1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Chinese Piracy

Mar 10, 2009

1. Kool_cat23: I am not sure if you are using a translator, but some of your translation is strange.

The forum was established for this "group of people" - I would not call it a company since we do not know for sure; to get a feel of what the market wants.

The Subtitle is for them to offer bjds at very reasonable price

There is a thread for people to pose their requests - which is where some had asked about El, Soom, Souldoll etc.

One of the poster asked if they can knock off any doll - to which they replied as long as they can get their hands on that doll - the problem right now (for them) is to obtain the doll.

In regards to Soom MD, they did say that they really wanted to knock these MD, but all MD are sold out. Thus at this time, they have only gotten their hands on the new MD thru people in Japan. And asked people to expect these to be offered later.

In another thread, they did posted that they will be releasing their first "dolls".

"a LE girl doll 1/3 size from a certain Japanese maker - selling at XX88RMB
      a LE 1/3 boy doll from a certain Korean Maker- selling at X88RMB"

Now I think these prices are way too good even for knock off. I do not get the "X" part - because 88RMB cannot be the price because that is like 15USD. But if they put a digit for each X, then the girl LE from Japan can be between $200 to $1000 USD.... And the boy LE is like $26 to $200.000

Either way, we will see in a few weeks what they actually release.

Many people already posted expressing interest in buying from them. This is very unfortunate. I hope they will not stay in "business" for long

2. I think dreambjd.5d6d.com is being served from Hebei province in China. Wikipedia says it surrounds Beijing. Probably anyone who can read Chinese could have figured that out more easily than me: ;)

I wish I could read Chinese. :(

3. Well, I think they are in Shanghai.

I read a little more on their replies to inquiries about the new "releases"

Their store on Taobao will be opened in Mid March. They said that as long as they get orders of 3-5 at a time, they will cast the doll for.

I think they are located in Shanghai, since they said they offered COD services within Shanghai city.

4. despite knowing things like this as being inevitable, it -still- makes me sad. Everytime one of this douchebag companies shows up it corrodes the specialness of this hobby, and does nothing to aid dissolving stereotypes. It conjures up images in my mind of newbies, the ones who stumble into this hobby without having been lured in by one of us, of them being so happy to have bought a doll finally only to later discover that they've been dicked around. What's worse now though is that these jerks have so much gall that they laugh in the faces of these artists, and the people who are buying from them -know-. They're just as soulless as the company.

I know I keep all -my- paperwork from buying my dolls. I can certainly prove their authenticity. Serial numbers would be nice too though. Even though Soom does time limited sales, they can still do serials and announce later how many they've made so you know rarity.

All you guys who post your dolls pics in your ljs, or blogs, or DA accounts, remember to keep in mind that lots and lots of people look at your stuff, not just other BJD owners, a little blurb here and there as to who made your doll and what it's called -does- help noobs a lot.

And on another note. I completely second St. James' comment, surely there's at least one hacker on this board. Do it for the fun of it....repeatedly.

5. Ugh.
      Can't believe the blantant disrespect for the artists! :vein
      Translated this myself.
      =========
      呵呵,我们也非常喜欢soom家的12星座
      那些正在努力获得原型中

那么,顺便广告下~由于我社成立的比较晚可以会对大家喜欢的孩子有所疏漏
      但是soom新一年的限定,已经在我们的计划之中了
      3月15日截止的bb我们已经有人从日本进行购买了
      那么请耐心等待我们的成品出现~
      谢谢您对萌人形的支持
      我们会尽力普及更多的低价bjd~

We like Soom's horoscope dolls alot too *laugh*
      Now in process of obtaining the originals of these dolls

Here's a short advertisement~
      Since our groups establishment is quiet late, we're not that familiar with everyone's favorite dolls (in other words, what mold are the most popular)
      But Soom's 2009 limiteds are already in our plan
      We have someone to purchase the 3/15 limited Mini babies (refering to Glot & Glati) from Japan
      Please be patient and wait for our final product to arrive~
      Thanks for your support of Meng Ren Xing (or Japanese pronounce would be Moe Ningyo)
      We will do our best to provide low price bjd~

=======================================

St. James
      I guess it's time to start requesting pedigrees and proof of direct purchase from the company whenever one is buying a doll from the secondhand market.

+1
      Totally man. *sigh*

Btw does anybody have member access to the Chinese bjd forum Dollsky? Should alert the mods there of this situation asap =A=

ETA: Ah, anavel beat me to it XD

6. I hate to say it, but I'm echoing what a previous poster said... If you have to buy secondhand, it's probably best not to buy from sellers in China. And I know it sucks for the legit people there, but what else can we do? If nobody buys from there, there's less of a chance of the knockoffs entering the rest of the market. (not saying it'll stop it completely, but.....)

That's all I can think of, anyway....

7. OK, you must be right. That seems like stronger evidence than where their webserver is colocated.

I always imagined this kind of "business" would set up shop in some remote mountain village far from the law, not a huge city like Beijing or Shanghai!

8. This reminds of me when I saw the chinese version of the Wii. Some company over there copied the appearance exactly.....but the system didn't read disks, it was pre programmed with 4 knock off games. It was called, the Vii.

9. Well in China, there is not regards or respect for Copyright laws. So they do not have to hide. It makes sense to me for them to be in big cities since that is where business are. I hardly think anyone who live some remote mountain village actually know what BJD are .

10. Echoing Sailorstarsun who echoed others

I'd like to weigh in as part of the Chinese doll scene that 99% of the people and boards are exactly like their western counterparts, value company dolls. However, some people are not so honest, and the buying these dolls is a giant stretch for the average persons income. Unfortunately they seem to be leaning on this market.

But don't be completely turned off from buying from Chinese Sellers. The best thing you can do is when buying from Taobao, or more likely ebay from a Chinese seller whose feedback is not too high I would recommend requesting company papers.

11. For all the doll lovers in China(who really love dolls and the makers, and care about where are they from , not only their "beautiful "and "cheap"),it's a so bad and sad new. How to say ? even we don't want to buy any of these copy dolls , we can't stop this things .
      I think a doll is not only made by factory , you must take care of him(her), love him as real , dress him ,then you can feel his (her)character ...ect .

Some only care about the price . If they're cheap enough ,they don't care other things .
      But, not all Chinese do this .
      so I feel the same angry and sad to see this thing as you .
      Just say that "Chinese don't care about this "is unfair .

Taobao is a free market that anyone can buy or sell goods there .
      It's only rude is the good must be sent after paid and it must be the same as what you wrote .
      So it's very difficult to stop selling that there . The only way is do NOT buy .And be very careful to buy second hand dolls .
      But I think the resin is also different ,.it can't be as good as the original one ,because of the price .

To bpanda
      Sky had know this . Today I saw a thread about this in sky and also a link of Doa's thread . It's too terrible !

12. This is in no way an Mod statement but a personal POV:

People have differing opinions on this. Volks chose not to pursue an international lawsuit against Dollzone but they haven't released another SD16 boy since then and perhaps have replaced it with the SD17. Hard to say what happened. Could be a coincidence, could be related. If they release another SD16 boy I think their stance will be more understood.

A company not being banned doesn't make them 100% innocent. Dollmore isn't banned either even though there is that whole issue with their 70cm Model boys and Dollshe. Some areas are gray.

I wander off topic, please forgive!

13. Ok, now my knowledge about these companies doing this is VERY limited...and i looked at the Luisis. My question is this...if one of these fakes turns up on Ebay, in someone's hands for sale, how, from the pics are we going to be able to tell the difference. I HAVE a unoa, and the quality (from the pics) looks identicle to mine :( I don't want to buy a doll, only to find out that it ws a fake,and i spent hundreds of dollars to someone who gave me something like this :( This is enough to make me stop buying dolls altogether.

Now, i'm fearful that i'll buy a doll off of ebay, or (God forbid) DOA, only to discover i was robbed of my hard-earned money, and recieved a cheap knock-off. :(

As an artist, this breaks my heart. How can anyone with any amount of conscience do this???

14. Oh GOD!!!!!!!
      It's terrible!!!!!!

As a Chinese, I feel so sad and shame. I can't say anything. T_T

15. Can anyone with a good eye see any differences to look for? I mean can anyone make side-by side shots of the real vs. the fakes? maybe we could see somethings to look for, to help us avoid getting scammed. I mean i hate to say it, but i'm fearful of not only the companies, but people who GET scammed, then realize they have a fake, and then try to pass it off to someone else, before they lose their money....u know? :(

16. wow, i didn't even think about the making you sick part - the would be awful!!

17. Well if it's on ebay, wouldn't the lowered price set off alarm bells? But then if it's from someone who unknowingly holds a fake you could be charged full price for a knock-off.

This just makes me a little ill, considering the pictures of the already copied dolls and the fact they've got targets, it looks like they're serious about what they're offering. I don't like the fact there are people posting suggestions on their board that are solidifying their decision to make the knock-offs.

18. Yes, but what happens when some poor new-to-the-hobby individual sees the doll, runs and grabs their credit card, and pays for it, only to realize that it's a fake later....they have two choices...be honest, and keep the doll (or throw it away, or whatever) or try to sell it to some other unknowing person, to try to get their money back :(

THIS is what i'm fearful of. Getting it through second hand. I buy alot of dolls second hand, and it's looking like i'm going to have to just start buying from the company only :( That's a shame, because i love giving dolls new homes :( There is something special about a previously loved doll, that you don't get with a new doll.

I mean i know me, and if i got robbed, then i'd try to get my money back. If that failed, i just couldn't bring myself to sell the doll to someone else, to make it their problem and not mine. I guess i'd just put the dang thing in a closet somewhere, and do aesthetic experiments on it LOL

19. I feel sorry and shameful. It cost a lot of time and talent to make a BJD. They just copy other company's dolls openly. It is kind of theft.

Any people or company should publicize the pics of the original clay sculpting before they sell the doll publicly.

20. As an artist who is RIDICULOUSLY BROKE (had to move back in with mom, how embarrassing) and RIDICUOLOUSLY in love with Soom . . . I would NEVER buy those. Buying knock-offs and knowing it is a slap in the face to the artist's who worked so very hard on the originals!

It makes me sick that somebody would be so awful.