1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Narae & Narin Urethane resin discussion

Apr 19, 2008

1. Supia dolls already have tanned skin.

Cathrina - I was wondering if it'd be possible to see a tanned urethane Narae next to a tanned Minisup. I'm curious to see the difference in skin tones.

2. Hi, Catrina,
      now I am totally addicted to these dolls. :)
      Could You please show pics with tanned french and tanned urethane side by side, and also the same with pinkwhite? Wonder if one could see a difference in the pics. And Catrina, do they "feel" different in Your hands?

And totally new idea, now I would be able to switch heads. My Limho Mono head on a Narae urethane girl body. And a Narae boy on Limho body. (since there are no plans for a 43cm Half Elf I assume?)

3. Oh my god, this is fantastic news. I had totally given up on the idea of getting a Narin after my french resin dolls yellowing, it put me off french resin, but this is great news, as I could get the Narin Ive thought about!

4. What luck, I just went to order another Narae to find ordering closed. I've been agonizing over the decision and was finally ready to bite the bullet! I guess I'll have to be patient.

Marianne pouting in New Jersey

5. Pricing may increase as well, if you check the News thread Catrina mentions it since so many newbies demanded 24/7 customer service instead of waiting patiently for the dolls to be made:|, but I will be happy to order another Narae or Narin in the future as well as different heads too, hope the price won't be too high:(

6. I would think it would be better to educate newbies than punish the many, many long-time collectors that haven't made such outrageous demands.

7. Don't worry it will be worth the wait.

8. ooooooooooooo
      this is interesting ...says me ...not buying ...honest ...
      May mmmmmmmm interesting
      I do like the look of the tan , she looks very natural

9. I must admit I was not too keen on this idea when Catrina mentioned it. But now I can hardly wait to see the dolls in urethane. I am seriously thinking of getting a big girl in the urethane pinky white "school girl" type. Yes, it is so good to have lots of choices. Although it makes it tough on my wallet!

10. Darkrogue- I agree 100% I have been a long time fan of Narin Doll and will support them completely, yeah it does seem like punishment:|. But I do want to see pics of these Urethane dolls with the French Resin ones too:)

11. I agree 100%...
      Look when you order something it is COMMON and NORMAL for a company to reply Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. If there is no reply within 24 hours, during these hours, I would get worried and send another email, but I am admittedly impatient and personally dont REQUIRE that kind of thing.
      Im upset that the price is increasing. I was JUST about to order (Kid you not, ordering today actually) and now I find out its STOPPING orders.... to INCREASE THE PRICE.
      After all the work I went through to order???
      All the wait hesitation and money I kept to invest in the narae doll, now I have to not only wait until MAY but pay MORE than I already set aside for this??

Isnt there a way to order?? I dont like the new urethane I like the French Resin! Just my luck!

Its kind of like... in Mexico, you pay virtually nothing compared to America, and you dont get customer service. And you dont get free repair.
      ITS WORTH IT. Because you pay less than 1/9th the price you'd pay here.
      I feel the same in this. Id rather wait for a reply than pay 20 extra dollars. Its not going to decrease shipping or production time or wait, so why not just leave it?

12. Thank you for continuing to offer the old knee joints. <333 I was a little distressed when I learned about the new ones. ^__^ And I really appreciate your upcoming changes to your customer service (though I'm really sorry it's difficult for you), with some major companies becoming seriously deficient in the customer service area, it's so awesome to see others actively working to meet their customer's demands. A big hug and thank you to Dollfair and Narindoll!! <33 And on a related note, I'm also pleased that Narin dolls will be available in urethane resin, I know many people who loved the Narin sculpts, but were afraid of the yellowing, so it's great to see other options becoming available!

Thank you so much!

13. Dear Darkrogue,
      It's really not a punishment, as we have not had any price increase in over three years, along with the US dollar diminishing against the Korean won by over ten percent. We were the only doll company holding firm with prices in 2006, when everyone raised them. There has been no increase since 2005.

With the increasing demands from people (many who have six or more email addresses, and do not check the email they used to place their original orders) I find my e-mail based customer service system is stressed. Some people email several times a day to get updates on their orders, even two days after placing it. This adds up to twenty to thirty emails a week, just from one person alone. Special requests to Korea also go through a translation service, where I actually have to pay per word translated. So if someone is asking me twenty questions and they must be posed in Korean, their requests for information alone could cost over $100.

In addition, there are people in other world time zones placing urgent calls to us at times which are in the middle of the night. So we will have to get an answering service to take these calls off hours. Just last week there was someone who called us 30 minutes before our shop opened. When she didn't receive an immediate call return from us regarding her order, she posted a complaint about us on DOA that we never returned phone calls.

I also find that many people who are used to web-based systems such as Amazon.com expect minute by minute updates on ALL their orders, with lots of tiny bits of production information coming to them. Given that I am working with a system which doesn't have updates sometimes for weeks (artist production schedules, weather delays...) this frustrates some people who don't understand how dolls are made in Asia. Although I do try to "educate newbies" I think they are also more vocal about what they expect. There are also cultural differences, in that some factory-based cultures are used to receiving something they've bought immediately.

Even with the decreased dollar, we managed by keeping things small and personal. Not perfect, but we tried our best. I think most people here realize we were all working our hardest and do really care about each customer. Now we feel that our buyers in 2008 require something better, perhaps less personal, and with more detail. This means I have to hire more people and add services which also add to the cost.

I've also been here on DOA for several years, trying to give info and help troubleshoot things. I really enjoy the BJD community and love the spirit. And in a way, it's been very cool because the artists have taken feedback from you guys on DOA and you have really changed the world of dolls from Asia from your feedback and ideas.

Well thanks for your understanding, and I apologize if I sound frustrated.

Catrina

14. They look just lovely in their new resin :aheartbea Maybe it's just me but doesn't the tanned Narae look a bit darker than in french resin. That's a good thing, I think it looks great!

15. ohhh! i was wondering ...where are the pictures i see nothing here ???? *_*

16. Will we have to be concerned about the resin yellowing.
      I don't want a yellow Narae.

17. Unless a UV protectant has been added to resin, there is a chance of ALL resin dolls changing color. French Resin just does it faster, and the lighter the shade the worse the yellowing can be. But ALL resin can discolor. I suggest anyone interested in resin changing should read the thread in the customizing forum on the subject of resin yellowing - it has interesting information on what resin does over time. In a nutshell, it hardens, condenses, pushes air out and changes color. It is not a stable material. Some folks have added UV Protectant to their dolls resin - Kaye Wiggs, in Australia, for instance - and they've had better luck with their dolls keeping their color. But we don't know if this will be forever, and we don't know if it will do anthing else to the resin. I probably will not invest in another French Resin doll until they start adding UV Protectant to the resin. I have 5 French Resin dolls, and only one has yellowed significantly. Unfortunately, it is the one nearest and dearest to my heart. Oh well, these things happen, and I love her still. They are all going to change, little by little. They have all lost their initial "pink" look, and they are more opaque than they were, for as they condense and harden, and the air is squeezed out, the translucency disappears. But learning about resin has helped me to deal with the situation. I no longer think of it as "porcelain" or "rock", or even "plastic", really - and unchangeable or tough - especially French Resin - and it's helped me to expect changes that I wouldn't have considered when I first started collecting BJDs.

In any case, no doll shop is going to be able to promise that these dolls will not change color, and artists will not replace dolls that change color. It's unfortunate for us, but these artists do not consider color change as being a problem. For me it is, and now that I know it isn't for them, I will make my choices accordingly. When I buy pinky-white, I want the doll to stay that way. If that's not possible, then I won't buy that product again. But I can't demand a doll shop to force artists halfway across the world to do...anything. Back when we had to go through a buying service to get our dolls, with absolutely no way of communicating with the companies, we all said how we longed for a doll shop here in the US to do our buying for us. Now we have that, but we have to remember that they have no power over these artists. Basically, I accept the fact that there are things I cannot change, and some things, regardless of how many times I ask, will not be changed.

18. As far as I know Narindoll HAVE added UV Protectant to their resin now. If I remember it right they've tested it for a while and order #62 (first dolls made 2008) is the first group where it's official. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will help.

I can't be 100% sure now when Dollfair is closed though but I'm sure Catrina can tell more.

Annefia!

19. I saw the pictures of pinky white and tanned urethane Naraes, the tan one was a bit grey in the pictures (as I've seen the newer tan be in french resin too) I'm a bit sad about that, since I owned the old tan one and loved it to bits. I liked the pinky white urethane color a lot, even thought it really seems quite white!

But anyways, I think this new add in resins helps the Narin company a lot, and brings new customers to them =)

*starts to collect the money for her upcoming new three resin kids..* ;)