1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Noses!

Sep 10, 2011

1. I'm a big fan of people with big noses (a male with a beak is a plus for me), and my feelings extend toward dolls with big noses. That isn't the only part of a doll that I focus on, but it's something fun to look at.

2. I prefer tiny, perky noses on girls. For the guys, however, any kind of nose is nice. Except for those really pointy ones. xD

3. Noses are actually quite difficult for me! I need to get a boy with a big nose. D:
      For my girls, they have such small stubby noses that in some pictures of them where they are too over exposed their noses dissappear giving their face a strange look! :(

4. Normally, I don't really think of noses, but for some dolls, it can be a deal breaker for me. The Doll Fairyland Ante has (IMO) THE best nose I've ever seen. I originally bought mine because of the nose actually. And I love that little face so much I actually ended up buying two (and still wanting more, curse those adorable Antes). I hate the nose on my Volks Tanpopo by itself, but it really works with her and I love the doll. So, I guess I like a variety of noses, and sometimes it's the nose that actually makes me want the doll, but not always. The Ante has a cute, babyish sort of nose, round and buttony. Tanpopo has more of a pointy one.

5. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]In my opinion the most beautiful noses Luts Summer Event 2010 head. (I speak as the owner) is also very beautiful, I think Lance's nose from Krobidoll. (Of course, it's not very realistic, but there is something there!))))[/FONT]

6. Doll noses, I have a crazy thing for them. As long as the nose fits with the rest of the features, I'm pretty much good with any style, manri real noses, ski slope noses, anime nubs, button noses... I do like some variety in my collection.

Although I'm rather partial to thin, sharp noses, my absolute favorite nose belongs to Leeke Romeo. I had no plans for the sculpt, but I bought him simply because of that nose <3

7. Ryu. Migidoll ryu has the best nose. (Okay, I'm biased..... The dollshe boys Rosen and Bermann have pretty great noses too.)

8. I'm forever in love with the nose of migidoll Ryu~ I bought my boy pretty much only because of it~

9. I want a boy with a big ol' Williams nose.

I really like smaller, rounder noses on girls, though.

10. No anime style, roman, or super tall bridge noses for me. My favorite nose is Iplehouse Asa and Benny.

11. I don't like those narrow and pointy or anime style noses.. I prefer the more realistic/unique shapes

Aaand I'd really like to find a boy doll (msd) with more asian-looking nose :3 (help..?)

12. I like big or interesting noses. I practically coo with delight when I find sculpts that have 'broken' looking noses!

13. I really like my Marchen Waltz Clair's nose. She has a REAL nose ~ especially for a girl BJD. She's definitely my favorite!

14. I'm surprised no one said anything about Leeke Mihael's cute potato-nose. <3

Offering picture of a gorgeous Mihael from Flickr for example:

[​IMG]
      [SUB]IMG_2482 by REEpaint, on Flickr[/SUB]

15. Me, too. It's why I love my Ark: he looks like he's had his nose broken and not set quite straight. it's my favourite feature of his, next to those giant bat ears. I like all of my other dolls' various sorts of noses, but his is my favourite. Unidoll sculpted really lovely noses in general on their Unireal line:Jace and Ark and, I think, nearly all of the other boys in the line all had those really strong, lovely noses.

16. I honestly prefer noses that are very unique, so I almost always want a doll as soon as I see a unique nose... Even if later I realise I don't like the sculpt. ><

17. i love love love unique noses, and of most kinds. haha. zaolls have a very interesting roundish nose, mihaels have a round fat nose (potato nose woohoo~), migidolls in general have a distinctive profile (can't really describe this) and they're all on my dream doll list, haha. i think nose give dolls a very distinctive profile, and even for luts sharp pointy noses, i love them to bits. my lishe boy has a very nice profile and my sdf bliss has a nice straight but round nose. next to lips, these are probably the thing that draws my attention about a sculpt most.

18. I'm not much of a nose person, i.e. I don't pay too much attention to them to the point of them turning me off or on to a sculpt. I'm more of a mouth person, I love big, full lips and that is what will make or break a sculpt for me. But I will have to admit that my Doll Chateau Pierre's nose kind of made me pay attention to noses more and more. I LOVE his nose!

[​IMG]

19. This is quite a point of interest for me personally. Aside from general facial proportion, the thing I tend to look for in dolls the most is the nose. I really love distinctive noses; I feel like those sculpts that have them are the ones that stand out the most in my mind as being interesting. It follows that I'm not a big fan of the "anime" noses that are unrealistically pointy, smooth or narrow -- when I consider a doll's face in terms of art work, I can't help but think that type of nose lacks the detail to make the face, as a whole, interesting. That's only my humble opinion of course. :sweat

That all being said, I do like a certain level of perfection in my dolls noses (not TOO wide, or TOO crooked), I just like them to retain some realism. I think that's why I picked my first girl doll (5stardoll Chu, yet to be named). I love her long nose and puffy lower lip; I think she's one of the few girl sculpts that I've looked at and first noticed how....not absolutely perfectly tiny her nose is. But I am pretty new to this hobby!

My 5Star Chu, a work in progress:
      [​IMG]
      I love her profile. xD I never realized just how large her nose is until I took this picture.

20. To me the nose is very important for a mold. I don't like noses that are too long or straight noses. I figured that I liked my noses with a little curve and with the cute "wide" nostrils > <. I used to LOVE my Delf Moon's nose, but it kind of influenced me to mod it because it was too long and too straight for my new taste.

[​IMG]