1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW!! NARIN DOLLS 60 cm & 43 cm PRE-ORDERING INFO pg. 12

Oct 18, 2005

1. Which seems to be more popular with those who have ordered-

the normal skin tone or the white?

Does the normal skin tone have a yellowy or pinky tint to it?

2. The white skin is so far more popular than the normal. I just got one suntan order today.
      The normal is ghostly white (see Lily's pictures on this thread) whereas the normal has a pinkish fleshy tone to it (see Naomi on this thread). The very popular heroine Narae 60 with the wine red braided wig is a white skinned doll. She is truly awesome.

When the suntan photos arrive, I hope to have a side-by-side of all three choices so it will be more clear.

Catrina

:wink:

3. I love the Burgundy braided wig and the makeup in that photo.

Is that considered default makeup and will the wig be available in a variety of colors or just the burgundy?

4. OK, that girl is a custom white skinned 60 cm Narae. Her value is over US $1,000. If you like her, I can ask them to do a face up like hers and also see if I can get her wig. I don't think she'd mind...

The default faceup includes eye and lip paint. The wigs are random colors.

I would say, if you have a particular look in mind, it would be a good idea to send in for a custom and get the quote. You can always choose to go for the default, even after I get the quote to you. In the meantime, I'll look in to getting some of those burgundy braided wigs. They sure do look great on the white skinned Narae.
      Catrina

5. does anyone know the skintones compare of Narindoll and Unoa? I have some clasping hand unoa parts, and i'm wondering how different the skintone is, so i know about what color to get (white, normal or suntan) so that my unoa and narin can hold hands ^_^

6. Dechanique--
      My standard Unoas are rather yellowish. The resin is sort of an offwhite with yellowish and a dash of pearl for shine. What you might want to do is paint her hands (blush) to match your Narin boy's hand blushing. That might be a good way to make your couple match better. In the Unoa Freak book, there is a really nice tutorial on how Araki-san paints the hands and feet. I have to say, his hand painting and blushing makes them look so alive. I really love the Unoa Freak book-- it's a beautiful book and loads of tasty eye candy.
      Catrina

7. XD wow. Narin with the tattoo is cool.

8. I've had one request to buy the Tattooed Narin Custom doll. If anyone else is interested, they are around $1,300. If you have serious interest, I will take names in case I am only able to get one or two (if any, *sigh*). They will be offered then in the order of their requests on the list. There were only 10 made to be sold by lottery, so perhaps they have been sold out. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Catrina

9. hmm but which one of the three narin colors is closest to unoa, white, normal or suntan? even if the colors aren't exactly the same, i could blush, but i want to get as close as possible :)

10. Apples-- Oranges-- Apples-- Oranges --- WAHHHH! :crushed

I know you are interested in getting a Narin in January... so here is what I can do.
      I am going to get a Narin and Narae in this preorder for my own collection. I will take some pics for you of these in different skin colors with a regular Unoa girl so you can see which "goes" best.
      I have a pure skin Volks that looks really pink-orange next to my Unoa's sort of pastel skin. Actually a white Unoa and a regular Unoa look better together (so hmmm... maybe a white Narin for you? A friend of mine is lucky enough to have a white Unoa to compare). The suntan, now that would be very different. But (devil's advocate) your boy might look really rugged having a tan... esp since he's back from the terrible wars.
      Sure is fun to think and plan about it, huh? :D

Catrina

11. I think her face is pretty both as a girl's or boy's.

but I agree, narae as a boy would be cool.

12. hmmm.. he might be VERY good in tan skin.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. i want to see the skin tone comparison betrween the narins and the faces.

I'm almost done paying my medical bills, then he shall be mine! :)

13. maybe this has been asked...are there pics of the face options yet?...I am just eager to choose an expression for my new girl.

14. I am calling Korea tonight with my interpreter. They have a fashion photographer with a large staff taking the pictures, and have actually been re-taking the pics of the 60 cm dolls and re-loading those to their web site. They were supposed to have uploaded the 43 cm's to the site as well as sent me all the photos by today. I am going to ask them to get a little digital camera and just send me some quick informal stuff and email it to me immediately. So I will have some more info after I talk to them myself. Our order is still on track time-wise; we will be able to wire it out early next week.
      More soon-
      Catrina

15. A little wake up bump to all who have notification on this thread. The 43 cm face options have arrived and they are in a separate thread (this was getting too big to find stuff in).
      Oh yay. They are so beautiful.
      Catrina