a matter of not buying more dolls, and I already have three on my list ;-;

13. I have sold a doll.
      My first doll came with an event head, and I did buy it a body, but I never liked it very much.
      I basically ignored it for three years before I had to sell it in order for my husband to allow me to buy a new one. I don't regret selling it at all, and I hope her new owner appreciates her more than I did.

14. I never have, only because I only just started collecting a couple years ago and only have one (Just ordered a second). I don't know if I'd ever be able to sell a doll, though. Dolls are like my pets, I sit for hours in the petstore just observing the type of animal I wish to buy. I watch for their personality over their physical appearance(although cuteness adds brownie points). Same with dolls. I stare for ages, day after day, until I pick the perfect doll that calls out to me. I'm attatched to them, so they would be hard to sell.

15. I never sold one of them.
      Maybe because I always searching for a special kind of doll. One who is made for the character I want.

16. I have thought about selling one of my dolls, but I never actually went through with it. I mean, I fell in love with this doll once, who is to say I wont again?

17. Good lord, have I! I've sold 19 dolls (well, 18 dolls and 1 head. Check my profile, I have a list of them all! I've sold all shapes, colours, and companies.). I currently own 8 dolls, have 2 more on the way. And chances are, someone of those might leave eventually too! I don't get ultra attached to them so it's not odd to me to cycle them out.

I feel like it's worth saying I've never HAD to sell a doll for money to make ends meet, I just get...well, bored of them. So I sell one and replace it with a different one. Sometimes I get project dolls and once they've worn out their welcome, I say goodbye to them too. I would hate it if I HAD to sell a doll but I feel fortunate I've never had to.

18. I'm not sure if my vote actually counts. I voted yes but actually I have sold a body body and in a separate sale I sold the girl head that was keeping the boy body company. They were both by the same company, I got them both secondhand, but I wanted a girl body for the head and a different head for the boy body. Since my doll plans got thrown off by other wants, I ended up selling them both. I suppose together they count as one doll though. It was more difficult to let go of the girl head because it's a doll I want. But there was no use letting her lay around and yellow while I ventured in different doll directions.

19. I have sold many dolls over the years. However, in the case of BJD, I don't think I will. This type of doll, for me, takes a long time to choose. I have been looking at them for at least 3 years. Not until this year have I found some that I absolutely adore. At the time I finally do decide on a particular BJD - I know I will bond with her or him and will want them to be in my BJD family forever.

20. At first I didnt think I would ever sell one, but then I realized I didnt like super realistic dolls, like Iplehouse, I love looking at some of the beautiful pictures but I personally dont play with them. The ones I get the most enjoment out of are more stylized like Luts. With one I decided I would rather have in a different colour