1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kid Dollmore Vora

Feb 23, 2008

1. Hehe to repeat what others have said I think the eyes are a bit too small and to me at the time they just didnt seem right.

But after a while they did grow on me and now after seeing a home pic i definatly think that with the right faceup they could look very beautiful :)

2. I dunno if anyone else thinks this, but to me, the pictures on the dollmore site really don't do the dolls justice. When I first saw her, I thought "woah..looks a little out of place". But then I saw gardenofdolls.com's ownerpics...Vora looks so cute in them!! Thanks gardenofdolls.com ^__^ I still don't think I would buy one (too many other dolls to buy...y'know how it gets >.> ) but man, just shows you should never judge a doll by it's faceup ^__^

3. I just gor finished doing the faceup on Vora. I am so in love with my Vora!!! :fangirl:I compared her head to Cecil kid Dollmore, and Vora's face & head is much smaller and wear 6-7" wigs. Body is same though. She has a very realistic face, and she's just what I've been looking for!:aheartbea
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

4. Gosh, the hands look so big compared to her head! Is the size difference as noticeable in person as it is in photos?

5. gardendolls.com: Wow she looks awesome!!!

greeniebone: I also notice that. Are kid dollmore's head smaller than other msd?

6. Hi,
      The hands are pretty big for her head, but I love her face so much, it doesn't bother me. other kid dollmore heads wear 7/8" wig, and faces are a bit smaller than other MSDs, but Vora's head & face is even smaller and wears 6/7" wig. What's funny is that in the US, I found that most celebrities have big heads and small bodies, but in Korea, the smaller the face/head the better for TV talents and movie stars...lol. Maybe that's why they made her face small.

7. Yes, that' true. Their concept of beauty is different.

OT comment:
      I like korean dramas :D

9. My goodness the first time I saw Vora I thought, "OMG! She looks the spitt'n image of my baby niece!" The only thing I'd change about the face-up default in the pic was a slightly less darker eyeliner, maybe brown black or dark brown (black is too harsh for this type of look to me). Of course I got thrown off by the older child body (my niece is about 2 years old lol) so if they had a shorter more toddler body she would've been perfect! Or if I can get my hands on just the head and find a smaller matching body I'd be set lol XD I show'd my mother telling her she wouldn't believe how much alike this doll looked to her granddaughter and she was almost giddy with the strong resemblence. I'll have to show my brother to see his opinion about the likeness to his daughter lol I may someday get her or try to get a split for the head later when I'm financially better and give it as a gift to my brother's family.

gardenofdolls.com: beautiful face-up, she even has a more different "feel" to her look that on the website, like she's a bit more mature :D You made her look more fitted to the body she's in, while the website made her look more baby-like. I'd say that her hands look technically in proportion to her, even her face, because of a rule thing I learned awhile back on something about the length of the hands can't be longer than the face or something like that in drawing, but they do look very "plump" for her proportion. So that might be why they look big.
      yea I find that a lot of times the face-up and the personality that an owner's love for the doll makes a tons of difference in the doll's looks. I've seen dolls that I really didn't like at first but then later saw a different face-up and was like floored and thought "wow! that's amazing!" Sometimes even with the same face-up, the way owners capture the personality they see in the dolls shows and brings out something new. In those cases, I believe you gotta have a real good eye for these things.

10. So you're certain she wears 6/7 wigs?? Dollmore says 7-8 wigs fit well, and the wig in the photos above looks a little small. I ordered a 7-8 wig for mine, so I sure hope it isn't huge on her!

11. I don't have Vora but I had a model doll. The webpage said that DM uses 8-9 and in reality 7-8 is what fits better on them. I think Vora will fit 7-8 but it will require use something to keep it on and avoid it to fall all the time:sweat

12. Thanks for the input! :)