1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

new volks tenshi no sato Yuki? (you tenshi)

Nov 19, 2004

1. Well if the company is copying Volks then they have every right to sue them and force them to change their molds. But Volks has also tried to sue other companies that don't directly copy...and been unsuccessful. Therefore this is their response to the competition. I really don't see the problem with this. I mean it's unfair that all these other companies can copy off a particular Volks idea and Volks just has to sit there and take it. And these Super Dollfie type dolls ARE a copy of Volks ideas. BJD have been around a long time, but there' s been no BJD type doll remotely like Super Dollfie (bjd made of resin, in this particular size, with these particular proportions that are fully customizable in this way), until Volks came around. They were the pioneers for this.

I do agree...perhaps they should be focusing more on their original lines. But if they want to respond to competition, I have no issue with that. SD Cute is a response to Unoa, but Volks goes out and takes one step further and delivered an amazing doll with incredible posing abilities that no other BJD has yet to match currently. They put their own special touch with it. Even if you don't like their latest dolls sculpts (Mikey's style seems not appeal to everyone), you cannot deny their dolls are still very well made and high quality. It's not like they are slacking off and delivering horrible quality dolls. You may not like the direction they are taking with their face molds, but that doesn't mean they are losing their quality. As for their standard makeup...well, it's standard it's not meant to be anything amazing. You're meant to change it. Personally I like the new standard makeup MUCH more then the old one. Unless you are talking about the limiteds? I think that depends on who paints it....Kyon's work is still as lovely as ever imho.

Hey, I'm not the biggest fan of Mikey's molds myself, so I can understand being disappointed with all the latest dolls. But I still have faith in them. :)

Oh and about FCS, apparently that's not even going to be unique to Volks for long because I've heard that CH is supposed to be coming out with a similar system...

2. boy, I have to strongly dissagree there...! While everyone may not like Mikey's molds, I don't think its a decline in quality, this is just a personal esthetic thing...! I tend to prefer molds based on Kyon's stuff... but keep in mind that for instance... I really didnt like the SD13 girls (nana, kira, etc...) original molds. I think the new SD13 girls they are making (by a different sculptor than the original sd13 girls' molds) are much more appealing, like say Madoka and Yori for example...?

and the facial paint "quality" on Kaede is great, it's very nicely done. It's just a question of whether you prefer her face, or prefer her faceup, you know? it's not that she's low on quality. in fact I'd say the opposite, her joints, construction, and innovation are VERY high on quality. She poses better than any Volks doll yet, IMHO. The question is whether you like the STYLE of her face. I totally will admit that I"m not a huge fan of the style of her face, but the posing totally sells me. I'll have her repainted to be a lil different style and hopefully that will do it, but again, it's not a problem of QUALITY. :)

3. in one of your posts you mentioend there would be to auctions for yuki? maybe i misinterpreted that sentence?

4. 39900 is a very reasonable price. Especially if it's a limited doll.

5. Oh, sorry, that was bad phrasing on my part. :oops:

In my post, I was mentioning that on Yahoo!Japan, a lot of Japanese people are auctioning off their "Purchase coupons" for Yuki.

I saw at least ten auctions where people either had extra purchase coupons, and would sell them to the highest bidder... or they were willing to pick up extras, for people who already had the coupons but couldn't make it to Tenshi no Sato or whatever.

I saw one auction that had a picture of the coupon/invitation to the "Dollfie Mother" event, and it apparently comes with a free coupon (saabisu ken) for cake and tea. Hmmm...

6. Wow, not only is she cute, but she's pretty inexpensive for a Volks limited. :D I think that if they plan on making standard relase dolls like her, they'll be very affordable compared to Sweey/Jr. Ai/etc. Which is neat because I love the little ones.

7. Its alright hun =).

iinntersitng though

8. I didn't mean the makeup in particular, though it is a problem (with me at least). I understand alot of people like volks dolls and ONLY volks dolls, but i meant the problems lately with missing peices to their dolls, double peices, ect that seems to be prevelant. Luts had its face up problem, but like i said. It's my personal opinion.

I don't like volks dolls as much as other dolls, so i'm not as "bound" to the company as other people :oops:

And of course, with kaede, the idea is you take someone's idea and make it BETTER, otherwise, why would people buy yours over the original?

9. In regards to the original topic (that is, the little cute angelic doll ^^) if I read my Dolpa 12 guidebook correctly, they are giving away three of the little doll as presents to people who fill out the questionnaire in the back of the Guidebook and hand it in on the day. It'll be a lottery or some such. ^^ (Don't quote me on this, I wasn't paying a lot of attention when I read it.. I'll go back and doublecheck later.)

10. wow, that's pretty awesome O_O

11. :grin: Oh how precious that little angel is! Too bad it will be limited, if it were a new line of Volks dolls in that size and with those wings, I would buy one.

12. Oh gosh, thanks for posting that auction, Gina!

According to the color photos on the auction:

Youtenshi Yuki comes on a special Asexual Youtenshi (infant angel) body

She has a special "shupitto" (?? Spit? Schpit?) function, which means that certain body parts attach/detach using magnets!

The Yuki version wings attach using this magnet system!!

Since they are making as many of these dolls as they receive pre-orders for, there will hopefully be quite a few on the secondary market... and hopefully the Youtenshi will become a regular fixture at Tenshi no Sato! (We can always hope, right?)

13. wow, it does kinda seem like they're pushing the "mary mother" thing??

So how big is little yuki compared to like, say,... an msd? is she petite ai sized, or pocket fairy sized?

14. well, they did list all those genderless angel dolls as standard only in tenshi no sato. Theyre available for purchase (Byakuren, Tsubaki, Shiratori).

Wow. Magnet system. That's.... really cool. And it has a waist joint, which willhelp him sit up better. Now see, that magnet system, i'm liking that. I might have to get one too now .. unless they decide to sell the body seperately. I don't really like the facemold, but man.. a cute uriel head on an advance body like that...

15. The one auction link lists the eye size at 16mm (I think!) so I doubt they are as small as the Pocket Fairies.. maybe closer to Petite Ai?

16. do they have a "name" for the type of super dollfie she is? (ie like MSD, SD, SD13, SDC?)

17. She's a "you tenshi" -- I think that's how you read the kanji, anyway. (That's a long 'o' sound btw, so it's pronounced "yoh", not "you" as in the English word you.)

The kanji means very young, or childlike, so rather suitable I guess. ^^ And the body type is a you tenshi asexual body.

18. Um, I can't see the link. I'm just taken to the Yahoo!Japan Login page. Is there another way to see it? Please? ^^; I love these smaller dolls!