1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

No-Buy, Low-Buy?

Aug 2, 2018

1. I bought my last doll in March of 2019, so it's been over a year for me! Mostly cause my current collection of OCs feels complete. All of the other dolls I have toyed with wanting to buy have been of characters from some form of media, but I've bought and sold a lot of those during my time in the hobby since once I find a new piece of media to fixate on the interest in the doll goes away. So I guess I've gotten to know myself well enough that I know better than to invest in yet another fan doll no matter how perfect of a sculpt I may have found for them or how cute I think it would be.

2. I think I will try to live up to the no-buy or low buy after my very first doll get's here. While I am window shopping like a fiend I still want to try to make the clothes and accessories before resorting to purchasing them.

3. I'm on a low buy because I'm narrowing down what I like. I've realised I prefer really tiny dolls(pukipuki size), so I'm trying to thin out all but one of my dolls that aren't that size.
      I just back into the hobby last year thinking I knew what I wanted. I'm realising I should have went a little slower to get a real feel for everything.
      Plus it forces me to learn how to diy more. I taught myself how to make a brush yarn wig and made my first pair of shoes.

4. I'm no buy atm(money :C) but I'll probably be permanently low-buy. I'm quality over quantity and soooo picky about getting dolls

5. I'm going into a low-to-no-buy, hopefully as of now, until November when I start Christmas shopping. I got a little carried away again lately, and I need to slow down. So all I'm buying is stuff for my modding, and otherwise, I'm cut off.

6. While waiting for my grail doll to arrive (stuck in the crazy poatal black hole for 2 months-still waiting). I'm not buying any more dolls till I have an idea about what direction he will go in. I'm trying hard not to go overboard buying him cloths and accessories. Lol that has not gone to plan. But from now I'm not buying him anything till he arrives. ...trying not to..

7. Yes, and hopefully I can stick to it! The last doll purchase that I made was in March, and I've been really good about staying away from resin since then. The poor multitude of dolls that I own are terribly short on clothing, and I have been trying to funnel my money into getting them dressed and spiffy before I buy them any new friends. :sweat

8. Right now I really need to do that- I love working on project dolls and Im always incredibly tempted to purchase more roughed up dolls when I see them but I really need to make sure my collection doesn't end up as a nudest colony! I have 4 dolls in hand and 3 awaiting production/delivery... and I have 1 wig, 1 set of eyes and basically no permanent clothes yet.

So next few paychecks should probably focus more on my collection rather than a doll that looks like it was thrown from a car lol

9. I think I'll be going no-buy, in terms of full dolls, for a while. I just recently ordered a doll and she'll be my last full doll purchase while I focus on other things in the meantime. I want to focus on getting bodies for floating heads and more clothes.

10. I need to be on a no-buy period for a while. I'm currently waiting on two mature tinies, a Bluefairy Pocket Fairy, and my first mini. So many of my dolls are blank, waiting for me to give them face-ups.

11. I definitely need to be on a “no buy, low buy“ for the foreseeable future. After 15 years in this hobby, I’ve absolutely run out of room for anything larger than a teeny-tiny. I’ve collected fairly slowly (about 3 dolls per year, with full accoutrements and displays,) but this slow and steady approach has really added up over the years and yielded me an amazing collection of just under 50 dolls already!:o

#31 PoeticSoul, Oct 14, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    12. I’m no-buy on dolls indefinitely and very low-buy for accessories for at least the rest of this year. I just don’t have enough space right now to properly display my dolls, and my work’s entering busy season so it’s hard for me to find enough free time to properly sort the rest of my junk and clear out space to set up a display case. On the bright side, it forces me to think long and hard about whether I “need” to have that new doll outfit, or if that wig would really be perfect...

13. I think I do no-buy most of the time, haha! I just purchased my 4th doll recently, and I've been in and out of the hobby for the past 8 years! I don't really like to buy extra clothes or accessories either - I plan out one nice outfit/look for each doll.

I have been focusing more of my time on related hobbies though. I'm still working on my first dollhouse for my Lati Yellow. Just finished doing the windows last weekend. and hoping to stain the popsicle-stick flooring this weekend! Building a dollhouse is so time consuming. I'm hoping to buy another dollhouse kit after I finish this one and do even better on it. Afterwards, I'd like to build a 1/6 or 1/4 scale roombox for my other dolls.

14. I keep telling myself to have a no-buy phase so I can spend more time dressing my dolls instead of acquiring new ones, but I keep failing at that... :sweat

15. I've been on a pretty long no-buy period now. To be totally honest a pretty low BJD period in general actually.Mostly because of some very demanding studies, followed by a job that, while amazing and I love it has a commute that's 1 - 1.5h single way.
      Gained some other hobbies along the line as well and a boyfriend that lives 2 hours away. So not much time for new dolls.

I even decided to sell of some dolls because of the lack of time but of cayrse, then you just start seeing aal the new, amazing dolls that have come out over those couple years and the itch is back again. :XD:

16. I did a no-buy from the end of December 2019 until mid March 2020, and after my very impulsive Black Cherry purchase the other day, I'm on a strict no-buy until further notice, with the exception of a very special doll for my fiancee. If Black Cherry Meihua is released again for sale soon (and I think she will be), I'll be buying one. Other than that, absolutely no more dolls until at least 2021!!!

17. I am on a no-buy untill I finish my 3 dolls... My last is still on her way Home and others are still halfbaked, eyeless etc...

18. Well...first quarter of 2021 is nearly done, we are buying another home so I’m going back on a resin ‘no buy’ for the rest of the calendar year to push more money towards both the houses. So instead of doll shopping/buying, my focus will be display/photography. :love
      There, it’s posted, so it’s official!

19. I'm definitely going try doing this for a while, at least until all of the dolls that I'm 100% keeping are all finished. A few of my dolls were bought on impulse and I'm still super unsure if I even want to do anything with them. I hope that once my latest doll purchase arrives I'll be content enough to not window shop for dolls for a while and work on the ones I have!

20. I'm very much in a low/no buy state. I have plenty of dolls, and I rarely sell mine. Having super picky standards keeps doll acquisition in check.