1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW!! NARIN DOLLS 60 cm & 43 cm PRE-ORDERING INFO pg. 12

Oct 18, 2005

1. OMG, she looks absolutely gorgeous. Perfect in every way. Now, I really, really want a Narae.

BTW Is there a difference between 60 and 43 cm Narae's? It seems to me that 43 cm Narae' have teeth and a slightly open mouth, whereas 60 cm Narae's have closed mouths. Is this correct!

2. *Singing* "Oh Catrina!!!! It's Sunday!!!" Time to order yet?!!!!!

Judy :daisy

3. *_* I want to order now, but I just bought black camine! must.. wait for funds to recover!

I wish I could get an advance on my tax return in january, lol! i'm so filing that the minute I get my W2s in! I've never filed state income tax before! only federal! florida didn't have a state income tax but MD does! damn them for taking more of my money!

4. I'm wondering too...which one is this?
      :grin:

5. Catrina,
      Do you know if the new faces will fit the Narae purchased in July 05? I do hope so! Thank you, JM/Organized

6. No....must not spend life savings on beutiful doll... Why all these amazing dolls at once?

7. Yep! go to www.dollfair.com

Hope you enjoy it.

Catrina

8. I suspect they will fit, though i am not sure.

More details on the way this week *fingers crossed*

I hope to get a lot of them if this is the case-- four doll faces would be so nice to choose from.
      Catrina

9. It's a 43 cm Narae, if I am not mistaken...
      What a fox! :D
      Catrina

11. Narin dolls has been really nice to work with. I have now been talking with them for over 6 months. They are allowing us quite a bit of flexibility in customizing the dolls. I do believe if you sent in a photo of one of their custom dolls and asked for a similar paint job, they'd be fine with that. Just make sure to send me that photo so I cand PDF it into the order along with your other choices.

She can look very Asian but also Western, depending on the face paint. I agree, the Asian look makes her seem very exotic and fragile in this white dress-black hair combination.
      Have fun!
      Catrina

12. Thanks for answering my question. I wasn't so fond of the open-mouth. But now that 60 cm Narae has a closed one, I think I might buy her sometime in the future.

13. I can't do the pre-order this time round :cry:

I'll just have to hope that I can get in on the next one and that all the 43cm dolls don't sell out. Though I like the 60cm ones too!

Looking forward to seeing more lovely photos...

14. Besides the mouth difference between the Narae 43cm and the Narae 60 cm . . . it appears to me that the smaller Narae girl has a slimmer more delicate looking face, whereas the larger girl has more of a round face and the jawline looks more square to me. I liked the closed mouth of the larger Narae, but I like the slimmer face shape of the smaller Narae.

So am I just imaging all that . . . what are your thoughts Dollyhollic? :roll:

15. HI there Keeley,
      Your question really got me interested...
      Of course, we are dealing with two different doll sizes, so the proportions will be different, but...

What I did was find a couple 60 cm Naraes and put them up against some 43 cm Naraes.
      [​IMG]

Hey, sweet! I just found a couple of Narae43 cm head parts customized by Dolkot in Korea. I would link to them, but you can't on their site.
      Here is the front view= go to http://www.dollfair.com/pics/naraedolkot.jpg
      and here are side views= go to http://www.dollfair.com/pics/naraedollkot2.jpg

You can also see what the head pieces look like-- I believe these are the same head part options that I'm waiting to get pictures of. There will be 4 options per doll size.
      I didn't want to image these here, since they belong to Dolkot.

The difference I see is that Narae 43 has a more narrow chin, and the 60 does have a bit wider face... but then again, she's a bigger doll and she is in proportion to her body.
      I actually like them both! WAH! It's so hard to choose. I am also noticing that in comparison, the 60 cm has a more glamorous mouth (can be made even larger with paint or chalked for a more subtle but sensuous look as in the photos) and the 43 cm has a more petite mouth but it's very shapely and pretty.
      OK they are both drop dead gorgeous. I feel sorry for those of you making a choice.
      In any case, hope these photos help out... any more questions, fire away...
      as soon as I get more stuff I will post it.
      Catrina

16. I wish the smaller girl had a closed mouth. It would be so cool if they offered that option too!

17. Yes, I agree with you . . . I am not into dolls with open mouths and teeth. So I guess that will sway my decision.

Thank you Dollyhollic for your patience and help. :oops:

18. I sent you an e-mail as well but I was worried that you have gotten to many e-mails and might miss mine. So I am posting my questions here as well.

I definitely want to order a 43cm Narin and Narea. But I don't know which ones I want until I see the pics. I am worried that I will miss my chance at these limited smaller ones. Should I just go ahead and fill the form out? Also, when will I have to pay for them by? I could pay for them on the 15th of the month. That's my payday. I am really interested in seeing the pics of the different faces. I've never had a Narin or seen one in real life before. Just pics. People keep saying faceplates, do the Narin and Narea have faceplates like U-Noa dolls? If so, will they be selling faceplates separately? That is an option that I would really like. I have a feeling that I am going to want at least 2 of each faces for Narin and Narea. Thanks so much and I hope to make an order through you soon.

Kenzie

19. Hi Kenzie,
      If you are interested in the first pre-ordering please fill out the order form and submit it.
      I'll be in touch about the payment part. The first pre-order is only for those who really need the dolls by Xmas-- or for birthday presents-- or for those who have been waiting a really long time and are ready to pass out from anxiety ( :wink: you guys know who you are). I will be doing another pre-order later in November if that would be convenient for you as well.

You just asked the $1 million dollar question about the faceplates/ optional head parts. Some dolls in Korea have a head set up which is not like the headcap+ head you get with a Volks doll, and bigger than the Unoa faceplate. Many hook up with magnets.
      See examples here:
      Here is the front view= go to http://www.dollfair.com/pics/naraedolkot.jpg
      and here are side views= go to http://www.dollfair.com/pics/naraedollkot2.jpg

I just heard from Narin's president last night. Getting that translated, but from what I could read, they are confirming the Nov 10 date to get me the optional head part photos. :D I am also VERY interested in getting extra head parts for all of you. My big hope is to get these in regularly and offer them on my web site for you to buy as you feel the need. For the time being, I just don't know if I can get them without the dolls.
      Thanks for your patience and interest,
      Catrina

20. I have three daughters and their mouths are never closed. Must be a reality sculpt, LOL.

Seriously, it would be really neat if a doll artist came up with an optional mouth part. Not just teeth-no teeth. How about teeth and tongue? Or a dark inside mouth. I saw a Narin on YJ once, went for over $1,000 and it had no teeth part. The mouth was open and it looked very sexy.