1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Volks Photo Book

May 5, 2006

1. I think, although I'm not 100% sure, that the book is the same release in Japan and Worldwide, but its bi-lingual to an extent, as in, some things are written in Japanese, some in English. Like I said though, I'm not sure on this point.

2. I ordered from the Volksusa site. I don't want to wait until the end of July if other people are getting theirs in early June! :'( And I'm not thrilled about it being mostly Japanese, either, for that price.

3. On the VolksUSA site is says: "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times] Language:Japanese/English."[/FONT]

4. Volks USA replyed to my e-mail, The books are printed in both Japanese and English and they have revised their site as noted in the above post by radiotrash. Also, they noted that there is a time difference between the books being shipped from Japan to Volk USA , then to distribute to the U.S. customers, so shipping will be a bit later then directly from Japan, but will include the coupons. It was a very nice reply from Volks USA. They must be swamped with e-mails. Am going to pre-order them. - Barb

5. So the one bought from Volks International site wont have the coupons?

6. the books from the international site will also have the coupons. from the e-mail from Volks USA

"There is no concern about for the applying for the special editions, such
      like Shiro or Liz, we will enclose the coupons with the books as same as
      Japan site. All conditions are the same as Japan site except the cost
      and shipping date."

So books ordered from Japan have the coupons. -

7. That is soooo~ good to hear. I'll be trying for Shiro and Yukinojo's school outfit. So if any one would like to try for Liz I'm willing to help them out.

Kat

8. I would kill for the chance to get Liz, but I don't want to pay $130 for the coupon. Anybody buying the book but not interested in Liz maybe want to negotiable something for your Liz coupon?

(please-please-please ^^; )

9. I pre-ordered the book too so I can have a chance to get shiro, and you can't buy it from Volks store in Torrence, I already asked them last week I was there. my guess is that the book has English translations since it targets international market.

10. If the book is bilingual, will the DVD of the face-up lesson come with english subtitles too? O__o

11. At Dolpa 15, you could take pictures of the new Shirou, Liz and Yukinojo outfits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, I didn't get a picture of Liz.

Enjoy!

12. I wonder what's the story behind shiro and yuki.
      they have similar necklace as well.
      ~love story??? :ablink:

13. I ordered the book and I'm not interested the Liz coupon. If you want it I can mail to you free of charge. Just let me know if you want it and PM me your address. And as soon as can get the book I will mail the coupon off to you. Just PM a reminder to me when people are getting their books in June.:)

~Briar

14. Why does Yuki have Harry Potter glasses? He's supposed to be a bad boy, ahahah!

15. *groan!* Ohh, Shiro! :aheartbea I am with you, Briar-- I will give anybody my Liz coupon, as long as I am able to nab one of those Shiros. (And that long Yukinojo uniform too. Wuff.)

I filled out that online order-form on May 5, and got an email back instantly, so I do hope that means that at least the book is a given. ..???.. This lottery-to-enter-a-lottery system is quite byzantine. But I still have to say it's better than Tensiya's "open worldwide shopping cart for a supply of 11 items" bloodbath-system.

Yeah! We'd love to know! And that brings up my next question: Are they finally pulling the entire Tokyo Boys story into one place, in that book-- and if so, will we be able to read it?

If anybody has translations of the text they put in those Dolpa catalogs next to the boys' cartoons, I'd very much enjoy knowing what's 'really' going on. (In Volks' minds, anyway.)

Oh, even Bad Yukis can wear glasses sometimes. ;)

16. I'd like to know how this whole thing works actually... being that there was, apparently, only a limited number of books able to be sold, and once that number ran out, that was it. So I wonder if they had a seperate number set out for the intl market...

Nnnng... *waits for book* June isn't so far away now...

17. There is an update on Toppi's Blog on the Volks USA site for the Super Dollfie Photograph book ( and coupons). "If you are ordering the book from the Volks USA site, the coupons will be written in English and are a Volks USA exclusive".

It sounds like there might be a # of the coupon items that will be available through the Volks USA site as it reads:

"The coupons for the limited Items will be enclosed in the book, the instructions for applying will be printed on the coupons.

We only accept the coupons which are exclusively printed for VOLKS USA. We cannot accept other coupons that were printed for Japan international site or Korean Site.

If we receive more applicants, then we will hold a lottery."

18. I wonder if that also means that only those with an order number who bought the book can use the coupons. :( Like, maybe you can't give them to your friends to apply with since they didn't buy the book and don't have an order number?

I seem to remember somthing exclusive like that about the Yukinojo sweatset coupon.

19. As far as I'm aware, Volks have never condoned the idea of giving coupons etc to friends, and you usually have to write your full details on the coupon when sending it in, and they'd probably match it up with their database of who bought the book.

That said, it doesn't negate you from entering the coupons on behalf of your friend, and having your friend send you the money to pay for it should you win. :)

Edit: almost forgot, the Yukinojou sweat set was only available to people who bought Yukinojou. Same as Jun's kitty, Tsukasa's backpack and Isao's wet wig. However, for those I think it was just a coupon you sent in and they couldn't verify who owned the dolls and who didn't -- 'cause not every single person who buys an LE has to give their details to do so, so there was no way to verify.
      But say, for Cecile the Scarface, only if you bought him could you buy his blind eye and captain coat/hat set, and they knew exactly who bought him. Since you have to pre-order the books in a similar manner, it's possible they could limit it in the same way. But as I said, if you enter them yourself on the behalf of your friends, I can't see it really being a problem. ^_^

20. ??? Gadzooks, how confusing does this GET? The link we originally got was http://www.volks.co.jp/en/event/sd_photographs/index.html, and that's what I used to order... And now we find out that they did make an English one? Balzac.

If the two sites are so independent of each other, then I wonder if they'd nail you for trying to purchase two (one on each site)?