1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobilitydoll : "My Ball Joint Doll"

Dec 31, 2007

1. How exciting! This seems to be a trend- but I don't blame them with how popular minimees have become. I like that they have a tanned option.

2. Has anyone looked into the copyright issues with these dolls? Are the manga publishers okay with their characters being recreated as BJD?

3. this looks very enticing to make your own unique doll!

4. Has anyone seen any custom dolls based on real people by Nobility yet? I'm really interested, especially with a custom body.

5. well, It seems like the prices are Really varied. I put in stuff to see how much it would be for a FULL custom Lindsey Macdonald (from the TV show 'Angel') would be, And with custom body and everything it only came out to about $1600...
      Head alone was $400
      $1000 For a fairly muscular/stocky body.

6. I asked for a quote on my "naga" girl, and they said they could do her, so I guess a mermaid isnt too far from a Naga?

7. I asked about a non-famous human doll, with a custom body. They quoted me $500.00 for the head and $1100.00 for the body. They also said they're working hard on an example of a real person and that it should be finished sometime soon.

8. Anyone else given this a try? I just sent in my payment for a custom elf girl who is somewhat based on a certain model. The body is just their standard girl bod, but she'll be in a darker tan. I'm excited, and I'll put updates here, but has anyone else gotten one yet?

9. I'm waiting to see some photos of some work they have done. It's not so much the price, but how accurately they can sculpt from references that has me waiting. DIM is good, but more often than not it ends up looking weird (I think it is the skin tone. Such a pale skin tone really doesn't look right on a lot of Minimees). Or the Minimee comes back with weird eye sockets you have to sand to get them to look like their preview.

10. I would love to have the basic Ryoma. He looks so mysterious. I like how customizable the options are, but again, pretty expensive.

11. Hmm, I don't know if it's okay to revive this thread but I was curious if anyone has used this service at all since then? Owo

I discovered it on accident the other day and the idea amused me like you wouldn't believe. If only I had more money to blow right now.

12. They have pictures of heads made after photos...I think it looks horrible ^^'

13. I disagree. They're currently working on mine. Here is the in-progress pic they sent.

[​IMG]

I'm very happy with the progress so far. She's somewhat based on model Wakeema Hollis' face, but with a more elfin look and pointed ears. She'll be cast in a dark tan.

14. I love how they're doing on your girl's eyes and ears, very captivating.

And they seem to be following the reference you provided fairly well. D: I liked how the first doll turned out from nobility doll, but not quite the second/third.

I'm considering commissioning them for a mermaid BJD, and asking if I can have an Aria head instead of a custom one for the D option. Sent in quick sketches to ask them for a price quote. Yours was 400USD right?

Also! How is their english/communication?

15. Mine was actually 800USD. I'm having them do a custom head and a standard girl body in dark tan.

They're very friendly, but it's best to use very simple, very clear English when communicating. Their English is not the best, but it's possible to get your point across, especially with illustrations. Pictures help.

16. She's looking great! Can't wait to see her finished.

17. oh *sara* i was curious about these, and that looks amazing, i would buy that head if it were available, i never seriously considered having a specific sculpt made, i may have to investigate this, i am very intrigued. so the body is included in the price as well?

18. @Sara-wow I hope you post pics of her when you get her :) She looks almost exactly like the reference pic we can see in the background :) I say almost cause she's still blue and you had a few adaptations you wanted done like the ears. It's cool to see so many talented bjd creators giving us so many options!

19. Oh wow, that does look pretty good! X3 I wish I had the money to get this done...I'd get my Damon made in a heartbeat. I LOVE the miho mold and all, it's just not really working for the character it's meant to be. :c

20. Oh these are lovely - I like them much better than minimee for some reason. I wish I could afford one but never mind, I can save.