1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Souldoll Double Jointed Boy Osu

May 14, 2007

1. So obviously the little mechanism will not take any other sort of battery? :(

2. Yeah, it looks like it. It's just when I saw it said "export restricted" and "mercury" I googled it. Apparently those batteries used to be used in cameras and small electronics because the batteries can sit without use for a very long time and still function. They've been banned because of their negative impact on the environment and the danger of mercury poison to people in general. Any kind of battery is bad to just throw away, but these seem to be really bad due to the nature of mercury.
      When it says, "customers must buy a battery directly" I guess that means it doesn't come with one.
      I wonder what the device is that makes the heartbeat sound... it might be possible to rig one so it runs on a different kind of battery... But I guess not many people want to foot $60 on one just to tamper with it. :(

And on a side note. Dang, that doll has really big knee joints. He's pretty though. :)

3. My family are watchmakers by trade and they collect the mercury watch batteries and they can be sent back to the company for disposal or perhaps recycling? I'm not sure . . . . anyhow once there's a tub full they go back and they even get a small fee returned to them for it.

***EDIT***
      If anyone in Oz is interested this is a good page explaining the recycling process
      http://www.watchbatteryrecycle.org/
      ***END***

I can't imagine they pose a threat to the person, at least if I had to make an educated guess I'd have to say they didn't.

On a side note, did anyone notice if there was a sample sound on the website? The description gave the impression there was but no amount of clicking revealed it :)

5. Oh, wow!! This boy is gorgeous -- I seriously have fallen in love at first sight -- and I really like the bod and joints too!
      I cannot believe I haven't seen him yet!! He's exactly what I've been looking for!!!
      *SWOONS*
      He's not limited in any way, is he??

6. you know, a long long time ago, there was a doll and a bear i had, they were called "heart to heart". you opened a velcrow pouch and inside there was a heart shaped box with a ehart cshaped button, and you pushed it[or sqeezed the dolla nd put your ear up to it] and it beat. it was on of the best dolls i ever had. it sounded like a real heartbeat and it kinda vibrated....but it took normal batteries, personally, i think there is a better solution to be found for the battery in a heartbeat for a bjd.

a wonderful idea though. honestly. especially for those who cant have children (like me). to make a doll look and feel and even sound as real as a person.