1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Narae & Narin Urethane resin discussion

Apr 19, 2008

1. Then I'll be very interested to see how the french resin with UV Protectant handles over time! Here's hoping it keeps pinky white...pinky white! ;)

2. Yes, I thought all the latest Narin dolls had a UV protection in the resin now. But like it has been said, we don't know what will happen down the road with this product. French resin is so pretty though.

That is why I blush my bodies. It is a pain to take a brand new doll all apart and spend hours spraying and painting her. But the spray is also supposed to have UV protection in it so I am hoping that helps too. Sort of double insurance!!

Look at the old dolls from the 1930's through the 1950's. There was the old compo type and all those newly invented plastic types. Some handled the years quite well while others did not. Even the very old bisque dolls do show wear unless they were kept locked up.

For now I am just going to enjoy my Narae beauties. And if I can't pass them on to my grandkids or they look bad in ten years, so be it. But like I mentioned before, I just love my new pinky white girl and I hope she stays that way until at least I get tired of playing with her, which I hope is a long way off!

3. So I guess the lack of response to my thoughts would mean there is no way to order the old priced Narae doll right now?

4. Sorry, I miscommunicated. I dont mean the old knee joints, I want the regular French Resin NORMAL what was available the 4 weeks I had been putting aside monies to buy the doll. 4 weeks ago my doll was up, now its down, I just want a friggin normal Tanning narae and I want the same price! I have come so far! It took me WEEKS to finally decide to get her and then THIS!
      Thats what I mean, not the old anything, Im saying the old before this new resin, I dont care for it. I just wanted a Narae and the DAY I went to order it was shut down. I had waited because I was so paranoid about not getting the right one, cant I just order one last one at the old price with less customer service?
      Thats what I mean.

5. Aya- Unfortunately no we can't even get a French Resin Narae or Narin at the old price, whatever the price increase will be that is what everyone will pay once the site opens back up. Just gotta wait and see:(

6. I don't think it's a smooth move on their part. They had just told me they had a store Narae Tanning Open Eye and I was ready to order it when this happened. It's not nice to give no warning, etc.. They shouldve said "WE WILL BE DOWN IN ONE WEEK TO UPDATE"
      Etc. So everyone could have ordered now. But with their not-so-savory reviews, I think Ill try and find Narae elsewhere, and if all else fails Ill buy another doll :<

7. They closed ordering because they were already really backed up and needed to catch up on orders. How is it a smooth move to tell everyone they will be closing orders and raising prices just so everyone can hurry in and get their dolls a little bit cheaper, when they are already having trouble catching up on orders due to the recent french resin shortage??? The reason for raising the prices, apart from the drop of the dollar is to upgrade the customer service system, which is a response to the reviews that claim "poor communication" has been an issue.

8. I didnt say or imply that they should have told us they were upping their prices. What I said was it would have been nice if they said something like "We will be stopping ordering in one week for Date-Date while we make some changes and add new options"

I am not attacking the prices I am attacking the fact they told me I was able to order something and the next morning did this and STILL have not responded to MY concerns yet, responded to others. I am also attacking the unprofessional manner in which it was executed. Does that make sense?

9. No, Aya, I have to say it really doesn't make sense. It is your poor communication that put you in the situation. You didn't communicate with them directly, you could have put the doll you wanted on layaway and then the price would have been held. There is no way you can guarantee that the doll won't totally sell out from one day to the next. You could have seen it online on Thursday and go to buy it on Friday and see "Sold Out". Next time you should contact the seller, and say I would like to buy Narae, may I do layaway? That's how I bought mine. Dollfair was great about layaway. Yes it's frustrating when things change suddenly but that's the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.
      In comparison to other companies Dollfair is not nearly as capricious as most. Also you must keep in mind that it is the companies perogative to set their prices as they see fit. They need to run thier business so that they can stay in business, and those of us who love to work with them appreciate this.
      I wish you luck, you can always try to buy Narae second hand in French Resin, or get her in the Urethane. If I were choosing now I would get the urethane, but that is just me. I love my Narae the way she is, and I believe you will love yours if you buy her.

10. Aya, I understand your frustration. Sometimes ordering online is not as fast as we would like it to be. I loved the "old 800 number days". You called, if they had it, you got it. I don't think Dollfair meant to put you off. Like all working people, things happen and they can't take care of everyone at once.

Hang in there. When May 15 comes, check the site and see if the doll you want is within a price you can still manage. If so, get the doll you want. I am so glad I ordered my two big gals before the ordering freeze, but wish now I had ordered my butterfly girl. But if the price is within reason and I still want her, I will get her.

I would rather have a few dolls that I truly love than several just to fill up space. You have to be a discriminating shopper. I find the Narae/Narin dolls so versatile. Even if you have just one, it can have such a wide fashion range and personality.

I truly love the two I have. They just melt my heart. So get the doll of your dreams!

11. Also Aya, everyone shares the suffering, wether it be saving, waiting or not being able to get what you want. Narae is a beautiful, beautiful doll, worth every effort that we put forth to get her. We all support you, but we can't attack Dollfair as we have to support the one person who brings these lovely things to us.

12. Im sorry I wasnt attacking dollfair for being out of stock, either. I was simply attacking the UNPROFESSIONAL manner in which they suddenly left a lot of people (Not just me) in the dark. Had I got to order my sweet Narae and she not been in stock by the day after, I would have simply ordered another one. Therefore, it is definitely not my complaint. Its not the money that put me off, it was the setting aside of the money and decision to spend the money on a DOLL and WHICH doll. It was actually taking a chunk of funds and leaving them to the side for it. (I went on vacation so leaving it to the side for a doll < Spending it in Mexico! - so you can see why it took me a while to decide and by a while I mean I was ready to order the day after they sent me the in stock notice- but alas, I was foiled.)

Dollswest: I will ~.~ But I think by then I will try and find another doll or Narae carrier. But if May 15th comes and Im still in the dark, I will order then. Im sure it's not 100$ extra. I just dont like extra prices. If the doll is not that price elsewhere, why should I pay it here for one extra customer service associate. There's not promise that this hiring of a person will change anything. Nor do I care about their customer service except perhaps the new customer service person will warn people on the site next time its going down!

13. I think this is a very sad thing but I guess it's unavoidable. Sadly there'll always be idiots out there who thinks everything is about them.

Catrina I hope you know that the huge manority of people really apriciate your work. It's understandable that you would get frustrated with the idiots at times.

Dustbunnie

14. I certainly hope that you know how much we appreciate all of your work Catrina. When I first saw Narae I had no idea how to buy her, she wasn't actually available on a nice website that I could read to buy. Because of you, I was not only able to buy my Narae, but to extend the payments out over time.
      Back to the new resin, I am dying to see the tanning urethane in person. I wonder how it compares to Supia, probably much lighter.

15. :DI am a HUGE Narae/Narin fan and will get 1 more Narae in Pinky White Urethane this time with the old knees as I am very fond of the "original" design Bimong had and Tisa needs a female friend to get into more drama with anyway;)

16. @derilan85: is it still possible to get the old knee version :? I don't like the new knee version and I would really love to get another narae (with Urethane resin) :aheartbea

17. gruftschatten: Yes, it will be possible to choose between "old knees" and "new knees" when order your Narae.

Annefia!

18. Gruftschatten- Yes it is very possible to get old knees when you order your Narae on May 15, everyone is waiting for the website to re-open with more added options and a new price for the dolls.

19. thanks ^^ thats so great ^____^