1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Noses!

Sep 10, 2011

1. I love noses! I don't have a particular criteria, just that it fit with the rest of the features. Big noses, sharp noses, button noses, ski-slopes, hooked beaks, anime style... I'll take 'em all. A nose will only bother me if it's style doesn't match the rest of the face. Like a realistic face with an anime nose looks pinched to me... but that nose can work great on a more stylized face.

I own dolls with straight realisitic noses, pointy ski slopes, buttons, bulbs... Love the diversity. As far as my favorite noses....

Elfdoll Mir is sheer perfection:
      [​IMG]

Dollmore Kid Ujee is imperfectly perfect... defiantly broad with big nostrils. That cute potato nose makes his face:
      [​IMG]

I think Dollmore Amos has a godly nose! It's insane in the best way. Dollshe Bernard and Soom Namu are also among my favorites. Can't leave out Leeke Mihael either (his nose reminds me so much of Ujee's).

2. I'm not into noses that much but I think they should match the face and not be just a pyramid in the middle.

3. Dollmore Ujee has a perfect nose.

4. Noses are a huge part of picking the doll for me... for example, I saw the Minifee Shiwoo head when I first started out in the hobby and loved it. I thought it was the most gorgeous head in existence. Then I saw the nose, and that just kind of turned me off. I don't know what it was about it, but I just couldn't make myself love his nose as much as I loved the rest of his face.

But I would like to second (third? fourth?) that Dollshe Rosens have perfect noses.

5. So, I guess I haven't thought that much about noses - LOL! In general, I would say that I prefer realistic noses as my preference is realistic BJDs. But, I'm open to all types of noses if they are appropriate for the style of the BJD. Okay, I'm off to take a look at my dolls' noses now... ;)

6. I looooove unusual noses on dolls! I think it can really be what makes a sculpt unique and is usually the feature that draws me most to a doll. Both my SD dolls have unique noses, Migidoll Ryu and Delf Miyu, if they didn't the wouldn't stand out half as much as they do.

7. I love so much nose like has Islanddoll Jane, Vivian and Illusion Spirit Tosaca (♥♥♥). They are perfect for me.

8. BJD-noses are wonderful! Most of them are rather long and arched, which I like a lot.
      My doll (Peak's Woods FOC Lavin) has a gorgeous nose!

Also I love Dollshe Saints nose, it looks like the perfect nose for a real man.
      And of course Leeke Edgars nose. It's rather unusual for a bjd, as it is pretty wide. I love it and it gives him something special that is only his.

9. I have a thing for noses, and love whole range of them. From the Volks Lucai nose, to Unidoll Jace, to Switch noses. I love the small and dainty too, but I prefer them to be strong and defined. Kamau's nose is a stunner, although my personal favorite has to be Arvid's.

I notice my slight obsession in my sculpting too. Every time I'm working on a new head, I search the internet for pictures of people with interesting features *laughs*. Without a good nose, a face lacks character I think.

10. I am actually having a huge issue with noses at the moment.
      I chose an iplehouse Iris (1/3) for a teen character and am now trying to find a 1/4 head mold to be her younger self. Thus far it's the nose that's the hardest to match. I've gone through every single dollmaker listed in the wiki and came back with roughly 8 possible matches (including both genders)

It's one of those things, you don't realize how diffrent they all are until you try to get matches

11. My favorite nose is Dollzone Ying. I have him and love that he is not a pretty boy.

12. I love pointy, big noses, which is probably why I'm so enarmoured with Dollzone (that and squinting, long eyes!)

13. I usually don`t pay much attention to the shape of the nose if face looks harmoniously, but now when I think of it nose may be the main reason why Crobidoll`s Lance became the first one in my collection.
      I just love it.. his nose))

[​IMG]

14. I love Soom Chrom's nose (Soom makes beautiful noses), Switch noses, Crobidoll noses.... I dislike thin noses in photos on Ipmldoll website.

15. I like Migidoll Ryu's nose. Its a touch on the large side but I love it. My big nose boy. :aheartbea

16. I remember staring at my Hound's nose once and suddenly realising that Hound actually has a slightly deviated septum. Which means Hounds must snore! :lol: I found that rather endearing.

17. I love Iplehouse Isar's sharp, pointy nose. She has a very middle-eastern look to her with that nose, especially in the light brown skin.
      I also love Iplehouse Dexter's strong, manly nose. ^___^ Iplehouse noses are some of the best. They make the most unique and realistic sculpts!

18. Noses are a big deciding factor for me. I don't want one too small or too big, but the problem is mainly noses being too small for my tastes (I collect girl dolls). It's quite disappointing, especially when you love everything else about the sculpt. I also have to really pay attention because companies have misleading photos. :(

19. My HZ "Wang-Ye" has a very prominent nose which I absolutely adore. <3 Never hear too much about HZ. Maybe they're too new? They have the moodiest sculpts you can find.

[​IMG]

20. I love pointed and defined noses! Those with obvious bridges and those which are abit high! When choosing a doll it's super important for me to like the nose ~