1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ninodoll Discussion

Jul 1, 2005

1. Only some disturbingly eyeless and unpainted shots in a borrowed wig and dress:
      [​IMG]

She is still eyeless and unpainted but I can snap a shot without the dress if you want a better idea of the proportions....?

EDITED TO ADD:
      I ran in the other room with my camera for some shots to show the proportions better - I hope these help, Nancy:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

You don't need an instagram account - you can just email, as it says on the website:

- How to order
      Please send your info below to [​IMG](lowercase)

Name :
      Address :
      Phone number :
      Head type/Quantity :
      Paypal Address :

Teddy

#141 Teddy, Jul 14, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    2. @Teddy, Thank you! Those pictures are a big help!

3. My bad! I thought that since it said "DM please" on the IG post, it meant they only wanted contact that way. Some smaller bjd companies are like that, because it's easier for them to keep track of orders.

4. That's a bit short-sighted of them - not everybody is on Instagram (or Facebook or any of those type of social-media outlets). I'd certainly find it vey offputting and certainly wouldn't sign up for an account just to be able to order a doll.

Teddy

5. I can understand that. At the same time, if it's a one-person thing they do on the side, I suppose it's easier to administrate orders with just one channel. No idea if that's the case with Ninodolls, though!

6. Thanks again, for all the information. I do have an Instagram account, but I haven't posted there. It's just for browsing. I had wondered about using the email as shown on the web site, but since the sale hasn't been announced there, I figured Instagram was the preferred method this time. Either way, I'm excited and so glad the sale was posted here. I suppose there might be a post in the news thread at some point, as it gets closer to the ordering period. But knowing ahead of time lets me plan a little better.

Teddy - Shampoo looks really nice on the Dollstown 7-year body. I wouldn't have thought of it, myself.

7. I don't think anything changes on the website until the start date of the sale period arrives.

Thanks.

To be honest, I didn't think of it myself, initially. I was looking for other bodies she'd work on and tried her on bodies from several of my existing dolls (I already knew the head worked on the DollsTown Elf body as several people have done that), when it struck me that quite a lot of heads that work on the DollsTown Elf body also work on the 7Year body, and gave it a try on the body of one of my 7Year kids.

Teddy

8. Shampoo really does look good on that body. Makes me wonder if any of the boy heads would work on smaller bodies too.

9. I think the Shampoo head is considerably smaller than the other "SD-sized" heads (it's certainly smaller than the Bada head and even smaller compared to the Juri head), so it would take some experimentation to find out.

Bada is the next smallest Ninodoll head that I have, I could try that head on the DollsTown 7Year and Elf bodies if you like....?

Teddy

10. That would be wonderful, if you could!

11. It might be a day or two before I get the chance (theatre trip straight from work tonight - Noises Off, one of my favourite comedies - Yay!) but I'll post pictures once I've had the chance to give it a try.

Teddy

12. [​IMG]
      Shampoo is my Most Favoritest Doll Ever. Not as flashy as some of the newer dolls (I heart Fairyland), but she has such a sweet innocence. She will always be the one I keep.

When I bought the head, Ninodoll's artist said that she sculpted the head for an SD10 body. I went through several bodies until I found one that I liked. I couldn't get a hold of an SD10, and the SD13 that I had looked way too big. She finally found her Forever Body in the Customhouse (AI Dolls, now Luts) SD. I had to sand the neck shorter. She is as tall as any of my other SDs, but I think the slimness of the body makes it work.

I've heard that she is a really good fit for the Rosette School of Doll body, which was a 50-something cm body. It looks like Soom might be selling this body now? The webpage is hard to navigate.

13. @Natsunekko, I love Shampoo on that body...! The original Custom House bodies are really lovely I think, so graceful...although not very good posers, LOL!

I used to have one of the Rosette School girls and wouldn't have thought they'd fit, as they seemed just like a long-legged mini and the head was a 6-7 so really small, but great if someone has made it work!

Shampoo and Momo are 2 of the sculpts that I want so bad but have never managed to organise getting them...

I have Anna and Bada though...here is my Bada, Bertie, with his bestie, Anais (a Volks SD Anais) having an 'I can see forever from this tree' moment...

[​IMG]

14. What a great pose! I love the costuming, too. Thanks for sharing!

15. There is a Ninodoll pre-order starting Aug 1!

16. I'm so sorry, I promptly forgot all about doing this.

I just did a couple of quick shots of Bada on the DollsTown Elf body:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

A little bit bobble-headed for my liking but not too bad and it's all a matter of taste.

Teddy

17. Hmm, I think it looks great...better clothed of course...but yeah.

Shampoo and Momo...it's creeping up on me that they will need to join my crew. Although which one, I don't know...and I think I need to weed the herd a bit...

18. I finally had a chance to take a stab at a faceup for my shampoo head. It's not perfect, and one set of eyelashes needs attention, but it will do for now.

She hasn't a name yet, but I think she really works well on the DollsTown 7Year body:
      [​IMG]

EDITED TO ADD : Named at last - Delphinium, or Phinnie for short.

Teddy

#158 Teddy, Aug 21, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    19. Shane has a face up now

[​IMG]

20. Wonderful to see that lovely smiley sculpt all painted and styled.

Teddy