1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New "Blind" Mini Heads at Leeke: Ange, Alvin and Judy! and now Lana!

Jun 25, 2008

1. But they're both immature aren't they?

I wouldn't see a big difference or worth the problems if they are both similar body shape:sweat

2. the Leeke body is quite pricey though. Also, they don't have a boy body yet. I think Alvin would make an adorable boy on a KD body.

3. Does Luts sell thier Kid Delf bodies separately? I always thought you had to buy the whole doll.

4. toydogz4: Yeah, luts has them listed but they just say sold out.

I like the leeke joints, but my honey delf has excellent joints. Kid delf joints are exactly the same as well, and the kid delf girl seems to have a slightly larger chest than the leeke body. (the leeke body's chest is completely flat, really.) It's just my opinion.

But also, if luts real skin matches leeke's, then you'd have an easier time looking up resin matches. If another company's resin matches luts real skin, it should match leeke's too, right?

5. You'll definitely want to get someone to check that for you,
      I've asked around on the BJD-Opedia, and all over a few different threads on if the resin matches.

I see a few people flipping the 60cm boy heads with other bodies in the large doll thread,
      So perhaps there is a match if they use the same resin on both msd size & the boys.
      But I don't know for sure,

If you find out I would love to know,
      I really want a more mature body for my mabel.

6. At the next doll meetup I go to I'll try comparing my doll's resin with other people's. I really would love a minifee, souldoll double jointed body, or a lati blue body for my doll.

7. Really?!? I will have to consider that. . .

8. I just thought of something.
      Peakswood has msds, and they sell their large bust chest seperate for their msds. It's not a whole lot bigger than Leeke's but not completely flat. If their resins match, I think it'd work? I dunno if any other companies have the same option.

9. That would be an interesting idea to try,
      Wouldn't you also have to make sure the necks work properly, etc?

I hope someone can try this.

10. **
      I asked on their Q&A,
      The reply said along the lines that- yes they are making a new one which is 'very different' from the current Leeke-M bodies.

But no ETA on release, etc. However I did ask if they'd release it within a half a year to a year, and they didnt seem to deny it... meh.

Speculation and he-says-she-says so far really.

11. the alvin head would totally fit a character I am wanting for a doll. but the fact that I'd be paying for a random head bugs me cause that's the only one I'd want :/

12. why doesn't someone organize a group order? this way you have a better chance of getting the head you all want. plus you'll save on shipping.

13. Since Leeke said if you talk to them prior and buy 3 heads, they will give you one of each - so like sspearls said it would be a good idea for 3 people who want different heads to get together.

Also commenting back on my reply about the bodies:
      I think, afterwards, that it would be a wee strange for all the very childish faces to be on a mature body,
      However, they also might mean double jointed.
      I'd really like to see both, although I heard their bodies already pose nicely.

14. hmmm I think Judy can be a very sweet teenager. the other two are baby faced, especially Ange.

15. I think a few of the leeke heads would be fine on a more mature body. I'm pretty sure mabel'd be okay. I think judy and lana would as well. Probly not the other too tho. Alvin looks like a yosd head to me. ^^; (altho she's very cute, I like her best after mabel.)

Nyalee: The body's already double jointed, aside from the knees. So I doubt they'd be making a double jointed version. And my doll poses really well, especially sitting. (But she's not great at standing, that's the only problem.) Another reason i proposed the peakswood thing.
      Also, peakswood says their body's neck is 7cms around. I measured my girl and her's is also about 7cms around. I'd be more concerned about the middle joint working.

16. At last I found this topic, I'm really interested in one of the blind project's head, although ange is the one I like most I couldn't if one of the other two come, they are really nice, but I like a cheaper body, because I'm new to BJD I'd like to know if one of you can tell if a chinese company doll would fit these heads, or are they resins too different?

17. If I ran a group order for white skin heads, would there be any interest? I'm wanting a white skinned Alvin and as I have no luck with these things, would definitely be sent the head I like least.

18. Kim I might be interested as I only would want an Ange.

19. I would join a group order I NEED Ange, would want ns however.

20. Myself, I need white. No reason not to do a GO with six heads. Are those better than one?