1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Narae & Narin Urethane resin discussion

Apr 19, 2008

1. Hi everyone,

I don't own a Narae, and have never seen one in person. But I'm totally in love with her. May I know the difference between the Old Knees and New Knees? Also, other than solving the fast yellowing of French resin, what other difference does Urethane makes?

Thanks ^^

2. With the old knee, you can see the elastic in the back of the knee. When the knee bends, it flips from the top. The body is strung from ankle, up through the head and all the way down to the other ankle, one complete loop. With the new knee, the joint is round, done in two pieces with hooks on both ends. The doll is strung from the ankle to the first hook. Then from the upper hook, through the head and back to the upper hook on the knee joint ball. I hope this makes sense.

I have both kinds, having just gotten my Lily in order #62 and my Nola in the 2007 Christmas order. I really can't say which I like better. Both seem to stand and pose great. I think I prefer the way the old knee version is strung. I don't like having that little elastic piece from the hook to the ankle. It seems to get loose too often and is hard to adjust. But I love not seeing the elastic in the back. Or having the knee flip up in tights, pants or stockings. It is tough designing a doll to act like the human body!

As far as yellowing goes, the newer French resin is supposed to be "UV" protected. Not quite sure what that really means. I do my own bodies and spray them really good with the Volks spray. That has UV stuff in it too. But I think any resin can change and discolor. Just the nature of the stuff.

3. dollswest Wow, thats very detailed explaination. Thank you :D

4. Any news on the urethane doll's prices, and comparison pics of urethane and french?

5. Dollfair is closed until May 15 so we probably have to wait to get answers until then.

Annefia!

6. :eusa_prayI just hope they won't be too expensive, I need to order the old knees for my Narin as a precaution.

7. Just one more week and we can start to order again!!! I sort of think maybe I know what I want. Doesn't sound too convincing does it? I can hardly wait until the Dollfair site is up so I can really make up my mind. Let see...French resin...urethane...color??? It will be lots of fun just to look and dream again.

8. I am going to order a tanning Narin 43 at the end of May. Will I be able to order him ok? Forgive me, but I'm new to Narin and how to order them. If this is the wrong thread to post this, feel free to move it.

9. Dollfair is the international distributor for Narindoll. They are reopening for orders 5/15 and usually they take orders in batches, but they don't usually close for orders. I think you should be able to order at the end of the month.

10. I'm also worried about them being too expensive -_- And I'm still not sure if I want urethane or french... I'm really anxious for comparison pictures xD If I do get narae I'll be selling my current doll... so that's why I'm so anxious

11. Hikarusan 1993 - the link below will show you the first photos Catrina posted under "News" regarding the urethane colors. Once the Dollfair site has been updated I am sure there will be more, but you can look at this for a start. In the mean time read that thread and check out all of the other Narin/Narae threads. I know if you look at all the beautiful dolls you will be sold on their beauty and versatility. They have my vote!

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3107428&postcount=1

12. oooo they look nice. The french looks softer, somehow.

13. Gene&Louisa: I totally agree, the urethane one looks smooth, silky and harsh, and the french looks glowing and soft. But it's only one set of pictures...

14. Well! I must say I am so impressed with the price. It didnt go up very much at all as I was worried. Oh I am so excited! They looks so beautiful!!!

15. Yes, I agree. The prices are moderate.
      I would love to see a comparison pic of Narae in pink white urethane next to Limhwa normal beige urethane. Just to get an idea how Narae looks in reality, because I already have a Limho Mono.

16. Hmmmm... none of the urethane colours are even close to golden beige or tanning (the urethane tanning is a lot darker). I guess that'll make my choice easier when I can finally order her! ;)

17. I had to get a pinky-white urethane Narae and was so delighted to see I could get the old knee style! I'm totally excited about this :love While I love the French resin, I've been ultra-cautious with my other 2 Narae's not to get them in the sun or near heat - and they have NO yellowing due to that.

I like urethane as much as French resin, to be honest, so the yellowing issue was the only thing holding me back from more Naraes and when I saw the urethane up on the site yesterday I couldn't contain myself :-)

Now comes that horrible waiting thingie :lol:

18. I am so getting the old knees for my Narin at the end of this month when I get paid again, the price is not too bad, but it is worth it:sweat

19. Which one did you get Penny?

I could hardly wait for the site to re-open last night. Only, instead of ordering, I am more confused. I love my pinky white French resin and her new knees. I have other bjds in regular resin and not that fond of the look and feel. Plus, the seams show more. So I am still thinking.....Maybe I will order one with the new knees and a set of the old legs as a back-up.

I was glad the prices were not up that much on the dolls, but the optional heads for the 43cm doll went from $150 to $230, unpainted. You might as well get the entire doll for that price. That is my only complaint.

20. Does anybody know what the delivery/wait time is for the urethane dolls? I am thinking of ordering a tan urethand Narae.