1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Never sold a doll??

Jul 27, 2007

?
  1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Not quite yet, but I am aiming for my market place access so that I can get the other pieces since my current doll has two different types in it

2. I don't think I will ever sell any of my dolls. I have a spare body (domuya 70cm) that I need to sell, but it's taken me forever to even get around to that!!

3. I' ve never sold one although I keep toying with the idea of selling my IH Tatiana. I don't really want to but there are lots of LE dolls I've fallen for and I need to fund them, I figured I could always buy basic Tatiana again later. I was always furiously posessive of my Barbies when little but I'm even worse now! "No! LET GO!! MINE!!" :lol:

4. Unless unless unlessssssss! My financial is really that poor to the extent that I don't have any extra cents for treating illness or to eat,I won't even think of selling any of my boys-.-||
      Even if he's the least favourite one among all...
      My boys were gifts from my family-_-....In any case,I won't even bear to throw away the box just because it's a gift from someone,even if that's just a candy wrapper.The thoughts counts.So I will never do it :/

5. So far I can never bring myself to sell any of my dolls yet (maybe because there's still no reason to) but if I really need to then I probably would. There's more to life than dolls though I'd feel a tiny bit of guilt...hahaha

6. Well, I'm in the process of selling one right now but before him I would have never! If I really need to I can do it but they do having a selling pecking order (don't tell them :P ). Hakon would definitely be the last to go. It would be hard but if I had to, I had to.

7. My partner and I have never sold any of our BJDs, and we've been collecting them for five years. One of our girls has traded up a body twice to get her final one, but that's all. Everybody seems to get along just fine. ^_^

8. I never have. I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell one of my own... and if I had to because of circumstances... well it would be a sad sad day. (TωT)

9. I have never sold a doll and have never thought about this... I love them!
      I only sold a extra head ^^

10. Well I currently only have two (a third will be here in a few days :D ), but I wouldn't sell any of them and have no intention of selling any in the future. I usually think very carefully about a doll before I buy it so that I won't have second thoughts when it actually arrives.

11. Nope. Though I have sold two floating heads I had purchased for face-up practice. I don't think that counts though. :lol:

12. ha ha ha ha i seem to be a minority here, i've sold 2 head and 6 full dolls. i had bonding issues with all of them and have a really specific goal for my doll collection so there's bound to be a few casualties AND i'm getting ready to sell another! i guess everyone's different ^^

13. I've never sold a doll. Never even given one away to a friend or relative. I don't know why. I just can't do it. (:

Merci

14. Although I considered it a few months ago due to money issues and even put out verbal feelers to locals who might be interested in specific dolls, at this time I've still not sold a doll.

They're too dear to me, even those who don't get much camera, cuddle or play time.

15. I've sold a number of heads... and I'm not sure if they count as 'dolls' without their bodies. ^^; Barring that, I've only ever sold two full dolls, and both times it was to facilitate the upgrade of an existing doll to fit their character better. It's not something I do lightly, but I have also learned to never say never.

16. I never have sold a doll. It's really hard for me to even imagine selling any of my babies. ;w;
      I'd rather just have millions! XD Haha

17. I never thought I would but I did recently buy my only 16cm and two spare heads I had ^^

I am also selling/sold some bodies but right now I do not think I would sell those I have, I may change a head or a body but I would not be able to sell a whole doll xP

18. I don't think I'd be able to part with any of my resin kids anytime soon.
      Though, I HAVE donated all my old Barbie dolls to little girls at the orphanage my grand-aunt (my grandma's sister) runs. She's a nun, and every time my grandma is in town, she picks up BAGS AND BAGS of old toys and clothes that are still in nice condition for the little girls. The thought of a little girl whose life has been so rough to find some comfort in my old Barbie made it totally worth it for me!

19. I'm really surprised that so many have never sold a doll. I thought the majority would have. I would if I needed the money, definitely.

20. At first all BJD's were too expensive for me, but I wanted to have a doll, so I bought a very cheap one second hand. But than realized what I really want and began to save for the one I choose, not the one that was available to me that time. So I sold that cheap girl to buy another.
      Another time was when I needed money gravely to pay for my University...
      Ones more was because of the terrible dream I had (about that doll). That's silly, i don't usually have such superstitions, but I just couldn't have it anymore.