1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Popovy "Venus" body

Sep 20, 2020

1. I'd like to see new body pictures without that "insta blur" and other tricks that sculptors ought to use now for showing their work. Just longing waiting for the sisters blog update.
      By the way, once I have seen similar proportions ( round tummy etc. + slim hands and neck) in real life. It was the pictures of Deva Cassel. She was a teen then, so for me this new sisters body is rather body of the very young woman than mature bodies of the Renaissance paintings.

2. exactly! She really looks like Deva Cassel

3. no one ordered it yet? I wonder if body v and iv will differ in price?

4. @alla3261 I e-mailed them about it, as I plan to purchase a Venus-1 body. A nude doll with the solid torso Venus body is $1200, with the Venus-1 body it is $900. Body IV is $900, there was no separate price listed for scarification so I suppose it's the same cost.

I was surprised by the price difference, but I suppose it makes sense as it probably is harder to get a good clean cast for a larger torso piece.

5. You plan to ask for a Venus body with scarifications ? do they do that ?

6. No, Body IV comes with or without scarification. I think they're both $900, as they didn't specify an additional cost.

Venus doesn't come with scarification. Sorry if that was unclear.

7. Ah, ok, thanks! but is 900$ for the Venus body and an head, or just a body ?

8. Nude doll, body and head (all heads are the same price). Eyes are a separate cost

9. I would like to see more CLEAR pictures of Venus1 body, not sure yet if the torso joint works fine ...

10. I was debating between Venus and Venus-1, as I love the look of the solid torso (it's so nice that the gaze isn't interrupted by a joint) but the extra expressiveness of the single joint in Venus-1 is really nice.

check out this photo, the arc in the back that the single joint gives is very beautiful.
      Venus-I-.jpg

11. Thanks! to be honest, I prefer the joint to be right under the breast, this way it's less noticeable ...

12. Yeah I completely agree with you there. Off-topic but I own several vinyl dolls that have the joint there, it's fantastic for all types of clothes.
      I think the Venus-1 joint is not that noticeable though, unless you have the doll in very revealing clothes.

13. Ahh~ I'm so in love with Venus-1 and I think that might be my next Popovy. I just need to wait awhile to accumulate those finances. :lol:

14. I'm wondering what resin she's in (most of) the promo and the catalogue photos. Coral?

15. Yes, I believe it's coral.

16. Thanks! And it is. Someone had already asked on Instagram.

17. I don't post much but I'll come out of hiding to say omggggg this new body is gorgeous and has such fine sculpting.

Congrats to anyone lucky enough to be able to bring her home!

18. I for one love this sculpt and it’s made me seriously consider buying a Popovy.

It’s nice to see one of the most popular and well known fashion doll artists create an aesthetically stunning and interesting to dress doll body, that isn’t such a glorification of being critically underweight. Human models are still very very thin on average, of course - but not to such an extreme and ill-looking extent lately as they were 1998-2014ish. I love realistic fashion art BJDs the most, but I feel that a lot of fashion doll artists grew up during and are still stuck in that era and obsessed with frail underweight bodies as the pinnacle of beauty and best to dress. I wish there were more options that reflected changing trends in fashion towards a more healthy body weight, like Venus. I am tired of doll bodies that look like anorexic teenagers with protruding bones, honestly.

#58 aliquotiens, Dec 15, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    19. Oh, what a great news! I also would like they make some new animal like doll: bear for example.

20. I really like this new body. I liked the old one too, though, so I'm honestly not sure which one I would choose if I ever buy a Popovy.