1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Bidding Website! Dollfie Bid! [NEW UPDATE!!]

Jan 14, 2005

1. This is a great idea! I have quite a few items I hope to list soon. Just waiting for my job to stop taking me out of town. Thanks so much for setting it up. However I am a little concerned about the name, isn't 'Dollfie' a copyrighted/registered name with Volks? Just wondering.
      -Am

2. Hey! I know the script you're using! I use it meself~

I actually thought about doing this same sort of thing, but ended up not.... HAHAHA.

3. I like the auction site :lol:

4. News on SSL

I got in contact with my webhost today asking about SSLs for Dollfie Bid (name to be changed) and this is what they replied with:

I'm going to put up a donate button so I can get this going for us. Like he said, when I move my server over to the new IP it will be down for a day. All auctions might be negated, I'm not sure. This is what I have to do to get to SSL status of a secure site :)

5. Oy, that's expensive. :| I'll definately donate as much as I can ... it won't be much since I'm unemployed atm, but I'd like to help out as much as possible!

6. Wow! Great! This is such an awesome idea! ^^! *super hyuge hug to jOO*

7. awesome! I signed up.. Had to lie about my age.. lol.. Mum said it was okay though. This rocks! You have to make this a sticky in the marketplace! I'm definately planning to start posting here rather then eBay. Wow, this is really an AWESOME idea.

8. I signed up too!

I hope to put some things up this weekend! ^_^

9. Yeah the age thing is rather silly. Just lie about your age XD;;; I don't know how to change that. I think it is like, set into the program or something to prevent legal issues.

10. I love it. Its a wonderful idea.

11. I sign in too!! That's very cool Ryuchi and a great addition to this forum^^ Sometime fixed or asked price are not written in the markeplace so in your website that's clear! I will list 1/6 items too and probably the first item of my spring/summer collection for BJD!! An exclusive sale through your website!
      Count on me to talk about your website Ball Jointed Bids on the other doll boards I know ^^ :daisy

sincerely,

Julie
      French Couture Designs
      http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flowerb
      (yeppee I will be able to make an update soon : my provider refrain us to update since 17, january :(( ) for their conveniences...)

New and soon on your screen my bjd dedicated website:
      http://theelevenelves.voila.fr

12. Have been trying to access the dollfiebid site but get many error messages.. Must be down or server problems.

Anyone else having problems?
      Gloria :daisy

13. Yeah, a lot of "too many connections" errors...

= \

I hope everything's alright. :?

14. Yeah, not working for me, either. "Too many conections"
      ...At least it means people have been looking.

15. I REALLY like the no listing fee, but...
      I think it would be a good idea to ask for something little if the item actually sells, like... 2.5% of the final price up to a max of $2 or something, just to make sure that the people making money off the site actually contribute to its upkeep. Otherwise you're going to have SEVERE bandwidth issues - or rather, you ARE going to have sever bandwidth issues if this goes through, and you'll need the means to fix them, ne?
      And it would also provide the means to get the site secure, which I think would attract more people.

Oh! Ohoh, why not have a "sponsors" page? A page with names or website links for general sponsors, and a page with personal shops that have donated and their specialty, like advertising to the shop. ^___^

I'll totally keep this site in mind when I start doing specialty wigs... ^_~

16. The thing is I can't charge people fees with this program until I update it I believe. I did however put up a Donation page in the News section :) And making a contribution page sounds really cool! I can update it all in the News area ^__^;

And yes, apparently I've gotten a lot of visitor flow! O_O It shut it down for awhile, I'm incredibly sorry ^^;; I still do not have enough money to buy more bandwidth, so please if you can, don't flood the site with excessive visits for now ;__; I don't want it to die again <3

17. I agree with Zoi about charging people... If you have the ability to track auctions automatically, you could figure out a small % and send ppl paypal invoices whenever... that way you'll still get money, and you don't have to worry about getting the server secure until you're ready :) this is an awesome idea :) I really hope it takes off :D

18. I'd like to thank everyone who has donated thus far! We are coming close to being able to update and improve things for Ball Jointed Bids :) But first I have a question:

Which is of higher importance:

More Bandwidth and Upload Space?

or

Security Certificate being Installed?

Which ever people decide for, is the one that I'll aim to get done first :)

19. Yes please. :3 There's enough private information there that I'd feel better if it was on a security thingy. n.n