1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Chinese Piracy

Mar 10, 2009

1. I bought my school A on the secondary market from a reputable dealer on DOA and although she said she had the plate she never sent it, so I don't have it, but I know the head is a real School A.

2. cicidia, School Heads don't have plates, but they do have space for them on the headcap :)

Volks have other markings in their heads to show that they're legitimate products besides the gold plate, there should be a little 'V' symbol with little lines beside it etched into the resin? That's one of Volks' product marks :)

3. LOL! You're right, and that's quite a good turn of phrase there. Goodness knows we need more polite criminals. ;) (I get your point tho').

Again, I see your point. I wasn't trying to say they shouldn't get upset about it, I get riled about little stuff, too, and it all adds up - or rather, it all takes away slowly, little by little, from the world. :(I have known people who get upset, though, about more petty injustices, and in doing so, choose to ignore the really awful stuff because it's just so ugly. Self imposed ignorance. :|That's the sort of thing that I just don't get.

Thanks for the chuckle. :lol:Sometimes these discussions get way too serious.

4. Or someone who does NOT know... like newbie to dolls, seeing them offered on Ebay as a "second hand" doll...

5. Haha, well well..This is one hell of a thread revival. I don't know what to say about this. To those who purchase goods being uninformed and not thorough enough, I say shame on you in the first place. Know your stuff kiddos. You deserve it. Real world works that way. You didn't know and got duped and lost all that money for a fake. It's pretty much common sense looking at pricings and the TYPE of people who sell/purchase these things.

To those truly interested in owning a knockoff, maybe the option of a real one just isn't possible, but I can't respect you.

Each of the remaining people here can actively try to protect, not only themselves, but the forums and people in the hobby. Correct newbies, post announcements just like these. Knowledge is the best defense.

Honestly, I'm not surprised this has happened. Recasting is a relatively easy process for someone who already owns the equipment in a factory. And bjd are big bucks, even fake ones. Hell, if I were a worse person it'd be easy even with my novice's training in sculpture to recast dolls and sell them like originals with good quality resin. There wouldn't be many flaws either.

Yeah, so what if I'm chinese, so what if there are good chinese companies out there. In China, the only real thing for sure is your mother. And we're moving towards days where that can be fake too. So be wary.

6. Its a shame that people stoop so low to copy others art, it has been done before in the doll world, just look at the porcelane doll market!
      They say to copy somone is the higest form of flattery, But I think not when they are making money from others talents!