1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

new volks tenshi no sato Yuki? (you tenshi)

Nov 19, 2004

1. you can see competed auctions on rinkya.com. :)

2. hmm, If I'm not wrong, the magnets are for the attachment of the angel wings.. right? :?

3. From what I can see, they look like they're about petite ai sized... I'd still get a mini may instead...That my 2 cents..

4. yeah, I do too

5. It is very odd. But they're chubby little darlings. Not chubby per say, but not skinny.

6. Here's a rough draft translation for you -- probably rife with mistakes but you can get the general gist. Sorry I can't tidy it up, but I'm meant to be studying for my mid-term. (Since it's Japanese, does this count as studying? ^_~)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Downtown Kyoto where the angels swoop down.

At Tenshi no Sato (literal: at this village of angels) they were finally able to meet the SD mother, the Virgin Mary.

Beneath the wonderful Virgin Mary statue that Akihiro Enku put all his life's skill as a modeller into creating, the tiny angels flocked together, and within this solemn atmosphere, their charming figures filled the hearts of the participating owners with delight.

From here on, from Tenshi no Sato, countless SD and angels and other creations will be born from the hand of the Virgin Mary, so perhaps you would all enjoy coming here to visit.

I hope with all my heart that all of the SD that are delivered, will be able to receive love and affection from their owners for their eternal lives.

Also, on that day, I am grateful to all of you that spoke to me with such buoyant voices. With the help of your precious opinions, hopes, and impressions, I will continue to put all of my effort and studying into creating more and more wonderful items.

if you can somehow come and see for yourself the figure of the Virgin Mary who has descended to the village where the angels are born, you'll find it to be a joyful experience without equal.

7. good lords... so freaking cute XD

are we allowed to grab and run XD~~

akihiro sculpted the virgin mary O_________________O?

true... XD how true... XD except for my bank balance XD

thanks for all the info everyone ^^

8. wow that is soooooooo cute. they're like tribbles. hehe!

9. Thanks so much Cassiel! If it counted, I'd give you brownie points on your mid term for this :D

Haha! It does sort of look like buffet of dollies..

10. Apparently my friend in Japan got one of the invitations to the "Dollfie Mother" event from 11/20 to 11/23. (And she didn't even tell me! *sob*)

She mentioned that on the invitation card, it was implied that Volks had been working on a baby-sized SD all along (suggesting that this wasn't just an obvious attempt to captitalize on the popularity of Petite AI, LeekeDoll, and other toddler-size dolls)... as well as a doll type that was even older than SD13.

Not having seen the invitation cards myself (beyond what's been scanned for Y!J auctions), I can only offer this as a tantalizing rumor rather than any solid info on whether this was just pie-in-the-sky planning on Volks' part, or if these are still projects that are going on. But it certainly is interesting, and I'd be interested if anybody on DOA had an invitation (and associated papers) that could be scanned and shared.

11. Soo.......the Virgin Mary........is the mother..of SDs? What the heck is that all about? It's so weird! It's like a weird dollfie cult!

12. I think the Virgin Mary thing is quite typical. No offense meant to Japanese people, but to me it seems that some of them think of the outward signs of Christianism as of something quaint and fashionable that gives cachet to their lives. For example, many young couples, though they are not Christian, are married by a priest in a church, the bride in a white dress and veil. It seems like to them it's just a backdrop. I'm not offended by this as I'm not a Christian myself but I'm astonished that there are priests who go along with this kind of "cosplay". Yes, that's what it reminds me of, cosplay. And the taking of a memorial photo of your SD with the Virgin Mary statue also sounds very Japanese to me, as many Japanese people love "kinen shashin" and ceremonies. So, definitely weird to Western eyes, but not really surprising in the context, I think.

13. Now, that is what I want to hear more about. *waits impatiently for huge gozangas*

14. HUAHAHHAHAHA when I did read it a image of dollfies in a church praying for this virgin mary XDDDD to get good owners or askinf to the owner stop cross-dressing... things like that XDDDD
      that was funny!

15. Yesterday during the preparations for Thanksgiving, I tried reading to my best friend and her husband from the Gospel of Super Dollfie: "And on this page limited editon Dollpa exclusive Cyndy descended..."

They were having none of it, and went back to talking about soccer.

16. Sa, that's true. We westerners do the same thing, though -- appropriate eastern religious symbols, art, etc for aesthetic sake. When you don't have a strong connection to the religion behind it, it's just like any other mythology or symbolism. (Westerners even do it with western religion -- Christmas is no longer celebrated mainly for its ostensible Christianness).

I don't find the Virgin Mary thing offensive (I'm not Christian, but I don't think I would even if I were), but I do find it a bit creepy. I frankly don't want to think about my dollfie having any sort of mother, let alone the virgin mary :P

17. I'm Christian. And I don't think it is offensive. I don't know why it should be...

18. The picture reminds me of those 'frescoes' by classic old painters, done for the domes of cathedrals. With cherubs fluttering about. Someone @ Volks must be an art enthusiast and seen a painting and adopted artistic license in their promo pic.

Historical note: Depictions or personifications of the virgin Mary or other Saints in art (paintings or sculpture), were encouraged by the church in Rome, as a 'tool' to further instill 'christian belief' in the masses. Hence, no one exactly knows how any of the Saints, Mary or Jesus or prior people of the Bible look like exactly. What we see in Art or in Church are an individual's (or individuals) own personal 'aestethics' (sp??) of how the said above persons look like.

*back to doll talk*