1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Chinese Piracy

Mar 10, 2009

1. How terrible!

It's crazy how they're so straight forward with it...

2. contact the mods about it anyway, so that they can add dolls from this company to the ban list. There are other dolls on the list because they were re-casts/copies of dolls from established companies. If they're on the list, it draws more attention to the fact that what they are doing is unacceptable to newbies in the hobby who start off here on DoA, which helps them to try and avoid copies as much as one can by only being able to use photos on the secondary market, and to avoid companies that blatantly sell copies.

3. How nice of them to so openly admit to such shameful acts. Have they no sense of pride?

4. ·__· I can´t believe they have the nerve to state this that openly.

5. Or common sense for that matter? These dolls would definitely sell like hotcakes since people know they're [possibly low quality] fakes.

6. And they plan on buying from the Japan website and make copies?? And then sell them to the public?? Good grief and I thought counterfeit money was hard to copy, this is just wrong:evil:

7. Do they list an email on their site? Screencap it and send it to Soom. They don't seem too bright, and they may have used the same email to buy Glot and Glati!

8. There is something there about Luts as well, and it mentions about all the Luts dolls too, this is very very alarming!

9. I do hope this is just someone being silly and attempting to wind up the community...it seems to blazen! If it is genuine then I worry about the second hand market of MD's- I suggest if anyone is planning on ever selling their dolls that they keep their emails from Soom as well as their COA's and that way you can prove yours is genuine.

I think there are some funny laws in China about piracy so I don't know what Soom can do. Hopefully as Sonja said- their email will be traceable by Soom.

Such a shame that people still think it is okay to do this sort of thing...

10. In the original post, it says that they had purchased Glot & Glati through someone in Japan....
      It is probably likely that they have purchased it through a proxy.
      However, I will try to find their e-mail and post it to soom

11. did i also see DOD black luke and black ducan on the list ? lets face it if those 2 guys start showing up on the market place and galleries its obvious they are fakes are there are only 1 of each in the world. Id give my right arm for the black ducan but only for the real thing!

12. I'm glad we found out ahead of time though. Wouldn't it be awful if people had already bought them??? Soom needs to be notified immediately.

13. Sadly, this is not the only company that wants to make money from copying dolls.
      豪社 is anotherone that sells mainly on Taobao
      They will produce copies of anything if they get more than 6 orders for the particular doll
      Copied Luts Dion
      Copied Unoa Lusis

Judging from their thread, the DoD black Luke and black Ducan appears to be the suggestion of a potential customer for possible target in copying.
      He has also suggested Chiron from Souldoll

14. The real danger here is them making copies and selling them as individuals (on eBay, etc), not admitting they were copies. It's too easy to say, "Oh, I decided my ______ just isn't right for me, so I have to sell him/her." And if can be hard to tell, from auction photos, if a doll is a copy. Even if the resin quality is horrible (and there's no way yet to know if it will be, or if it'll just be sub-par), that's not always something that can be seen in a photograph.

15. They've opened a voting forum for any potential buyers to vote which knock offs they would like to see. Because they plan on a larger scale production, once they get numerous votes for one type, they'll put them out in quantities.

So Soom will not be the only victims.

Unfortunately, other than being a smart (and moral) buyer, there is nothing much we can do. We can sign a petition to stop them from trying to sell outside of their own country, but I'm afraid China is way out of anyone's jurisdiction and as long as they plan to market within their own borders, there is little anyone can do.

16. the chinese policy has alwas been: low cost, low quality and too much sells...

17. OMFG I remember this company!! I saw them a while ago with the Lusis. :x

18. Hate to say this but "Always have been, always will be"

19. They've got a list going. Though there's not much yet, it does say the next thing up on their production line is Luts's El.

These are simply recasts -no mods or anything! If someone does buy them and bring them onto DOA, how could anyone tell if they're knock offs? OTL

20. They have no shame.. And I'm a Chinese furthermore. Urgh. >.< From Asia too. Sigh. But sadly, piracy in China had become so common.. There's nothing much we could do, unless the government actually do something about it. Urgh.