1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ninodoll Discussion

Jul 1, 2005

1. I've painted the Juri head - here she is when I had her beside her (potential) younger sister Peggy (RML K-01 head on Dollstown Elf body):
      [​IMG]

The Bada head didn't come out nearly so well - it needs wiping and will have to wait until I have a chance to repaint it so I can do the same compatibility test with Peggy and choose whether Juri or Bada will become my Nancy.

Teddy

2. Well, it looks like the fates have decided for me

My second attempt at painting the Bada head came out beautifully... right up to the final coat of MSC, whihc turned out to be the end of the can, and it spluttered out with lumps. Everywhere the lumps hit softened all the layers so they took all the blush and paint off in patches in those areas... that's the second complete wipe-and-restart the Bada head has needed so I think the Fates are trying to tell me that the Juri head is the one destined to be my Nancy.

I've got more MSC on order, but it's coming from the Far-East, by sea, so will take a while to reach me. Perhaps, now the decision has been made, the curse will have lifted by the time the MSC arrives and I can successfully paint Bada to see how the head comes out... of course, that might mean I want to keep it instead of selling it on, which will mean getting a body for it - but those are the risks you take, right?

Teddy

3. Look look look look! My Ninodoll Shampoo has her face-up! :D

[​IMG]

Now I REALLY cannot wait to have her home! :)

4. Beautiful!

Teddy

5. My girl is home. Gosh, how I love her!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Oh my - hasn't she come out just beautiful

Teddy

7. That Juri head is so gorgeous. I have been wanting to see an owner picture.

8. It is a lovely sculpt.

The Bada is a nice one too - but I think mine is jinxed - After waiting for more MSC to reach me (by sea since the can't aerosols by air and nowhere local had stocks), I've had two more disastrous attempts to give it a face-up. The first tone, I grabbed the head from where it's been waiting since I cleaned the previous one off, took it outside and sprayed it with a couple of initial coats of MSC... only to realise as the light caught it, that it had acquired a fine layer of dust, which I had now neatly sealed under two layers of MSC.

Cleaned off and resprayed I got down to the next attempt, which just came out too awful to keep. The head is now cleaned and resprayed ready for another attempt but I'm beginning to lose hope for this head.

Teddy

#88 Teddy, May 10, 2014
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    9. I still haven't done a successful faceup on the Bada head. I'm hoping that, now I have a body for it, the "curse" will be broken and attempt number four will work, but I haven't had time to work on a faceup since the body arrived, and might not have time to do it before September rolls around.

In the meantime, my Juri/DollsTown 13 girl, Nancy, went to her first meet on Saturday:[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Teddy

#89 Teddy, Jul 22, 2014
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    10. I've had this boy for a really long time. ive never bonded with him, but i always hung onto him... I decided to try and get him a different body... and that didnt work, so yesterday i finally fixed the original one he had, and i got a wig in that i think really suits him. I'm not entirely sure his name yet, but i think hes my cutesy, frilly, fruits style type boy!

[​IMG]Boys boys boys by kittywolf13, on Flickr

11. Hoping to revive this thread!
      I love Ninodoll sculpts, and am planning on getting a Bada next time they are released. Any advice on what body to put him on? I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what would work... There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about these dolls.

12. Another attempt at revival...

Today I received a body for the Bada head which arrived on Monday...meet Bertie! (His little friend and partner-in-crime in the picture is Anais, who is a Volks Anais - funnily enough...:lol:)
      [​IMG]

He's turned out a perfect, if very naughty looking, little boy - I think he's persuading her to take part in some mischief or other!

Alicex

13. He certainly has that look of Mischief-in-the Making about him, Alice.

Teddy

14. My Bada head came home yesterday.

He's called Bobbin (short for Roberto) and I have him on a Volks SD10 (two-part torso, long-leg) boy body. He was painted by MadamMauMau

Here he is with Jean-Claude (Volks SchoolA SD13 boy) and Arin (DollsTown 7Year boy):
      [​IMG]

Teddy

#94 Teddy, Jul 27, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    15. Does anyone have a comparison of Ninodoll and Dollzone Normal Yellow skin?

16. Considering the new DD head came out recently I want to bump this thread. I ordered him, anyone else also get the new head?

17. @KiwiNinamori I ordered the Smile DD head. Trying to find information on what bodies the head would look good on but no luck

18. In terms of colour match Volks normalskin and DollsTown Oriental skin work.

In terms of size, I don't have the Smile head but it would probably work with quite a lot of bodies in the SD size range.

I have Bada on SD10 boy body but it would also work on SD13 boy or girl and, I think, on SD16 boy in terms of proportions (but not in relative age of body-to-face-sculpt in the case of Bada, which always looks very young to me - the Smile sculpt looks like it could go a lot older - or younger - depending on faceup).

I have Juri on DollsTown 13Year girl body, which makes her bigger and sturdier than any of my other SD sizerange BJD, though smaller than my husband's SD16 and Limhwa Mano boys.

Teddy

19. @Teddy My friend told me that Popodoll 68cm body would work too

20. Cool!

Hopefully you can compile a list to choose from.

Teddy