1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New owner - Is SD size intimidating?

Feb 23, 2006

1. AWWW, cuddlebag..!! :D *gets warm fuzzy feelings over that term, and the hand size.. ...... ..* Hmmmm >3 ....

2. for me not really cause i never seen a real MSD. i got my frist doll (SD) 4 weeks ago so im still really new. but ya i said stick to bigger size cause i wanna get my money's worth @.@ ! ...or at least thats what i tell myself! haha! but ya i'd like to get a MSD cause they are portable and stuff. but i think that will wait till later ^^ !

3. I like the bigger sizes except, YO-SD sized dolls you can take anywhere!

~Alyson:aangel:

4. CP hands are great... They're just the right size to hold onto a human finger. It's really sweet. :)

5. Just an opinion on Cloud:

I look strangely like a Hound (as I've been told many times on many occasions) and I also look like Cloud. Stupidly so. x_x

So I'd suggest a Hound or Husky. ^^'; That's just from personal experience though. <3

EDIT: On the SD size question, my first was an SD. Before he came I thought he was going to be HUGE. But they're quite small just sitting down and such. It's really nice, and a perfect size for snuggling! I have a Yo-SD now as well, and he's tiny, but nice to carry around as well. But not nearly as snuggly as my SD. ^^

6. I'm used to my two minis. Even though I've met lots of 60+cm dolls they still sort of intmidate me. I thought they'd be too much to handle and not light n' portable enough, but now it seems I'm drawn to larger dolls. Kind of ironic, but something I'll have to overcome as a doll owner.

For Cloud, I think Camine, Lahoo or Shiwoo would work.

7. Hah. I have the reverse. I wouldn't want a smaller doll, because I could loose it, or have it slip through somewhere and the bigger bjd clothes were hard enough to sew. I also second the Narin boy. While hounds are very pouty, I don't think they look like cloud at all. ( No offense)

8. =D Lahoo looks EXACTLY like Kadaj from AC.

*luffs on Lahoo* >>

9. Hahaha XD I think I may want cancer more than I'd want a hound, they really scare me.
      I'm setting my eyes on the new unreleased Luts boy, the hybrid of El/Shiwoo/etc.... WOO HE'S SO PERFECT!! :D
      Narin would be a good choice for me... but he's not very anime/game-looking :/ he and Narae are beautiful molds, but I just feel some sort of distance that tells me they're not for me...
      Thank you guys for all your help!!! :3

10. I held off for on SDs for awhile, because of the size and weight. I worried about being able to carry them around with me as well. They are definitely bigger and heavier. Once I got used to Frank (he's my heaviest boy), he didn't feel so heavy anymore...unless I've been carrying him for awhile, then it starts to hurt ; ) If there's an SD that you really love the sculpt of, don't be afraid to give it a try...I don't think the size/weight difference is *that* big of a problem, but there is a definite difference between SDs and minis.

11. I have large, mini, and tiny. Ilove all of them, but I prefer my larger SD girls the best. they are the most fun to cuddle with and carrry around.
      I love their large size!

12. I second or third it!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont like them personally but i totally agree!! Cloud = Narin.

13. Wow! Thread on Cloud BJDs!!!! XD

IMO, Lahoo looks more like Yazoo (see the similarity in names?!) If wanted to look like Kadaj, the flirty eyes only do justice XD

And I also have to agree... Narin has Cloud's nose... :crushed

Anyways, I'm still on my project to emulate a Cloud bjd.... with a Yukinojo SD16 :)

[​IMG]
      Yukinojo as he is......

[​IMG]
      Yukinojo with *Shocking* blue eyes.....

[​IMG]
      IMO, this looks like the infamous Sephiroth high-angle Nibelheim fire shot.... too bad I dun have a silver white wig..... :crushed

14. shirou_oh_sakura: your boy is stunning!!! @w@ Good luck with your project..!! :D

15. thanx juumou!!:aheartbea

16. Thank you juumou-san!!! XD

17. You know? For some reason I think a Chiwoo would make an uber-cute Cloud. Just thinking about it makes me go squee. :whee:

18. As for the SD size... well, they make for really good stable lap-sitters, like my adowable lazy lounger, 65cm Faolan ( a HD louis, http://www.happydollus.com/skin/shop.php?PG=view&uid=786 boy their pictures make him look awful >< Hopefully I'll learn how to use my camera properly soon). They can fit fairly comfortably in a backpack too. My boy has followed me on quite a number of outings. I have a mini, a 45cm Ren, and I love him too, but something about the heft of an 65cm boy is really nice. I love how he sits so well and stable in the crook of my arm. It's all up to you though.

As far as cloud goes... I do agree that Wu seems like a good bet: http://www.sunrisedolls.com/store/elfr20.html With a bit of modding, or just alterations in faceup, he could take on more of that AV cloud angst *huggles cloud*.