1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Noses!

Sep 10, 2011

1. When I got into the hobby I never thought noses would be so important to me when I decide on a new doll, but it's become one of the features I pay the most attention to.
      My Chrom's nose is definitely my favorite because it's so perfectly imperfect.

The only style I can't get myself to like is the super anime-ish long, thin, pointed one. There are molds that can certainly pull it off, but in general it's simply not for me.

2. I tend to be drawn to quirky sculpts in general and I ADORE unique noses, (both on people and on BJD lol). Especially in profile, which is why Bermann will forever be one of my grail dolls I think lol. I'm absolutely smitten with my Mano's and my Glorydoll Louis' noses. And Soom's Olivine had a gorgeous nose. Little bumps and unique bridges fascinate me :)
      Also...Dream Realm had some fantastically beautiful, albiet very stylized, noses

3. I am very picky about the noses on my dolls, didn't think I would be but I am. I like cute noses, do not like long pointy noses or pig like noses or large nostrils. Wierd, I can't even watch a movie now if the actor/actress has a bad nose like Owen Wilson. Call me strange but if I had a nose like that I'd get it fixed. Some of our friends have odd noses and it doesn't bother me in person just on dolls and on tv.

4. The best nose? Definitely Bobobie Apollo! Its so big and sexy...if you find an Apollo that's been done correctly! (There are a lot that don't utilize their sexiness. :3)

5. I totally agree with JennyNemesis, the most beautiful and empowering nose I have ever seen on a doll, is without question Iplehouses new limited sculpt, Dexter!

*sigh* I want that doll [​IMG]

6. Hmmm...I love button noses, and noses that are slightly upturned
      My DOD Ducans nose, I like for that reason, but dislike because of its length D: ...Well, I switch between loving and disliking it, because I love it from the front
      (good picture of it here http://the-suns-moon.deviantart.com/art/The-Moonstones-255407001 )

My Bory... I like that nose too :D It's small and buttony and cute

And my B&GNailo Elf....he's got a long straight nose...and I never even think about it xD His nose just doesn't feature with me...

7. I have dolls with very stylized noses, more realistic ones, big ones, small ones...I guess I like them all so long as they make sense with the style of the sculpt. :D

8. My favorite noses are quite long, not too wide and with a slight upward turn. I think Bermann has one of the best noses ever, and I also recently received a head 'Wally' by doll artist Nabarro, and he also as a really cute nose. As for dolls I don't own, I also always thought Volks Cristal has a lovely nose, and I saw I photo of Dollshe's Pabo the other day, who has a really interesting and lovely nose bridge. He could be a Yoshitaka Amano character with that amazing profile! I don't want my dolls to all the same nose though, that would be weird! And I acknowlege that not all sculpts would work with that kind of nose.

9. At the moment I love cute button noses... Littlefée Ante has an adorable little nose and I love the little rounded tip on my Minifée Chloe. Luka has a cute nose as well.
      I just have a thing for CP sculpts because I fell in love with Breakaway's long, sloping nose as well a few years ago.

10. I have a pretty good variety of noses. My RS Lu has a rather long, large nose for being female and having such a tiny face. My DiM Robel has a wider nose than a lot of BJDs. So does my AoD Tao Hua Dao. My BBD Valentine almost looks like he's flaring his nostrils a bit.

I personally do not like the skinny pointy noses (anime-ish). I think they look 'pinched'. I also don't like the tiny button nose, they look too small for the face, unless it's a baby sculpt. It really bothers me when a nose is much smaller than eyes. I know a lot of people like the innocent baby look, but when the nose and mouth are teeny tiny and the eyes are huge, I try to picture that on a real person...and it kind of creeps me out...

11. I tend to like noses that are in good proportion to the rest of the face. Or Noses that are smaller. My favorite nose is my Dollga Irian. Because of the odd bump he has to his nose. It's so distinctive and unique.

12. I find beauty in the imperfect. Noses and chins provide a lot of room for the expression of emotions and character. I prefer noses that aren't thin or sharply pointed. They look overworked or like an afterthought. I like the odd bump or hook and the nostrils should be well shaped. I don't mind button noses or turned up noses on childlike dolls, but it can be iffy on adult faces.

Man, I never thought I could wax poetic about noses. "A nose is a nose . . ." :)

13. I never thought I'd be fussy about noses either, but I am. I dislike the very anime pointy nose that a lot of dolls have, enough that it's made me change my mind about a few potentials on my wishlist. I'm down with wierd and unique noses, as long as they're not ridiculously long and pointed in profile :lol:

14. It depends the gender of the doll, somewhat. Emma happens to have a button-nose, while Stephen has a pointed, and slightly upturned nose. I don't have a trend of noses - I don't think - since their noses are very different-looking to me, but I do like pointed nose rather than rounded ones.

15. Oh! Noses are really important. One reason why my DZ Hal jumped out at me is because he has a nose unlike any of the other Dollzone minis. It's rounded and absolutely what I needed for Gwalchmei XD. Morgana wouldn't be Morgana if she didn't have a turned-up nose, and Gawain ... he just has to have a gorgeous nose, like LLT Roderich's. Oh yum, Roderich's nose! It deserves its own monument :P.

16. I think the Dream of Doll Wi has the best nose ever. It's so... long. >3

17. My favorite type of nose would be the Volks Sasha/Masha nose. Which is less sharp than the F-16/School A/Kaelin, but those noses look similar enough I can live with em.

I know there are certain types of noses I can`t handle for sure :D
      I generally dislike the "Anime" noses where there`s like no nostrils (like the Volks Mimi)
      I don`t like my noses being sharp (like the Luts dolls) and too long (like the IoS men).
      As for Yo-SD sized dolls, I seem to not be able to handle the Crobidoll Yo-sized Lance nose. it`s too "upturned"

18. I totally look for noses on my dolls that look like mine! LOL I have a cute little button of a nose, and I love that on my dollies. The big honking schnozz on dolls like the Delf El scare the heck out of me. I don't know why, but I just can't cope with the fierce "hook" to it. On the other hand, I kind of love DiM Elif for having a big nose that's still sort of cute and snub. I had to laugh at this thread though, people have really well defined opinions when it comes to noses!

19. well...I think there are people who enjoy anime-like bjd, and another who like more real characters. For me, nose shape makes a great difference. But I don't like it so big, or pointed down.

20. Noses can make or break a doll for me. It's all about noses and eyebrows for me. They have to be straight, not droopy and not too big. My nose obsession is really weird.