1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Not anatomically correct...

Nov 27, 2009

1. I think some of the dolls breast are ridiculous and it bothers me sometimes that either the legs are too long or the arms are too short. Especially when they can't place their arms over their head. It also effects the posing as well

2. I'd love to see more flat chested females with slender bodies. Putting a small chest on a regular sized body doesn't work for me.

I don't mind large fakey chests so long as the head is mature enough for it.

I would prefer muscular male bodies to have stronger features.

I cannot stand the super muscular male bodies with the broad shoulders and large thighs. These bodies look so unnatural to me.

I also cannot stand tall scrawny dolls. Their limbs seem to just hang.

There's a lot more I could say but this is enough! Haha

3. often arms are seem to long and a few have very long legs and i wish some of the girl bodies were not quite as square in the shoulders, some seem a little manly to me

also doll butts always look weird to me...lol, not sure why but i suspect its because it hard to make a realistic ass for both sitting and standing so its a compromise.

also long necks, both my DOD and my luts seem overly long to me and its especially noticeable at some angles and when you examine your own neck in the mirror ....its so much shorter, like you touch your chest with your chin.
      but other than that all the rest is good, i dont mind exaggerated attractive features like eyes, boobs, hips, thighs, thats all fine by me.

cant say i dig the anorexic looking dolls, or ones with exaggerated lips and pencil thin arm's

4. the only thing that bothers me is a dolls nose if it is to pointy

5. What kills me the most is the neck, soom's necks are so so so fat and big.

I also never saw a decent centaur. Chiron is terrible, for the lord, what is that thing. Epidos is deformed...Zinc is okay.

Soom Monzo's wings bug the hell out of me, they are so terrible.

6. I've been noticing all sorts of dolls whose faces are like down in their chins, leaving an absolutely massive forehead and just making them look really weird. :C

I also saw a sculpt whose eyes and nose I really liked, but the lips were huge and strangely-shaped. o.o

7. I guess I must be sort of an exception :sweat I can't think of any dolls that bother me anatomically. I guess because I don't see them as being 'real' living things, so I can accept stylization (whether it be artistic or pragmatic).

8. It doesn't really bother me if the dolls I like are correctly proportioned, they are artistic representations and stylisation is all part of the artists interpertation and vision for their work. I do like some of the really sylised dolls with the odd shaped bodies, I find them interesting.

9. The main thing that bothers me are legs. I don't mind them being a tad long but it's just strange when they're super long and there's no calf or quad muscle, or fat on the thigh (for lady dolls in particular). I hate skinny emaciated looking legs. My Doll Leaves Sisley's legs bug me to no end, I tried making baggy shorts to compensate for the lack of anatomically correct shape but it's only worked a little.

Also when I first received the Sisley I knew her nose was going to bug me. She's has that small pointed nose with no bridge, but I loved her small eyes and deer ears a lot that I overlooked it mostly. I've sanded the pointiness down but I want to work on it still, but I'd have no idea how to mod her so the built up area is the same colour as her resin.

I love my Resinsoul Ya's skinny sylph body, but her head is a tad too big. It's only really just starting to bug me though. I love RS's option for light tan so I'll deal with it. However, I really don't like the skinniness of my RS Mai and his long long legs don't please me at all.

I have two DiM girls and to me they are perfect. I wish there was a resin colour choice, but anatomically they are what I like. Stylized but not so stylized they look wrong to the eye.

I think the lesson I learnt was I'm not a slim-MSD person.

Argh, I edited and wrote a big long speech and then my internet crapped up and I lost it.

10. I'm intrigued to see a lot of things being mentioned as anatomically incorrect are things that occur in humans too, like our likes and dislikes of what we find attractive is reflected in the dolls we like. Touching on that perhaps, I'm not hugely fond of fuller lips on dolls, they can be well done on some sculpts and then other times I just feel like maybe there's been an allergic reaction and their lips are swollen.

I'm not a huge fan of fantasy parts. They don't feel right anatomically to me, the few centaurs I've seen just don't sit well with me either.

As they say, it's in the eye of the beholder :)

11. I get really spooked by girl dolls with reeeeally wide hips - with a giant room between their legs... @.@ I don't really mind wide hips, but when the distance between the legs is too wide, I cringe a bit. I do understand why it's a quite popular occurances, but...it's really...not...very anatomically correct...