1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New LE Serendipity

Jul 1, 2005

1. Dix just means 10 in french. so it probably isn't a Moi Dix Mois referance. (Moi Dix Mois is a really weird name. Gramerically, it works out to read Me Ten Month, literally.) But wow, she's AWSOME. if i had the extra cash now instead of the end of august, i'd buy her. She makes me not want a narin doll anymore. I've saved pics of her so i can maybe get an alice and re-create her faceup.

~Erin

2. Me too. I really love her look. Would love her even more without the dix and with maybe dark red lips instead of black. I had no idea Alice could be so gorgeous.

3. i really like her necklace. it frames the outfit.

4. That.... takes a lot of nerve, and makes me lose respect for the maker.

5. Yeah, same here. it HAS to be a reference to Moi Dix Mois...because that is EXACTLY how it's written on the heads of every member of the band. Now..it doesn't look much like Mana..more like Tohru or Kazuno, but let's face it....no one cares about them. So it was probably meant to be a Mana doll.

Maybe they didn't know it was a band, and just copied the makeup from a recent pic of Mana-sama?

6. Then how can they say it's not a reference if they don't know what m10m is? I agree though, it's so alike it's obviously made with the band's look. Kind of late for them to deny it now.. >>

7. She's beautiful-- congrats to those purchasing her. I thought immediately she looked like Dark Lili from Legend, and came on the forum to see if anyone else thought so. But she looks even more like Mana-- you all are right. What an amazing Alice.

8. It's a pretty distinguishable look - maybe if there wasn't the 'dix' on the forehead they'd be able to dodge the bullet a little easier (though she still looks like mana >.>!), but what's the point in denying it? :\

Maybe they should've gone all the way and made her a boy doll. XDD

9. THEN. Then I would have bought him. :D

10. I too prefer nightmare sharmin and can't see why the maker has denied that the doll is supposed to represent Mana, when it obviously does. Makes no sense to me at all, or maybe they should have been asking for permission to use the image before they released the doll? :? :oops:

11. I think someone's just trying to avoid a lawsuit. :barf

12. Ditto for me. XDD *weak fangirly fist*

13. ... i don't think it really matters if it is a moi dix mois reference (thgouh i have no idea who they are)- it's.... makeup. rofl! Plus, i don't see people going around losing respect for anime shows that change the name of popular brands of .. stuff so they don't have to pay royalties.

for whatever reason, if anything, lose respect for the person behind their makeup concept (i never really like serendipidy makeup anyways.. which is hwy i do it myself). The doll and the artist who does the makeup are normally two seperate entities.

Serendipidy will always rock to me.. and rock EVEN MORE once they release that boy sharmin they promised us in January :P

14. I agree wholeheartedly! I didn't post that snippet to make anyone upset. I just thought you'd all like to know, that's all. :)

15. Well I just sold my "normal" sharmin...needed the money :(

BUT this one would fit so much better with my Ren boy... my first Sharmin was a wee bit too "pretty" I think... I tell you it was VERY hard to let her go.

But I cant see me being able to come up with the money before these ones are sold out.. loved the Nightmare Sharmin.. but I think I like this "Boding Boding Sharmin" better!

16. they've released more boding boding alices too, 30 total! yay that means i have a chance of getting one next month. (they still have kimono and school sharmins in stock at dollmore, and those are a couple months old, so hopefully they'll still have boding alice in a month too.)

~Erin

17. sharmin, ive discovered, is a VERY versatile mold. I've repainted my girl three times and she can pull off almost any look. The original paint, a cute girl look and now my seductress with her unoa large bust torso XDD

she's slated for her fourth faceup for MISS NAMI-SWAN of one piece for Otakon XDD