1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Noses!

Sep 10, 2011

1. I pay a lot of attention to noses too. I like my DZ Raphael's nose, it's not pointy at all - I don't mind pointed noses, but this shape seems realistic and suits his face:

[​IMG]

And I absolutely love Volks Williams' lovely ski-jump nose. Its shape isn't very different from a lot of other BJDs' noses, but it seems to stick out there quite a bit more. :D

2. Three of my girl dolls seem to have ski slope noses. My guys seem to have a wider nose, I must be drawn to that on a male doll I think. Lorrie has a little button nose! :)

3. I try not to have a nose bias, but I really adore perfectly straight noses (I like referring to them as "squidward's house" noses :lol:). I like to make sure all of my dollies have different noses though. The nose is a huge deciding factor for me since I model my dolls after my preexisting characters. I will look at dolls and be like "THAT IS [X]'S NOSE!" and then go from there, heh.

I wouldn't ever buy a bjd with a tiny little anime nose though. I collect figurines as well, so all the anime faces can stay in there XD I like my dolls to be more realistic.

4. I like to see a nose that is different from the same ole same ole ski jump scooped pointy nose in BJD. So I am enchanted with DZ Cosmo's large, masculine, and realistic nose.

[​IMG]

I love Asian dolls, but have only one, Chrom, who has a truly Asian nose. Oh, and who can resist that absolutely gorgeous nose on the new RyuCine? Mmmmm hmmmm!

5. Enjoyed your knowledgeable answer, just to let you nose, er...know. o_0

I love variety.

6. Haha I never really thought much about noses actually, until I looked at a series of front-on shots I took of Lucca (Kirill) and noticed how high up his nose is on his face! :P Maybe I'm just photographing him at weird angles, but it looks kind of mousy. I guess if I really paid attention to noses, I would want ones that kind of swoop like the DOD noses do. ^^

7. I like every type of nose, the ones with the bump (I have one), little cute ones, really elegant ones, ones that are kinda flat on the top, etc. I like how noses bump out when you look at a face from the side. That is very appealing.

8. I think the noses on the ResinSoul minis are one reason I got so addicted to them- there is a variety but they are all realistic. Love An and Rong's kind of flat, wide noses. Also like a lot of the Iplehouse minis for their noses, but some of the larger Iplehouse face sculpts have noses that are just a tinch too short for me- while I like the shape, I wish they were a little bit longer.
      Not personally a fan of the little tiny pointy anime noses. I think they're cute, but don't really fit in the with rest of my dolls, which tend to be more realistic.

[​IMG]
      resinsoul an and rong

9. I don't think their noses look alike. I'm very peculiar about them actually, it's one of the features I scrutinize first before making a purchase.

My wife bought a Christoper from Impl (I think is the company?) and her nose is nothing like the pictures. It's actually very thin and pointy. We were both pretty shocked. One slip and that think would shatter into a billion pieces!

10. Yes, she is an Impl. Her nose is very slender and prominent. I'm not sure whether it would be more likely she'd damage it or her ears if she were to take a spill. I rather like it, though, even if its shape hadn't been so clear in the pictures.

I don't think doll noses look alike, either. Some companies do tend to have a certain nose style they stick with, but I've seen all kinds.

11. I really like a larger, nicely proportioned nose, like this one on Angelo, my Soom Mecha Angel Rex.

[​IMG]

12. RS Mei's nose.
      My mom told me that my nose is similar to Mei's...I have one, so I can say we're related ^.^

13. Ugh yes it's a massive deal to me, as it affects profile and the way shadows fall on their faces! Iplehouse men and dollshe boys win for noses for me, hands down. I like a variety though; my Volks boy has this perfect, straight little nose that works great on him. I modded my Sabik's to be more...specific. Gave it a more prominent upturn, accentuated the slight bump along it's shape.

As long as it's not too thin I'll rarely activly dislike a nose, though I'm not a huge fan of rounded/button noses! Even then, if it works for the face I'll likely not mind it a great deal.

14. my kdf Darae's nose is very cute! it's small and pointy! I love it!!!!!!:fangirl:

15. Noses can definitely make or break a mold for me. I do not like flat, chubby noses on my dolls since it causes the doll to look quite young and I prefer the more mature sculpts. And I also would probably not buy a doll with a paper thin nose ever again. My impldoll fantasia has a very narrow/thin bridge of her nose and while it bothers me sometimes, I'm thankful that I like the rest of her, so she gets to stay :sweat

I like large, strong noses. Stylized noses are quite fine for me too

16. I really like Iplehouse noses :) They are very realistic,as the living. And they always show the nationality of the dolls. Most of allI like a SooRi nose.

17. I am a fan of more realistic sculpts, so the nose is definitely something I look at when admiring a sculpt. If it isn't in scale, it throws the whole face off balance. I have a wider nose with a rounded tip myself and I've always been really self-conscious about it, ever since I was little. I always thought I hated my nose.

Just recently I was admiring a picture of my incoming doll, though, a Resinsoul Feng, and I realized---our faces (and noses) are almost identical! Without even realizing it, I had picked out a doll that looked quite similar to me. I think he's elegant; beautiful even! Maybe I don't dislike my nose as much as I thought. :}

18. My Island Doll Jane has a lovely aquiline nose, but my favourite is my female Chrom, Lydia. I just love the Chrom profile. I think noses can make or break a sculpt for me. I've liked dolls from the front, then seeing a profile shot I've gone off them if their noses don't appeal to me.

[​IMG]

19. Souldoll's RyuCine has a very masculine nose. Hopefully he'll arrive soon so I an see it in person!

20. For me, the nose can be the deciding factor when purchasing a doll; if I dislike the nose, I'll opt for a different doll... with so many sculpts available in different styles, I don't feel like I'm "missing out" on anything. ^-^

Example; Luts El is a very attractive and popular sculpt; everyone and their mom has an El, and I think he's pretty cute, too! ...but I don't like his nose, so I won't buy one for myself.

The overall aesthetic of the sculpt comes into play, so I won't judge a nose shape by itself; I dislike small, pointy "needle-noses" on dolls, unless they have an "anime" style face, where that type of nose fits the style and a larger more realistic nose would look out of place.