1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobilitydoll : "My Ball Joint Doll"

Dec 31, 2007

1. Wow I wish I had more money... I already have a couple of dolls I would love to be made!

2. oh that's wonderful, i hope you are going to join us! yes, they stated on the order page, that they won't respond to random questions, weird? but, i find them to be very nice!

3. It might not be for some time cause I need to save up. But i will be getting my character done by them yes ^^

4. If you have one, I'd like to see it! Seems like there are a bunch of threads for Minimees, but not for Nobility's custom doll service.
      I don't have a doll :...( So, I'd love to see other peoples' ones.
      lol I'm really interested in custom made molds all of a sudden...

5. Just wondering if anyone else has gone for this. I would love to find out more and see more comparison pics from owners from the pics they sent in to the finished product.

*Sara*'s girl looks absolutely amazing, btw! XD

6. i have..... i placed an order on 3/03 and am sadly still waiting..... what i now know, is that i would not use this service for any kind of realistic looking sculpt. their style seems to be more stylized, anime type of sculpting. if you want a fantasy character, this might be an option for you. i sent them a face that was highly ethnic in appearance, and just did not end up at all what i had envisioned. so i asked for revisions to push the sculpt further into the fantasy category. i am having one in tan, and one in white so they are opposites.... and hopefully in the end, will be a mermaid character. i have no idea when i will actually have my heads.... it's 6 months now waiting.....

7. SIX MONTHS??? o_O That's because of making changes to the sculpt as requested, or is that their standard working time? That seems a little severe. >__<;

8. well, it took some poking to get even the first preview pics. i think i saw them after 3-4 months,then they revised and that took another 2 months and now they are supposedly casting i am waiting, and nothing yet....

9. Would you mind sharing the pics you sent them and then their in-progress pics? I'm very interested to see what level of difficulty they're working with and how close they come to what's being requested of them. If it's a problem sharing the pics because they're your own design or something, I understand.

Thanks either way!

10. yeah, ok.... you asked for it, now be nice.... it's really quite shocking if you are not prepared.....

this is my model, i had hoped for something in her likeness, as she has the most wonderful facial features.....
      [​IMG]

this is what they sent.... i was like *_* you gotta be kidding me
      [​IMG]

so.... i sent this with instructions for things i wanted changed, the cheeks fuller, the chin longer and fuller, the bottom lip rounder and fuller, the eyes with a bit more definition, and i also asked them to make her ears larger and put fins on them so that i could hopefully use her as a mermaid character.
      [​IMG]

and this is the revision.... at this point i realized there was nothing more that could be done to salvage it and told them to go ahead with the casting. i do think with her mermaid body that she will eventually have, i can make something interesting with this project, at least i hope.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thanks for sharing your pics! Sorry to hear you don't think she turned out. It's interesting to see their working process, though.

I'm waiting for them to quote me a price. I think they should fit what I'm looking for. :D

12. Has anyone else used this service?

Also, if it's not too personal -how much did you pay and for which set of options?

I was quoted $1350 for my doll: $400 for just the head and $950 for the custom body. That seemed a little high compared to the prices that you get using the drop box options from their order page.

Thanks!

13. those prices are accurate as far as i can tell, i got 2 heads for $500-ish, and i have just ordered a custom body in a GO and the price for one body was $950 and each extra after that up to 5 altogether is $760

14. These are pricey but seem really cool Id love to see pics of all these dolls when they get home ^^

15. finally my doll heads have shipped, after 6 months of waiting, so hopefully i can post her soon.

16. I'm excited to see the pictures you'll take of her. I'm sure she'll look different from the preview pics. Sorry that you're not entirely happy with her, but I actually really like her unique face, even if she's not dead-on to the model. A faceup will probably make a world of difference. I'm still trying to decide what to have them make next, as I definitely want to give it another go.

Also, my girl is finally on her way home from Lynsey with her faceup, and I'm going to spam the heck out of her. She posted the preview in her commission thread here - [link] Needless to say, I'm ridiculously happy. :D

17. Oh, wow *Sara*! She looks REALLY nice. I like the faint scar! Lynsey did a great job!

18. oh *sara* she does look wonderful.... what a strong facial sculpt, i love that about her, and the face up is very striking..... i have grown to like my head more, i just had a different vision in the beginning, i'm sure a face up will really bring her to life....:)

19. Yeah! I would love to see how your girl looks with a faceup. XD Especially I think you said you were getting a mermaid body? That should be really cool when it all comes together. :3

20. Miss Ally, sorry to see/hear she wasn't what you had wanted :(
      I do like the first preview pics though!
      I'm looking forward to seeing pics of her when she arrives :)