1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New owner - Is SD size intimidating?

Feb 23, 2006

1. Awesome, more FFVII fans!! ^^ Anyway, I vote for Narin too, he looks alot like Cloud, whereas Camine actually kinda reminds me of Vincent. Check out the DOT boy body. That's Camine's head mold on it and with that black wig and the red eyes, it just screams 'Vincent' at me. The space force Narin in particular comes the closest in facial structure -that I've seen- to Cloud. And I'd say go for the 60 cm one! I don't have my Camine yet, but I have held a BJD that size (Otakon 2005) and I still remember how nice it felt. :)

[Edit:] Also, for the more anime look, Soo Ri may be a good choice. ^^ He has that whole brooding look going on and he seems to stand similarly to Cloud.

2. I think IH Soo Ri and Narin boy 60cm are best choices for Cloud-y boy, with the correct face-up. =3 Just have to make eyebrows less slanted, less lower eyelashes, natural color lower eyeline, and give him full lips. My two cents. XD

3. I started with an MSD (Soulkid Tiffee boy) because I swore 'No way in HELL am I getting one of those monstrously huge SD's!". Especially after playing with my friend's Shiwoo. But when I got my 60 cm Narin home, for some reason his size was the last thing on my mind. I won't be actively seeking more big 'uns, but I must say, doing their faceups is easier than MSDs. And he's just like holding a baby in my arms. A rather creaky baby with a devious smirk on his face, however.

And upon looking at my Narin's features, I also say he'd be a great candidate for Cloud. His proportions are some of the more masculine and realistic I've seen, and his nose and jawline are a wonderful shape. If SDs spook you, feel free to get the smaller and less expensive MSD Narin, but beware that fabricating the smaller costume would be an immense challenge. Just my two pesos. Hope my blathering helped. <3

4. Your fear of SD size is probably because you have not seen one in real or handled them. How can you be scared of something you have not even experienced? Once you have seen one up close I am sure the 60 cm size is not that intimidating. Weight wise it's quite a difference from your MSD, but it's not like you're gonna be lugging around a sack of 4kg rice. There are also more styles of wigs and clothes and shoes for the 60 cm types than there are for MSD although hopefully this will change in the future. The fact that they have bigger faces also means they can have more detail and more sophisticated joints system which is probably something you'll appreciate if you are going to pose them a lot.

On your second point...yes I agree with the rest of the people here that Narin has the closest expression and facial features for your Cloud AC character. Although one problem is that Narin is a smiling doll and Cloud AC is predominantly pouty.

I actually kinda like Jinlin's idea! That would be sooo cute and unique!
      Have you looked at Latidoll.com for their chibi dolls? oh man they are superbly adorable!

And lastly.... I think a Dollshe boy would not make a good Cloud because their bodies are too lanky and tall, they are build more like a lazy model than a soldier. And taking a good look at their faces Hound looks more like a Sephiroth with that twisted semi-pervert smirk and Bermann looks more like a pansy version of Kadaju with the dumpling beaten up puffy cheeks. If their huge size and cumbersome weight do not bother you, their belly flopping problem will drive you insane.

5. I find that a hilarious analysis XD

I personally have DS Saint and was planning to make him into Cloud
      as soon as I got him, and looked at him irl, i realized that's pretty near impossible.

I'll still do it, but he'll be my doll cosplaying Cloud, not actually BEING cloud (does that make any sense?? lol)

Anyways, it's an old topic, sorries to have bumped it back up, I just loved what Helene said haha

6. They aren't so big. I think its just something you have to see in person. I thoughty they were huge! But no They are little and cute and fluffy! Okay not fluffy but cute. I think I would crush a smaller one but we'll see