1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Narin Dolls Web ORDERING STARTS + OPTIONAL HEADS INFO!!!

Nov 6, 2005

1. Hi, you can email me your custom face up shot and I can get a quote for you.
      [email protected]

I hope to do another order in November (if this first one doesn't kill me, LOL). Don't worry if you can't get in the first one, it's just for those who need a quick turnaround due to the holidays. I really didn't want to start the order without 100% of the information, but the calendar gives me no choice. :chibi
      Thanks!
      Catrina

2. Ah ok, I just wanted to know as I want to send a faceup photo but I was just confused as to how you know who's faceup is for whom XD I'll just state in the email! ^_^

Oh, also, can you request eye colours or are they random or do they not come with them? ^_^

3. Hi Catrina -

when should we expect our invoices? Will you send confirm emails to both the primary email address adn one to the paypal address?

Thanks,

4. Hi there,
      Thanks so much for your order. I spent the morning at the post office, getting quotes for shipping to 15 countries! I know I could have done it all by computer, but for some reason I don't trust that as much. I hope to get the Paypal invoices out later today. I will also send a note to each person who ordered, giving them an update.

There has been some confusion about whether or not I will ship to Asian countries. I can ship to Asian countries, but I was concerned about the cost vs. shipping from Korea. However, I will charge only my cost to ship to Asian countries, so I think you will find my rates match or are even better than other rates you will see. If you are interested in English service or credit card payment (via Paypal) please go ahead and order.
      Thank you!
      Catrina

5. Hi Tifa!
      Hi, the eye colors will be random, as are the wigs and colors.
      I got a note late last night from Narin's president to confirm the default lists. I am cut and pasting from his letter (translated from Korean)
      The basic compositions of 43 cm and 60 cm dolls are as
      the following:

43 cm dolls default list:

Eyes: 12 mm eye balls made in Germany (random color)
      4 different eye lids available (possible to choose)
      (Possible to send pictures on 11/10/05)

Skin Color: White and basic colors are possible.

I will send you pictures for the sun-tanned skin
      soon.

Basic underwear: Possible to send you pictures on
      11/10/05.

French resin

Wig: wigs are not made of human hair.
      They are either wool or synthetic (random).

It is not possible to use human hair for the default
      setting because of the cost. However, it is possible
      to get it special ordered for an additional cost.
      This will cost about US$130-150.

Assembled body

Default make-up

Certificate (This is not a description but
      authentication with artists’ signatures)

Box with cushions

We are not currently using fragrance sponge.

60 cm dolls

Eyes: 14 or 16 mm eye balls made in Germany (random
      color)

We are planning on finishing the four kinds of eye
      lids by the middle of November. They are possible to
      be shipped by the beginning of December. So , Please
      be advised.

Basic pajamas

Skin Color: White and basic colors are possible.

I will send you pictures for the sun-tanned skin
      soon.

French resin

Wig: wigs are not made of human hair.
      They are either wool or synthetic (random).

It is not possible to use human hair for the default
      setting because of the cost. However, it is possible
      to get it special ordered for an additional cost.
      This will cost about US$130-150.

Assembled body

Default make-up

Certificate (This is not a description but
      authentication with artists’ signatures)

Box with cushions

We are not currently using fragrance sponge.

Faces shown on the pictures on the home page are not
      provided as defaults. Default make-up is also closer
      to random, and they are much more basic than shown on
      the pictures (make-up on eyelids and lips).

Defaults without any make-up are also possible.

It is also possible to apply make-up in a similar
      style if a picture is provided.

I will send you the pictures on 11/10. (end of note, thanks, yada yada)

He described the default make up to me: it's not the face paint on the home page.
      He said it was light painting of the lips and eyes, and that it would be random rather than
      standardized. I hope to get some examples of this on the 10th. Remember, custom face painting is available, but what I can't tell you is how much they will charge-- I will be sending over a huge PDF with all the request photos pasted in. Should your quote be too high, you can go for the default. As you see from his note, it might be the case that I have to send in the order before we can see the 60 cm face options. What I can do is select the default face for all the 60 cm dolls we do in this order. Then when the photos come, you can choose one of the new faces if you wish. They will ship the first week of December, so I think we'll be ok for holiday shipping.

Gee, none of this is easy, huh? :D
      Catrina

6. WOW suntanned now that does sound interesting.

The million dollar question is always is the color applied to the surface or actually mixed into the resin itself?

I can't wait to see what a suntanned skin one looks like on the smaller ones!!

It would be so cool is there was a really dark skin tone too :o

7. opps . . . edited because this posted twice and I can't seem to delete one. :(

8. Hi Dollyhollic . . .again many thanks for all your help.

The picture of the white girl with the burgundy braids . . . that's a 60cm girl correct? The one a page back here?

I would like to use that picture I just mentioned above as the default look for a faceup . . . is that possible? That Narae has wonderful pale eyelashes and love burgundy or red hair . . . doesn't have to have braids but preferably long. Wonder how much extra that would be or is it considered part of the default faceup?

:oops:

9. Yes, as a matter of fact there are a couple others who are requesting the same face paint custom work. Not sure if you can get that same wig though. But I could ask if they have it. I do love that picture, too. She looks so ethereal.
      Catrina

10. I would imagine they mix the color into the resin.

It would really HURT if you sanded your baby and his color sanded away :crushed
      So I would imagine they blend the color into the resin. I have confirmed by the way, that the dolls will all be French resin. It has a translucent quality, and thought to be the best resin.

I've noticed with my other dolls, some even have a touch of pearl blended in eg. the Unoas. I'll bet each artist has his own special Resin Goop recipe.
      Catrina

11. Treelore, I'm guessing that the sun tanned versions will be like SteghG's Narin, Perrin. He was originally described as "brown" and compared to regular or white resin, is dark, but not as full on as, say, a Custom House tanned version.

This does mean yet another decision to make, so I'll wait for pictures.... :roll:

12. That is one totally gorgeous faceup!

13. not sure if this has been asked yet...

what size wig should I be stocking up on?

My fetish is showing I know....like I need another drawer full of wigs...sigh...but I WANT another drawer full of wigs....teehee

14. Noriko told me it's a size 6.

Oh yeah, a drawer full of wigs. that sounds delicious. Wigs really make them look different-- yum yum.
      Catrina

15. Size 6 must be for the 43 cm?

What wig size for the 60 cm?

I also noticed that the Narin site has some very cool Dollheart shoes, are they special size for Narindolls?

Thanks

16. Hi Lolly,
      They told me that the 60's wear SD sized clothing. I would imagine that the Dollheart shoes on the site fit their new dolls well & that is why they are offering them. They told me that measurements for the 60's are similar to SD but of course not exact. I would like exact measurements of every nook and cranny of the dolls, but truthfully they are too busy finishing photography sessions now and I dare not bother them.

Meanwhile, some of the teeshirts they have (for doll and owner) are really cool and I like the creativity of them! They look like modern art.. I like the one with the mask.
      thanks for the good question.
      Catrina

17. Hey, I'm such a slacker ! It's been at least a day since I loaded a tasty photo or two.

I found these photos from an Ebay auction in August by Korean seller jaewon. He always has the most wonderful face painting. Very Korean in style ...
      The 43 cm Narin went for over $800. I don't own him or his photos, so I will only offer a link so you can peek.. for those who like boys that look feminine, here is a treasure. Also, you can see how the mouth looks both with and without the teeth plate. I imagine you could put something in to replace the teeth piece so it would look like a tongue : - ) You guys are always so creative....

http://www.dollfair.com/picts/narinSE1.jpg

here is another shot of his upper torso
      http://www.dollfair.com/picts/narinSE2.jpg

artwork by Jaewon (you rule my friend)

Enjoy!
      Catrina
      P.S. We are getting close to those head options photos. I've been swamped with requests to buy them. I will be sending a letter probably tomorrow asking again for a quantity of those. Hope they say yes, cause I think it would be amazing to have all those options. :grin:

18. oh jesus. my paychecks need to come faster. Faacchttnnaa ;___________; im going to try to get him in december, but i have to see how it goes with paying my medical bills, rent, insurance, ect..

mmm fachtna! i've been working on Aeri's head all of today. ;_; He can at least cuddle her disembodied head until she arrives sometime next year. Damn.. long unoa wait times!

19. Woohoo! I got to change my sig list!!! I really hope they let us order more than one faceplate. Even if I can't afford it. :oops: Plus I have to buy her wigs and clothes, and eyes... Eek!