1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Souldoll Double Jointed Boy Osu

May 14, 2007

1. he's lovely, but the knee shape bugs me a bit :-/

2. Gah, in love. The knee looks so... odd in those naked pics, but it'd be wonderful for sitting seiza style...

3. I love his face-sculpt, that he also has an optional heartbeat and that he's 63cm in height,
      but I still love my old SoulDoll boy-body abs. I was hoping their new boy body would look just
      like the old, in muscle-definition, but taller. Guess I'll have to keep hoping.

-Enzyme :)

4. He looks like he's wearing knee and elbow pads! Must be into sports a bit too much...

I also like the current SD abs. Double joints (not quite as huge, though), surrounding that nice tum would have been nice. Why do a lot of the new torsos (except the CP, and JAce) look like shorter versions of the Dollshe boys? Is it something inherent in the 3-piece design once you slim down the middle?

5. I think the new bodies SoulDoll has come out with are fabulous! I never cared much for the hyper-ripped-yet-strangely-shallow-chested torso of the previous version. I will grant that the double jointing is a bit heavy handed looking when in action, but when locked together looks very well engineered. Now if only they would sell them separately...

6. Hello hipbones! :love

Admittedly, the knees do look odd bent like that...but I bet in practice you can get them to bend above or below the joint, keeping the center piece straight with one part or the other--like the leg that's down but bent in the one photo. Makes for less bending angle but more visual appeal. ( A trick I picked up from having a Dollshe boy)

...and I like his face straight off...which is rare for me with Souldolls, actually. Normally I may think they're interesting, or pretty, but definitely not for me. (Well, aside from Lupinus, who is entirely too perfect for a character I have named Clover--looks exactly like him in the promo pics, aside from eyecolor...but he's a chara that I don't need to have as a doll, as much fun as he'd be, so yeah....)
      But I like Osu. Lots. In fact, I think he rather looks like someone I have been considering getting a doll of...a reporter/detective/mage character of mine named Louis Derry. ^o^
      *adds to list*

7. I really like him too he is sooo cute :D

8. Oh wow, I can't believe I'm only seeing him now! He's so perfect! I love his face and body. The joints are bigger than most company joints, but their mobility is much closer to a human's.

I'm just so stunned *blink blink*

9. I never do like Souldoll boy default faceups, but underneath all that heavy eyeshadow Osu looks like he could be very pretty. While the joints are a little jarring, I think it won't matter if he keeps his clothes on.

10. I think he is rather stunning myself...a blend of El, Asiter and Sha thrown in for flavor. What is with the month of May and them raping my bank account?!

I cant wait to see when people get the double joints and review them. I hope their mobility makes up for their lack of aesthetic appeal...

11. So it isn't just me! I thought his lips looked so much like Sha's.

I pine fore both the Souldoll doubles. They're just the ideal 60cm dolls! *swoons again*

12. I am thrilled, as my mom has just promised to get me this boy for Christmas! In the meantime, I'll have my Hye to keep me entertained, and to get used to the double joints with.

I really love the look of this boy. I'll probably end up getting the default face-up as well, though I may eventually wipe it and do something a bit lighter and more natural.

I hope that they make his crazy outfit available. I ordered Hye's, I'd like to have his as well.

13. I really love the new face and torso. The knee joints are gigantic, but I guess as long as he keeps his pants on you can't really tell. I really want one. I've been looking around for a taller boy and he's perfect :D

14. He's pretty, but no hotlinking ^_^

15. Any one else think he looks like a dream of doll, mold- something about the lips. I do like his jointing an awful lot.

16. uh...does anyone have this? It says you can hear it's heartbeat?? It's sixty dollars extra and sounds...odd, but I'm a tad fascinated by the idea lol. Not sure if its an option on all the Souldoll line, or just Osu...

edit: after checking it seems to just be on that doll. Really want to know if anyone has this o.o

http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1076

17. Hye, the girl of the Souldoll Double line, is also available with the heart sensor thingie. There´s a Hye here on DoA, I think her owner posted pics just today, but I don´t remember if she has the sensor or not.

18. Ooo, his outfit is up for sale now, too! Although, $250.00, yikes *_*

Still, I've been thinking all along that it looks both more expensive and more difficult to make then Hye's outfit, so I'll probably get it when I order my Osu any way.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have enough hours of work in (and a big enough pay check!) to order Osu at the end of June.

Edit: Yes, in an above post I did say that my mom was willing to buy him for me for Christmas... But I have a new job, and am very impatient. I also worry that they won't keep his outfit around forever, and I really do want it.

19. I think this is the sweetest idea, I'd really like to get one as I'm yet to buy my first BJD. I got the impression from the first post that you could listen to it but I can't hear it, what am I doing wrong?

20. It says this feature is powered by a mercury battery, which, when it comes time for disposal can be a big problem.
      For environmental, and personal health reasons, I hope that anyone who gets a doll with this feature takes the little extra effort when the battery dies and disposes of it properly.
      The idea of a dolls heart beating audibly is very cute and I don't want to rain on the parade of cute, but there is a reason the sale of those batteries has been banned in so many places. I certainly don't mean, don't get it if you don't really want it, but remember that batteries don't belong in land fills, our fish, water, eagles, etc... :). Dispose of your batteries properly!
      That said, if anyone has a picture of how the mechanism fits into the doll, I would love to see it ^_^. I've seen talk-boxes available for old style dolls and I think it would be awsome/hilarious to see a way something similar could be put into one of our precious BJD.