1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-human dolls

Sep 28, 2009

1. You can always go with optional parts from places such as Dollmore or Pipos where you can get resin ears that attach over the wig using magnets. Sometimes the result is way better than wig-ears.

2. Other than Pipos Baha & the new Elfdoll version of Catsy, I'm really not interested in non-human looking dolls. Well, elves of course, but those are still basically human appearing. Lately Soom's been doing a lot of fantasy creatures & while I like looking at them, I feel no desire to own them.

I guess a lot of my feeling in this matter is that I find those dolls rather limiting in what their characters can be. While most of my "human" dolls are non-human characters, it's completely up to me to decide what sort of creature they are, I'm not locked into anything definite by their look. Even vampire dolls don't appeal to me.

3. I totally agree with the love for the fantasy doll i really like both of them!

4. I definitely prefer non-human dolls. Before discovering Soom, I had seen BJDs a few times, and really wasn't interested in them at all. They all seemed very 'samey' to me and just... not interesting. Then I found Soom's fantasy line, and fell completely head over heels in love with Beryl and Sard (who were long sold out at the time, but who I ended up snagging through Soom's Free Choice Events). Now, none of my largest or smallest dolls are human - I do have two MSDs who are human though - Soom's Rosette girls are gorgeous enough without fantasy parts! Even when I do buy dolls that the company designs as humans (like Soom's Alex), I buy fantasy parts for.

5. I like both. Two of the four I have so far are human, the Real Puki is an imp, and there's a human looking tiny who's character isn't supposed to be human due to her size. As I am mostly interested in mature tinies and children in scale to them, so my choices are more limited. I think anthros are cute, but don't see myself owning more than a few. I love looking at Soom's monthly dolls and may get myself a Ticking Crocodile as a FCE doll someday. The fantasy version of him is just OMG, awesome. Crocodile teeth and feet?!

6. I also like both types of dolls, and my collection is split almost 50/50 between fantasy and non-fantasy dolls. Most of my Soom dolls have their fantasy and human parts so I can switch them out when I feel like it. I do like anthro dolls, which I would consider to be completely non-human dolls, but their size just isn't for me.

7. I love non-humans! I have an elf doll, a fox anthro, and a companion doll on the way. My human molds aren't even completely human. My one human sculpt is a half-angel, and the other two have super-powers. I really love fantasy, so this is perfect for me. I display my fantasy dolls with my humans. I don't think they're any less BJD than my humans, they're just different. I do suppose I prefer fantasy sculpts, but I love my humans too.

Check out this thread. This is part two, but there is a part one in the archives: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-or-Species-is-your-doll-Pt-2!&highlight=race

8. I like non-humans, even my human looking dolls mostly have characters that are non-human.

9. I love non-human, especially pet dolls! My first BJD is a 20 cm rabbit "Luna", Bloom from Spirit Doll.

10. I'm a bit of a sucker for fantasy dolls but most of my collection are human. I have a few who have elf ears and a few vampire teethie ones but they are all human shaped. However, I did just buy a Dollzone Coral on eBay and that will be my first completely non-human dolly.

I have to admit I'm not too much for dolls that are animals but are too humanoid though.

11. If it looks like a cat, then chances are I want it desperately.

(or a robot-- or in the case of Batchix' Blip, a CATBOT)

12. I think I prefer humans, although I've admired a few fae dolls before. Not into anthros at all, I'd rather a straight-up animal doll. ^^

13. I don't like elves or centaurs or any of the fantasy dolls really, they're just not my thing. But I do like the adult human dolls with animal ears like cats and deer and things. I think that's because I would also like to go about wearing animal ears! I saw some really cute fluffy deer ears/antlers for children once and really wanted them! I also love hats with animal ears. Maybe it comes from loving sylvanian families as a child...

14. I don't feel like I have preferences one way or another on them. I tend to find my attention grabbed by both 'human' and 'non-human' doll styles. There is currently a cat BJD that reminds me of a story I used to enjoy as a child that I intend to buy when funds allow for it, after my first doll arrives. And then there's an elf doll that I was eyeing as well. I also enjoy the idea of being able to purchase wings to add to either kind of doll to change it from 'human' to 'non-human' so I don't really think the originally intended 'type' of doll ever really matters to me. BJDs seem like such a wonderful creative outlet that you can choose just about anything, even if it doesn't start out that way.

15. I must say Batchix's Blip has caught my eye. I wish she was done in not-too-translucent hot pink. I like elf ears and hooves though I find it tricky to find a wig which doesn't hide the ears and I don't seem to find the right doll with hooves for me to buy.

16. I definitely prefer the fantasy dolls more than the humans. Most of my wishlist dolls have wings, horns, hooves, pointy ears, etc. For me they are much more enchanting than the human dolls (though there are some human sculpts Ive fallen in love with so I don't plan to only buy fantasy dolls!) I'll have to get more dolls to really see which I prefer, but picture wise I prefer non-humans.

17. Most of my dolls are non-humans. The first 4 I ever bought were elves. When Soom came along with their Monthly Dolls, I was in heaven! Love their Faery Legend dolls, too. Love all the little fairy/elfin Pukis. And Doll-Chateau and ... vampires and monsters and anthros...!

Oh, hey, I've got some human dolls, too--and love 'em also. It's all good, I think! :D

Why not? More different dolls for all tastes!

18. I love non human/fantasy dolls. I have 4 fantasy and 2 humans and I will honestly say that I love my fantasy more then my humans. My first doll was a fantasy doll. We see humans all the time but whens the last time you saw a real dragon or satyr? And I'm not saying I don't like humans, I love my human dolls very much, I just think there are way more possibilities on the fantasy side. Even my humans have fantasy type things in their story or character.
      I won't even mention which fantasy type I like most because I love them all.
      I don't think they need to be separated. Maybe labeled (tagged) instead so when I search for a certain type I can find all the dolls that are that type. I want to be able to type in Anthro, Vampire, or Dragon into a dealers search engine and see all the Anthros, Vampires, or Dragons they have. That would be cool.

19. i never really paid attention to animal dolls, they are not my style. but i'm looking through gallery here and saw cute kitten and a bear and they made me rethink! maybe one day i will get a tiny one like a rabbit

20. Oh gosh, I LOVE the Pipos dolls!! There are so many that I would buy from there :D I think I'd actually have more of the Pipos dolls than the human dolls - like I'd have many one special human lady that I really adore, and then have loads of the different kinds of Pipos dolls :3