1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

News from the LA Halloween Party

Oct 30, 2006

1. My husband and I also heard "new" doll. They said that they had been planning her and thinking about her for a long time and they were glad to finally be able to release her in December. They said that they keep thinking of her.

2. This is summer 2007, not 2008, right?

3. Here's what I remember (and I missed the bit about the new/re-issue doll for December).

For June next year they will be holding a Two Day Dolpa in NYC with a special day for taking FCS orders and a painting class! So you will be able to order FCS from the east coast finally!

For October or Fall, they will have "Japanese style Dolpa" in Los Angeles, which will be too big for the mansion, so they will be holding it at a Hotel. They are going to rent a 747 to bring 500 Dealers AND Fans to LA. They want everyone who sews and makes things for dolls to start now, as they want dealers from the US as well. They didn't say when you can start signing up, this was a heads up.

4. OMG will the NYC Dolpa be as big?:fangirl: And I always seem to find out about Dolpas at the very last second... How do I stay up to date on Volks US events? Do they have some kind of mailing list or something?:sweat Please pardon my Ignorance, I just want to be able to make it to the NYC Dolpa again next year:D without haveing to worry if I can get someone to take me:(
      -Anthony

5. The NYC Dolpa will not have the dealers room. Sounds like it will be similar to the last one, but with a second day for placing FCS orders and the painting classes.

6. Anyone know how much the painting classes cost; and whether or not the US ones will be passing out/selling the school heads..? ^^;

7. We were only given a basic announcement. The details probably haven't been planned (especially since Shigeta-san changed it from having it be one day to two days while he was ON STAGE.) so none of us know the details or what will happen. Just keep and eye out on the Volks USA page.

8. If you won a certificate at the Halloween party and haven't used it yet, be sure to go order from VolksUSA and use them up! The deadline is December 31st. Thanks to Daniel Falls for notifying me originally!

9. I found out that after you order your items though Volks USA and post your certificate in the comments box, you also have to send in your certificates before they'll process your order! Alex

10. I might be reading this wrong, but... is the NYC Dolpa going to be more like a 2 day temperary Volks store than a normal Dolpa that we see in Japan? havbe they said anything on the release of limiteds there or anything?

11. Does anyone have any new information...I just want to bump this up for that.