1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New tan Elfdoll Rainy girl - Ruru!

Nov 17, 2006

1. She's a must have for me. I've had her on order since the first pics came out. The only thing I may not like is the one piece torso as I'd rather have more mobility but the sculpture of it is incredible. I'm only hoping that I'm far enough up the list to get one from the first shipment as it'll drive me crazy seeing real pics of her without having her in my arms.

2. I ordered her too! The wait is going to be torture... I was on the fence about Elfdoll because I didn't care for the design of the bodies. So Ruru was just what I needed to push me over the edge!

3. I liked her initial photo's better than the final batch. She was much softer looking with the dark hair and lighter lips. The blonde wig makes her look like Cher wanna-be. lol

I've ordered her and am hoping with a wig change I can achieve a softer look again. If not, she's going to be getting a make-over on her face too. Either way, I think she's a beautiful sculpt and I can't wait till she gets here. :)

TammyK

4. This is what I thought, too. Ruru is a really beautiful sculpt, but I am not fascinated by the looks they gave her. I don't like divas; I prefer more ethereal beauties. :) Also, it must cause lack in mobility that the torso is one-part.

5. Yeah, what is up with every tan doll having to sport a blonde or white wig? I guess it's the contrast. I, too, will be trying to get back that look that she had in the prototype photos.
      I like the torso...but than again, I am not one to "play" with my dolls. They are more like mannequins for me. Most of my girls have a one piece torso, and it looks great in clothes.

6. I have RuRu in law-a-way .I think she will be a beauty once her persona
      comes to light... My Sooah will be happy to have company..

7. I loved, loved her when I first saw the initial photos. They made me want to get her. Unfortunately, with the heavier makeup in the new faceup I no longer feel that way.

8. She really is lovely. I just ordered Sibara because I really love her too, and she is very limited. But sooo many dolls, so little money! --Terri

9. I am More anxious over the arrival of RuRu than any other doll in my collecting history. I just Love her skin tone and sculpt. I did like her promo photos better but i still want her very Badly. I do feel all the other wigs from the various photos look better than her default wig. Her hands are an improvement over other rainies and to have a Tanned seamless body is Fantastic.

10. I was able to pick up my Sibara Saturday. I cannot tell you how much I love her. I hope Ru Ru brings you as much joy!

11. I'm the same way with the diva-looking dolls. I'm not thrilled with the way her face looks in the last batch, but I suppose it's all preference. :3 I simply adored her Promo photos. Makes me wish I had more money, for sure.

12. Wow... she's really pretty!

13. Congrats to you. I can tell by your post in the Sibara thread, how Happy and Thrilled you are. Everyone who has her Really Love her.If i had the funds, i'm sure i would be Thrilled also. Acquiring RuRu is the Most Anxious i have ever been for any Doll ( except for my Freddy Tan commissioned doll from my Tonner days ). I know i will Love RuRu Big time.

14. I totally agree - I fell in love with the first pics of her, but I don't like the newer pics of her! I think with a darker wig, and darker eyes, she'll look like the first photos! I think a lot of photoshop work was done to the newer pics - the whites of her eyes are whiter than normal! I like the more natural make up from the first pics - the later ones have darker lips and smokier eyes.

I'm really hoping I'll be happy with her! :-)

15. Quite a few collectors jumped off the RuRu Bandwagon after they saw the updated photos. Some potential buyers were turned off by her Darker look.I still feel she is a Great sculpt. I dont know of anybody that prefer her new look over the Promo photos and Why ??? did ElfDoll choose that Blonde wig as her Default wig. I know i will change her wig and if necessary, give her a softer face up. The changes are not enough to make me not want her. I Can not wait to receive her.

16. I understand that Elfdoll are not going to release a standard version of Ruru, but does that mean only in the tanned resin?....I love her face sculpt and would love a normal resin version.

Cheers,
      Flynn.

17. she's beautifull I love her hands!!!