1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Doll "Tank" by "Dust of DollS"

Mar 22, 2010

1. i was the same way but she has grown on me quickly. if i can afford her i would love to have her.

2. Stunning girls, so unusual and beautiful! I guess, I'm in love... Definitely would like to invite the girl to my home))
      Thank you, Lywann & Nyo, for them! :daisy

3. I don't like the bowed legs, but the faces are unique

4. *speaks to doll*

je t'aime , Tank , ma cherie.

5. I think the legs are like hyperextended dancers' legs, pretty from the front not so much from the side....
      I like their quirkiness

6. I really love her--she's stylized in such an interesting way. I love her little belly and relatively small eyes. And she's a cool size. $950 is way too much for me, though. She may be work it in terms of work-hours--she's obviously a labor of love--but I just don't have that kind of budget.

She really makes me feel inspired to try sculpting my own doll. Maybe because I couldn't make a perfect-looking Soom-type doll, but I could possibly make something different and stylized, like Tank.

7. Perhaps Dust of Dolls will be able to find a manufacturer for Tank and the price will come down.

8. Oh, I do hope they find a manufacturer, I'd love to buy her! But that price, ooow. > -<

9. I love her too, her hands and her nose of course <33
      Oh and for the price, $950 was the total price for a big fullset (makeup+manucure+blush+eyes+handmade clothes+shoes+wig...) !! It's not the price for a nude doll n w n

10. She's gorgeously sculpted, I would be interested in a blank doll, the price is too steep right now.

11. I love her face and yes, agree on the I-robot look but the bow-legs put me off her a little. I'd be tempted to try and straighten them in hot water. I'm sure it's deliberate, but it looks more like a sculpting flaw to me. She may have gone on ebay for $950 but those prices are more usual for a one-off rather than a basic doll even one in limited release. I guess it depends on what they're planning for her. If they're wanting those prices and planning to sell her for a huge amount, I'd tend to ask why they're posting on DoA as a new company. Wrong forum for one-off style artist dolls.

12. I absolutely adore her legs and lips and the overall stylized-ness of her, she's so quirky and unique! If I can afford her when she comes out, I'll definitely try to get one. :D

13. I have the chance to get one. And I can tell you that she is even more amazing in person. It is really a wonderful doll !!

14. That makes me feel better that the price was for a fullset with all the fixings. Hopefully they sell basic dolls so we can get her. She reminds me of a tree. Maybe if I get one I will call her Ent...wasn't that the trees in lord of the rings called?

15. Well, thanks a lot for that much of answers!

I have some things to say, sorry for my poor english I'm really doing my best.

First of all, Tank legs are made to be curved. It's impossible to change their shape in hot water, even the holes for the elastics are curved, so if you try to twist them, they'll certainly broke. Sorry for those who're embarassed with this... Our doll is voluntarily different, we're aware of this.

Second of all, the 950$ price we were talking about on one PM, was for a fullset made with one of our french friend who sew doll clothes, she made a special and OOAK outfit for this doll, so she was an OOAK fullset of Tank, and more of that we were not the ones who decided the price of the outfit!!
      More, we were talking of this kind of price for the next fullset we want to sell on ebay. Why? Because it's the only one fullset we sell, so it's the only we can reffers about. We didn't say at all that this will be the price of the next ones. We simply don't know :)

As I said before, we're still checking how to be regular in french law with the selling of those dolls. It will probably takes some days, again. As far as we will know how much it will cost us to cast one, we will be able to give a price for the blank ones ^^
      And we'll still be doing our casts by ourselves, so they will be 'artisanal dolls' whatever happens.

I hope to have answer all of your asks about this ^^

Thank you again for your interest!!!

16. Lywann thanks for the post. Your English is good. I wish that I could speak or write French as well as you write English. So you will be selling basic dolls? I might be able to afford one then. I like her legs btw:)

17. I'm in love..... I'm really broke too, so its going to take me awhile to save up the funds (especially if they can only do fullsets) but i've already started the fund...

what is amazing is that she really looks a lot like my best friend growing up - since I haven't seen my friend for ahem, many,many years, my memories are stylized - and in my memory she had legs just like Tank....

congratulations on such a wonderful, unique and personable sculpt!

18. oops - duplicate post. sorry about that!

19. i saw Tank in the Dollstown Making gallery...... i was hooked on her then....... i did a "search" to find out anything i could about her, and that led me to DeviantArt, and Flicker....... i was assuming that she was a one off, for the artist only....... so, knowing she will be available is exciting news...... i love her face, her body shape, the way her belly pops, and her bowed legs..... she is totally unique.

20. I saw Tank originally on DeviantArt and couldn't really see where it was going, but I'm so in LOVE I love the way the leg warmers look on her legs, she looks very Indie to me with those clothes and wigs and I'm truly loving it XD

Please please let me afford her, I really want to see the OOAK outfit :3

And are those option heads I see? (winking, closed eyes, etc.)