1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Doll Alexis Rose Discussion

May 15, 2011

1. Oh no! That sounds very painful indeed! Hope you feel better soon, and yes, health comes before dolls! :D

2. Well, I've paid my shipping fee so hopefully Alexis Rose will be arriving early next week. I can't wait.

3. I had to snap a few pictures before she left yesterday LOL - I hope you like her little "welcome home" package ;) Due to the Ash-cloud saga the first dolls to the USA is still in transit which is a bit of a bother but I'm hopefull she'll arrive before I leave on Friday!!

4. Ooh! Ooh! :D Can't wait until she's home! :dance

5. oops scratch that - they'll be delivered on Wednesday - Mark the Postie left the paperwork behind so they were only sent out from Gympie today instead of Saturday.... one more day girls..... The first UK doll arrived today - not sure if the owner is on DoA or not but its a WS and the US one is out for delivery today which is exciting - hopefully another DoAer *praying*

6. Hello,
      Has anyone recieved their Alexis Rose doll yet ? If you have can you post some pictures? Thanks Lisa

7. [​IMG]
      TaDaaah~ by ~bandersnatch, on Flickr

I picked up my girl a few days ago, but I haven't had much of a chance to take any good photos of her yet. :sweat I just put up some photos of her on my flickr, if anyone wanted to see.

I have tried on a few different MSD clothes on her. She seems to fit most normal/chubby MSD clothes okay (not brilliant, but I'm very picky about my dolls clothing). If buying clothing, I'd look for anything tailored for a large bust Unoa. Depending on the fabric, some things maybe a bit tight in the chest/hips. Most things from Dollmore fit her okay, but it might be better to err on the stretchy side to be safe. The JID Skirt I put her in fitted very nicely, so pants could probably fit her too - can't say for certain as I don't own any, (and they might be a bit long, she has very short legs!) I even managed to get her into a pair of Minifee Pants! xD
      Her feet are very close in size to Minifee feet. So Volks & KidDelf shoes are a bit too big for her.

I want to get a big comparison with her and a whole bunch of MSD girls, I might try to do that on the weekend. :3nodding:

8. ...Wow. The wings aren't even made of resin then? I had my doubts, since the wings on the doll looked plastic because of the edges. I don't even know what to say.

9. I thought they looked familiar; one of my friends is currently building that model kit. At least cite the source if you're going to use parts that someone else made.

10. Garage kits are usually made of resin. So it's actually easy to take any garage kit part an place it into a doll. You wouldn't need even to make re-cast since material is same already.

11. In a hobby this size and with the number of bootlegged recasts being sold its easy to assume the worst.

Correct references to the original sculptor of the wings is on both my website and facebook page - I've added links here in-case you hadn't seen them, the information on the Ebony Alexis was at the bottom of the page until the 4th of September when I moved it to the top of the page for easier reference.... In hindsight putting Katsuhiro's name on the listing page probably would have been a smart thing to do so there was no mistaking the origin or the intent of the description :)

The wings are modified from the original resin castings and are not recast.

12. And they are lovely, although they arrived in a slightly broken state, it's a clean break and can be repaired, which is a relief. ;)

Basically, I adore her! Anyone who knows me about the group knows I'm a serious fan of black resin, so I definitely jumped on-board, and she has arrived--my own fault with the delay, as I'm betwixt and between still with my move to Washington state! :sweat But she's well-worth the wait, although I'm still waiting on some possible clothes for her. Big-breasted Unoa clothes; check! :D

As for the girl herself, she's standing a little bit away looking sassy, she is well-built as a doll and quite charming! I think she's going to be at-home, I just need to expand her wardrobe, and I hope to snap a couple of pics once I'm back from NYC. Thank-you so much whitewings!

.hlp

13. Thanks for your kind words Heidi :) I'm thrilled the Ebony one went to such a good home!! Looking forward to some of your photos!