1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New FCS Molds at Sato Discussion Thread

Mar 6, 2007

1. You're a chii fan too aren't you, lol. I was hoping the same

2. Yes, unfortunately it is. :( Usually if Volks releases new FCS heads, they are automatically Sato-only. Unless they are the same heads as any new standard dolls, then they are generally available everywhere. :)

But don't worry. Sometimes Volks turns a few Sato-only heads into normally available heads, so maybe F-18 will become more widely available soon! :chibi

It would be such a lovely treat if they offered Sato-only heads at the NY Dolpa! :D

3. yep chii !!

4. I LOVE F-34. *_* That's the mold that switched me from "I dunno...I want an FCS but maybe I just ought to get a standard Kun because it will be a whole lot easier and I kinda like her too..." to "I WANT THE ONE JUST FOR ME~! :aheartbea "

5. and only me...

6. I felt exactly the same way! I wasn't really sure which head I wanted. I thought maybe I would get an F-29 elf, until I saw F34. She just calls to me! :D

7. You too? Twin! :o I was waffling between an F-29 and an F-16 girl, until I saw the F-34. She's just the right mix of bright-eyed and mature that I was looking for. Well-proportioned features, but still soft-looking and feminine, not like some of the other heads.

Hopefully by the time I have enough in the doll fund to order, there will be more pictures of her. If the three new heads were just released, that means we'll start seeing owner pictures by...um...carry the two...about late May?

8. Hee-hee! I had thought about an F16 girl, too!

I think "just the right mix of bright-eyed and mature" is the perfect description for her. I wanted a girl that looked young but not childish, mature but not adult. She's really the perfect image of what I was looking for. :love

Yes, we'll probably have to wait until May for people to get their dolls. Mine should come in by early June (hopefully, late May if they're fast!) and I can't wait to see mine and everyone elses new heads!

9. I was quoted the end of May for my F33 boy, which is disappointing as in the past Sato FCS has been quiet fast, not 2 months and change. I just hope he is done in time for the NY Dolpa.

10. I feel the exact same way. It is between F-29 and F-34....but I keep thinking....Jeez its going to be so long....I hate to wait.

11. Kim - It depends on who you're going through and when they're actually going to Sato to order. Volks' official time is 50 days to finish an FCS doll.

I think it's worth the wait to get just the doll you want! I'd also rather Volks take their time making the doll than rush and risk things turning out differently than expected. :)

12. My doll has already been ordered, and Volks told her not to expect him before the end of May. All of the dolls she has ordered at Sato in the past have only taken around a month, so we were both a bit surprised at the much longer wait.

13. I would assume its because its a new mould, they may not have any pre-cast and a lot of people must have been ordering all at once.

14. The last FCS I did from LA store took nearly 3 months.

15. From what I've heard, the LA store always takes a longer. I think they ship the dolls here by seamail. *_*

I didn't think about the new head molds taking longer that normal! I guess this means I might not get my doll until late June-early July. :(

16. :fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl:

I can't wait to see!!! I can't order mine until summer at the earliest, but I'm excited for you!

17. I will definitely spam him like mad when he arrives, he's gotta be one of the first F33's ordered and I am already in love with the sculpt. Everyone else should be too >:D

18. You know, I was looking through this Volks database and F34 looks a lot like Liz! :ablink: Is it just me or do others see it, too? :sweat

19. I'm not too surprised. A lot of FCS molds are based off of popular limited molds, such as Lucas and Chris and Cecile, or in this case Chii and Liz.

20. I went to Sato and sketched all heads...I'm sorry there were no posters...

F-32
      Sketch by me again ^^; Actual head mold.
      [​IMG]

I saw sample head at Sato and she has such under eyelashes...
      [​IMG]

F-33
      We can see these lines on eyes as his/her mold clearly.
      [​IMG]

One sample head had faceup like this...
      [​IMG]

F-34
      "A little" opened mouth.
      [​IMG]

With "18mm" eyes
      [​IMG]

MSD F-18
      [​IMG]

Sample head had eyebrow like this and cheek colour was on this point.
      Sample girl was Beauty White with Neosium eyes (16mm) & pastel pink cheek. She was very pretty!!!!!
      [​IMG]

MSD F-19

[​IMG]

Personally I felt F-33 is SUPER handsome head mold :love
      And I'm in love with MSD F-18...I start to make plan for her...